[ALBUM] 3rd "AMARANTHUS" and 4th "Hakkin no Yoake"
  • InvaderInvader

February 2016
    1737 Reputation
    The fact that both albums are selling virtually the same makes me think people have no restraints and everybody bought both of them.

Mononofu A: We have to choose which one to buy first, Amaranthus or Hakkin no Yoake
    Mononofu B:
    Evil Line: >:) $$$$$$ >:)

• InvaderInvader

February 2016
    1737 Reputation
    Double post. Sorry

• February 2016
    59 Reputation
    Don't know how to quote someone here, but Invander: I don't think it has to do with restraints :P
    I think it simply has to do with the fact that it's two different albums, and people want to hear all the new songs :)
    I know people who will buy two copies of each album, just so that they have one copy they listen to and another copy keep in plastic for all eternity.. that's maybe something that needs restraints :P

• February 2016
    242 Reputation

I know people who will buy two copies of each album, just so that they have one copy they listen to and another copy keep in plastic for all eternity.. that's maybe something that needs restraints :P

I think these people account for a very small proportion of sales compared to people who just buy one copy.

• February 2016
    220 Reputation

Don't know how to quote someone here

Just click on "Quote" to the left of the post.

... another copy keep in plastic for all eternity...

Oddly I didn't open mine yet...hahah. I already downloaded the mp3s, so there wasn't a huge rush...

• February 2016
    116 Reputation
    Just wanted to say that I finally listened to both albums last night and it's nothing short of inspiring.

At first I wasn't sure how to feel about it all because it was a huge barrage of new songs, but a consistent element throughout all the songs are apparent. IMO, heir sound has matured greatly, with the songs utilizing different instruments, sounds, and melodies that give them more depth and complexity than they've tackled before.

Many of these songs I feel wouldn't have suited MCZ if they were released when they were in their mid teens. Plenty of people, myself included, wondered what "mature" MCZ would sound like when they grew out of their relentless teen energy phase, and I think this exceeded my predictions. The more I listen to them, I more my appreciation and enjoyment of the albums grow.

There isnt' a single original song in these albums that don't contain some hook or surprise. With the majority of idol songs I can generally get a feel for how the song and chorus will be within the first minute of the song, but these songs were GREAT at keeping you guessing and subverting expectations. Overall, I probably like Amaranthus more than Hakkin.

Part of it will probably be because I've been exposed to pretty much half of Hakkin's track list before listening-- the full tracks for Hakkin no Yoake and Mokuro were out months before release, three singles were on it, and Rock the Boat some of us pretty much knew how it'd sound since it was a reappropriated demo track which was discovered pages ago.

Personally, Amaranthus will probably be at the top next to Battle and Romance, and Hakkin/5th Dimension will stand just a tiny bit under them in my ranking.

• February 2016
    220 Reputation
    I've always found these 'music box' melody conversions pretty relaxing...

the whole Momoiro Clover Z playlist is here.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLADHzEaWA6KCqm9_djLkYCm65h41fvHSh

• AzureusAzureus

February 2016
    1470 Reputation
    MAHOROVACATION (TV Short ver.)

• February 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(February 19)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-02-19/
    1. *6,127 Momoiro Clover Z(Hakkin no Yoake)
    2. *6,123 Momoiro Clover Z(AMARANTHUS)
    3. *4,587 E-girls

AMARANTHUS
    1st - 38,120
    2nd - 24,638
    3rd - *4,229
    4th - *6,123

Hakkin no Yoake
    1st - 38,481
    2nd - 24,718
    3rd - *4,220
    4th - *6,127

• AzureusAzureus

February 2016
    1470 Reputation
    wrong post

• February 2016
    59 Reputation

Don't know how to quote someone here

Just click on "Quote" to the left of the post.

... another copy keep in plastic for all eternity...

Oddly I didn't open mine yet...hahah. I already downloaded the mp3s, so there wasn't a huge rush...

Okay, thanks but it doesn't seem to work very well for me :/
    And Amagi822, I agree with you there that it's a very small proportion.

• February 2016
    59 Reputation
    Haha it did work after all!
    Thanks, I don't know how I could have missed that one.

