[ALBUM] 3rd "AMARANTHUS" and 4th "Hakkin no Yoake"
  • ebizoriebizori

February 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I've never skipped intro tracks)

• February 2016
    59 Reputation
    Me neither :P
    And MCZTamanofu, I agree that maybe that's the point that one has to listen to both albums in one sitting?

• March 2016
    59 Reputation
    I've just listen to both the albums and to be honest, I'm not too impressed :/

• March 2016
    242 Reputation
    I thought the same when I listened to them for the first time. I think that because it's so much new material, it becomes hard to really remember the songs well. I've found that when listening to them again, I find more and more cool stuff in the heap of new songs.

• March 2016
    59 Reputation
    Yeah I think you wrote a post about that, which is good of course :)
    I have not given up on them and I will have more listens to it, I think it's those kind of albums that grows on you on time.
    I will have a full review of them in a week or so on my site if you guys are interested.

• Paco

March 2016
    331 Reputation
    While I like most of the songs, I am skipping all the time almost every song and listening to only 4 songs:
    WE ARE BORN
    BURYOUTOUGEN NAKAYOSHI MONOGATARI
    -
    MAHOROBAKESHON
    MOMOIRO SORA

• March 2016
    3398 Reputation

I've just listen to both the albums and to be honest, I'm not too impressed :/

I on the other hand like both albums a lot. Amaranthus more than Yoake, but I'm happy with the outcome :)

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation
    Is it confirm that both albums will be on U.S Itunes on March 4th? Or will it ever be on Ameican Itunes?

• March 2016
    322 Reputation
    It took a while for me to get into them as well. At first I just couldn't love them.
    But now after many many listens I adore them. AMARANTHUS is, I think, their best album second to Battle and Romance. Almost every song on there is amazing in my opinion. I could live without Demonstration, though.

• March 2016
    144 Reputation
    There's definitely a lot to take in on these albums. I didn't even notice those Shiorin backing vocal parts on Country Rose until Azureus posted that video, for example, and there's probably a lot more little details that I haven't found :-/ Because of this, it seems pretty likely to me that most people's opinions of the albums would change a fair bit after hearing them for a while.

Also, I forgot to mention this when I was saying my updated opinion, but I find it funny that with all the relatively famous people they had making the songs, the one that seems to be almost unanimously considered the best was done by some relatively unknown guys with only a tumblr for their official website. :)

• March 2016
    59 Reputation
    It's very interesting to hear all you peoples opinion about these albums, and like I said.. I haven't given up on these albums, but they were hard to get into :/
    As far as now, the old singles and Gorira Punch are the best.
    But I'm gonna give them more time and like you said cinnamonpie, there are a lot of details to be discovered :)

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation
    Even though I have yet to listen to both albums, there's one thing I've learned when it comes to listening to new music: NEVER rate them after hearing it only once!! When you first listen to them, sure there might certainly be songs that will instantly get you hooked after hearing it just once, but other songs will either end up only giving you small click interest or no click at all. But the advice I would give from personal experience is hear those new songs multiple times before making judgements. (And if necessary, you don't need to listen to a whole new album in one take, because it can possibly backfire you to start getting bored for having to listen to new songs for so long)!!

• March 2016
    59 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Even though I have yet to listen to both albums, there's one thing I've learned when it comes to listening to new music: NEVER rate them after hearing it only once!! When you first listen to them, sure there might certainly be songs that will instantly get you hooked after hearing it just once, but other songs will either end up only giving you small click interest or no click at all. But the advice I would give from personal experience is hear those new songs multiple times before making judgements. (And if necessary, you don't need to listen to a whole new album in one take, because it can possibly backfire you to start getting bored for having to listen to new songs for so long)!!

As a long time music lover, I agree with you. One should give every band, music genre or album a little more time than just one listen. There are stuff that I hated before that I now days are loving. Momoiro and J-Pop in general is such a thing :)

• MM305

March 2016
    436 Reputation

MM305 said:

As a long time music lover, I agree with you. One should give every band, music genre or album a little more time than just one listen. There are stuff that I hated before that I now days are loving. Momoiro and J-Pop in general is such a thing :)

Why did you disliked Momoclo at first? And what made you love them?

