[SINGLE]15th Z no Chikai
  • asan

April 2015
    462 Reputation
    Invader said:

At a Spanish University, Specializing in cultural goods distribution. Don't assume people on the internet aren't educated or that marketing teams on big companies can't screw things up every now and then.

Can I assume you know little about Japan? Cause that's why I'm refraining from those discussions. Maybe nobody watches Youtube over there.

• April 2015
    262 Reputation
    niconico is huge there but I'm going to go ahead and assume that the full video isn't getting uploaded there either.

the way BiS did their videos was pretty smart, I think. it was the full songs, but they'd be interrupted by a brief talking segment or other audio, and you could get the unedited video with the singles usually.

there are ways around giving people the song "for free" that don't involve only showing two minutes of it. but they could still do the full version at a later date, I assume.

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1737 Reputation
    asan said:

Can I assume you know little about Japan? Cause that's why I'm refraining from those discussions. Maybe nobody watches Youtube over there.

In this case I don't think it matters that it's Japan. One thing we can agree on is that they gave people Full PVs and now they don't. They had singles and albums with amazing sales while releasing full PVs.

I swear I try but I can't see how short versions are supposed to increase sales, when there was a time they gave full PVs and had better sales. Another thing will be talking about another group, who'd always released short version and ask them to release full versions, if they did good with that strategy there might be no reason to change it.

In a selfish way I don't give a damn if it's a short version or not because I'm going to download the Blu-ray from somebody :)) But thinking about Momoclo as a business, I'm not going to praise it as brilliant marketing decision when it's not. Their sales will not improve this way, if anything they'll sell the same as always.

Another thing I've been wondering about is if they haven't released this on the radio yet? usually we get a crappy radio rip and hear the full song before it's released. I did buy the single but it feels like a blind purchase because it's coming out in two days and I've only heard previews of it.

I'll stop annoying people with my opinions and start annoying people with my gifs again:
    http://invadermcz.tumblr.com/post/117091185279/more-momoiro-clover-z-dragon-ball-version

• eyelesseyeless

April 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Fukkatsu no F got #1 on Japan box office ranking
    http://aramajapan.com/news/tvmovie/movies/japan-box-office-ranking-week-of-april-18-19/18372/

And I just know Furious 7 is called Sky Mission there :)

• April 2015
    262 Reputation
    Wild Speed: Sky Mission is a fantastic title :))

• April 2015
    644 Reputation
    The single's pretty fantastic.

I like Cha la head cha la a lot lol

• April 2015
    372 Reputation
    Invader said:

I swear I try but I can't see how short versions are supposed to increase sales, when there was a time they gave full PVs and had better sales.

Have you considered a version of reality in which cause and effect is a little more complex than "sales depend solely on whether they release a full PV or not"? Because that would explain higher sales despite a less effective marketing strategy just fine.

Sorry, but you haven't given any actual reason why releasing the full PV would help sales. Other than "not releasing it pisses people off", which is not really true for most people, and is not something you would've learned at a business college.

• April 2015
    372 Reputation

That depends. Do they have any flying cars in it?

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Jeeeeez I never said full PVs on youtube will definitely increase sales. I just said that uploading the Short version will not help increase sales. I don't see anything positive about changing from Full to Short.

A lot of times we've talk about how sales aren't even what drives Momoclo, it's their lives that are more important. Their PVs managed millions of views on Youtube so even if Youtube is not truly relevant in Japan it must have helped get them noticed by a lot of people. That people might choose to buy their singles or go to the concerts.

But honestly it's just my opinion. I thought this was forum where you could talk about stuff without having to bring up your resume :)) I've studied marketing and that let me to believe there's not just one answer for this type of thing. You read one book and it says A and then another says B. The point is there's no right answer when managing a group. Marketing teams aren't gods and neither am I. I was just expressing my concerns about what I think is a shitty move.

My copy shipped today but of course I won't get it until 2-3 weeks. Hopefully by the time I get home a kind soul would have uploaded it to JPS.

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Full PV is awesome.
    If you know the Dragon Ball story, I am sure that you will be satisfied.

Spoiler:

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation

Haha yes I just heard that too, this song very addictive once you hear it more than one time.

“Z” no Chikai is awesome as well and got me shaking my head so many times lol.

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation
    The girls sing the english version of “Z” no Chikai for the Dragon Ball Z international release?
    http://mdpr.jp/cinema/detail/1483893

• April 2015
    904 Reputation
    .....what? OwO;;;;;
    Shut up. Take my money. Gimme an English version with the girls singing! XDDDDDD

• April 2015
    644 Reputation
    Azureus said:

Haha yes I just heard that too, this song very addictive once you hear it more than one time.

“Z” no Chikai is awesome as well and got me shaking my head so many times lol.

Though I don't really listen to the original, every time I hear Cha La, I can only think of the version sung by Hirano Aya as an ending to an episode of Lucky Star.

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation
    English ver is played in movie theater of other countries outside Japan.

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation
    I believe they're talking about the english version of “Z” no Chikai in this video.

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    lol an English version...well that means it might be getting an international release which is fine with me. If there girl are singing in English, that's also fine with me.

• April 2015
    262 Reputation

That depends. Do they have any flying cars in it?

They drive cars out of an airplane. Close enough?

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Someone uploaded the songs on youtube

Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no “F” [Momoiro Clover Z - "Z” no Chikai] Theme Song

Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no “F” [Momoiro Clover Z – Romantic Kongaragatteru]

Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no “F” [Momoiro Clover Z – CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA]

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Finally got home, now time to listen to the single:

Z no Chikai
    Well, that was amazing. They left the best part our of the previews. Kanako's solo at 3:21, the song slows down and then picks up again in such an incredibly epic way.

Romantic Kongaragatteru
    I was expecting this to be a ballad like Gekkou but it's more like an Aarin solo song =)) It's cute and it does remind me of Dragon Ball (I don't know the title of the song I'm thinking about). If I'd gotten the Limited edition I would've been disappointed with this one being one of the two songs. Thankfully I've got the regular edition which brings us to:

CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA
    I had an out of body experience while listening to this. I didn't think they'd go the rock way but I'm truly happy they did. I hope they perform this live at some point, the whole not being able to wear dragon ball costumes makes me worry about their ability to perform this. They basically only performed Moon Revenge once and I'm still waiting for that to be released.

I've had my Kanako feels on check for a while until this release, but she decided to take action and make me notice her again:

I guess everyone's as ecstatic about their oshi's on this release as I am, so here, gifs of Momoclo obliterating the competition:
    Spoiler:

http://invadermcz.tumblr.com/post/116300783959/dragon-ball-momoiro-clover-z-style-part-1

I refresh JPS every 5 min to see if the Full PV is available because I need it NOW.