• February 2016
    38 Reputation
    A quick first impression after listening to the new albums once through.

They are good, but not great. There is a notable lack of musical hooks and memorable vocal melodies on Hakkin no Yoake. Moon Pride and "Z" no Chikai were weakish singles, but they take on a new luster compared to the forgettable songs around them. Rock The Boat is my favorite so far off that album; too bad it's the shortest track.

I just finished listening to Amaranthus, and overall it sounds like excerpts from "Momoiro Clover The Broadway Musical." It felt like several of the songs were taken out of some larger context, and weren't meant to stand on their own. They left me feeling a bit confused, wondering what they were supposed to be about. On the plus side, We Are Born and Gorilla Punch are stand-out tracks so far, and I'm glad to hear the great Naitemo Iindayo again.

• February 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(February 20)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-02-20/
    1. *4,426 E-girls
    2. *3,124 Man With A Mission
    3. *3,078 Momoiro Clover Z(Hakkin no Yoake)
    4. **,*** Momoiro Clover Z(AMARANTHUS)

AMARANTHUS
    1st - 38,120
    2nd - 24,638
    3rd - *4,229
    4th - *6,123
    5th - **,***

Hakkin no Yoake
    1st - 38,481
    2nd - 24,718
    3rd - *4,220
    4th - *6,127
    5th - *3,078

• asan

February 2016
    462 Reputation
    So the whole fuss about Maeyamada was for a total of two songs on the new albums?!

• February 2016
    372 Reputation
    asan said:

So the whole fuss about Maeyamada was for a total of two songs on the new albums?!

So far. I'm sure they'll work with him again. They're good songs, by the way.

• ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    On the new album of Ebichu there are two songs of Hyadain too. It's normal thing

• ColeenaColeena

February 2016
    174 Reputation
    Buryou Tougen Nakayoshi Monogatari translation: http://papercoleena.com/momoclo/buryoutougen (also Hakkin no Yoake)

Waiting for midterms/finals to end before I open the 4th album, but the lyrics for all of AMARANTHUS are absolute top-notch, not to mention the music. I internally groaned when they said Saboten to Ribon was going to be a love song (too much, j-pop, too much), but it ended up being my favorite out of them all lyrics-wise, since it's just so endearing. Gosh, I've never been so excited to translate.

The documentary was so quality on its own, too, it feels like it was worth the whole album. It definitely showcases their ability to sing in a studio setting and work with voice direction really well, and I was smiling throughout the whole thing. The uho-uho-uho part for Gorilla Punch was hilarious, with Kanako teasing Aarin about how the uho's suit her lol. Plus Shiorin walking in to see Hyadain and going like "u, ueh??!? ?!? good mor..." "What do you mean, 'ueh'?!"

• February 2016
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(February 21)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-02-21/
    1. *5,852 E-girls
    2. *5,331 ZARD
    3. *3,911 BUMP OF CHICKEN
    4. **,*** Momoiro Clover Z(Hakkin no Yoake)
    5. **,*** Momoiro Clover Z(AMARANTHUS)

AMARANTHUS
    1st - 38,120
    2nd - 24,638
    3rd - *4,229
    4th - *6,123
    5th - **,***
    6th - **,***

Hakkin no Yoake
    1st - 38,481
    2nd - 24,718
    3rd - *4,220
    4th - *6,127
    5th - *3,078
    6th - **,***

• February 2016
    220 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Oricon(February 21)
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2016-02-21/
    1. *5,852 E-girls
    2. *5,331 ZARD
    3. *3,911 BUMP OF CHICKEN
    4. **,*** Momoiro Clover Z(Hakkin no Yoake)
    5. **,*** Momoiro Clover Z(AMARANTHUS)

AMARANTHUS
    1st - 38,120
    2nd - 24,638
    3rd - *4,229
    4th - *6,123
    5th - **,***
    6th - **,***

Hakkin no Yoake
    1st - 38,481
    2nd - 24,718
    3rd - *4,220
    4th - *6,127
    5th - *3,078
    6th - **,***

Well...that fell off rather quickly... But still #1 and 2 for the week, right?