• manumczmanumcz

March 2016
    12 Reputation
    I'm agree with MM305 just hearing once is not enough to discover how wonderful and all that have each song, the more I listening the albums the more I love it, my favorite ones are:
    AMARANTHUS
    WE ARE BORN (Since I hear the instrumental preview I knew I was going to love)
    Monochrome Dessan (How cool song, so soft at first to end up being a bomb of emotions)
    Gorilla Punch (Momoka rocks in this song, obviously the rest not far behind, with that gorilla sound and the "selvatic part" this song going to be a fan favorite)
    Buryoutougen Nakayoshi Monogatari (Another jewel of the great Hyadain)
    Saboten to Ribbon (A funny one that is really sticky and great with the band sound)
    Bussouge (I could say that is one of my favorite ballads of momoclo)
    Naitemo Iin da yo (my favorite song could not miss, so great, so full of emotions, it's really good to mourn when you feel bad and you want to take out all those bad feelings)
    Guns N' Diamond(So powerful, great, and unexpected with that end, it seems a serial song or anime song)
    Bye Bye de Sayounara (when I heard the preview reminds me a little of saraba, has a rough touch as pirates by the voices of men with a touch of sentimentality that complement it perfectly)

Hakkin no Yoake
    Ko no A, Hajimari no Z -prologue- (That intro with hints of Happy Re:Birthday, very angelic, very sentimental, it's best, could easily be a song)
    Tougenkyou (It has something that makes it special, Is like a futuristic one, is different)
    Hakkin no Yoake (I did not like it when I heard it the first time,now I love it has a special touch)
    Mahoro Vacation (This song really is a surprise I did not think it was so good, it is definitely the jewel of this album and with that video THE BEST)
    Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina (The union of two cultures in a song, and a very good one, the step towards internationalization for momoclo)
    Country Roads -Toki no Tabibito- (this song has so many elements that make it a explosively one)
    MOON PRIDE (The song of the resurgence of one of my favorite childhood cartoons, has the essence of sailor moon on it)
    “Z” no Chikai (This should be the song of the new anime Dragon Ball, has the essence of the battles of dragon ball with the choreography and video that make it even more special
    Ai wo Tsugu Mono (Hyadain knows how to make really good songs, and this dedicated to love can not be the exception
    Mokkuro Ninaru Hate (Another hip hop song in which momoclo demonstrates the ability to experiment with any genre and sounds equally great)

In conclusion the two album are very good but my favorite is AMARANTHUS by some elements who make it good from start to finish, the rest of the songs will grow on me when I see them on concert :D

• March 2016
    487 Reputation
    AMARANTHUS and Hakkin no Yoake are now on ITunes!
    (I can finally listen to them lol)
    Both are 10.99!
    What are your recommendations on which songs to buy? I can only buy 7

• March 2016
    322 Reputation
    Since you're a Momoka fan, buy Gorilla Punch.
    After that, WE ARE BORN and Mahoroba are the popular ones and for good reason so go for it. Saboten to Ribbon is also great.
    Tougenkyou I like a lot personally.
    And the two Hyadain songs.

• March 2016
    372 Reputation
    Monokuro Dessan is a gem...and, of course, Naitemo Iin Da Yo is a brilliant song, and it's on the albums. But I assume you probably already have it, since it was released as a single back in 2014.

[late edit] There's also a song on one of the albums, that starts out like just another stupid R&B track, but turns into the purest, loveliest soul you'll ever hear, by the end. I can't remember the title, but I don't think it got mentioned as of yet. I'll post the title later (unless someone beats me to it).

• March 2016
    144 Reputation
    Gorilla Punch, Mahorovacation, and Monochrome Dessan are probably the ones I'd consider essentials. I also like Country Rose and Imagination, and Guns N' Diamond is quite popular, so you might want that one.

• March 2016
    372 Reputation

Gorilla Punch, Mahorovacation, and Monochrome Dessan are probably the ones I'd consider essentials. I also like Country Rose and Imagination, and Guns N' Diamond is quite popular, so you might want that one.

Yes, every last one of those is essential. You wanna get all of those. Are you sure you can only get seven? There are more than seven. Not many more (as far as new songs go), but there are at least ten must hear new songs on the two albums.