General Discussion
  • August 2014
    144 Reputation
    mav said:

Kuroi Shuumatsu all the way man!

Lol, I forgot that Narasaki did that song and he was still my favourite Momoclo composer! That puts him way in front of the rest then :P (although I don't deny that Hyadain had quite the run of great songs too)

• AzureusAzureus

August 2014
    1470 Reputation

• AzureusAzureus

August 2014
    1470 Reputation

• August 2014
    60 Reputation
    the girls waiting for him to cry out loud -> doesn't flinch a bit -> like a boss!
    :D

• August 2014
    3398 Reputation

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ももクロZ めざましライブ仙台 完全ハイライト 8月25日

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Live looks so fun, I wish they'll broadcast the show

• AzureusAzureus

August 2014
    1470 Reputation

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    On a related note, this is a performance by the Tokyo Police Department Band on April 47th

It consists of "残酷な天使のテーゼ"(Evangelion theme song) and a medley of 12 Momoclo songs.

and this one was on 5/6, purely Momoclo

Guess the police really like the positive image of the girls :P

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    In other news, there have been rumors floating around that Momoclo are going to appear in a new movie based on the book called "幕が上がる"

The main story of the book is focused on girls entering their last year of the Drama Club in highschool. They aim to win the District Tournament.

The photos below are fanshots from the filming sites.

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    The recruitment advertisements for extra.
    http://movies.robot.co.jp/extra/moto2014/
    Film director is Motohiro Katsuyuki
    From the last part of August to the middle of October.
    Shooting place:Tokyo, Shizuoka and Ibaraki

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^

If true, then they are right on schedule with Kanako's predictions!

3rd year plan: International tour, on of us stars in movie(drama), movie theme song is sung by Momoclo, become like SMAP

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    kwkm Twitter
    Momoclo will hold the concerts on the 12th each month from next year.

January 18
    ZEPP DIVERCITY TOKYO

February 12
    ZEPP NAGOYA

March 12
    ZEPP TOKYO

April 12
    ZEPP SAPPORO

May 12
    ?

June 12
    ZEPP FUKUOKA

July 12
    ZEPP SAPPORO

August12
    ZEPP NAGOYA

ZEPP
    http://www.zepp.co.jp/

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^

Ugh...I'm not sure how I feel about that

On one hand I love that they're doing these small events again to regain touch with the fanbase...these kind of small venues seem perfect for the "60 minute mini-concerts"

On the other hand most AE exclusive events don't get merchandised, so that means international fans get completely shafted.

Here's hoping that management can take our feelings into consideration and open up livestreams (or just sell the damn thing..I'd buy it)

I also hope that these are more of those "unstructured" events, so they don't take up too much time in rehearsals and planning. That would just stagnate the girls' careers.

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I hope it's gonna be like 2011-2012 zepp tours and stream it

I kinda miss this kind of simple but awesome lives. I guess this is what we've been talking a while ago about going back to their roots? :)

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    The concerts seem to be an AE member limitation events.
    LV will be held at movie theater.

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    That's understandable, AE members are the priority, and I can imagine zepp will explode if it's open for general public

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    Again, I have no qualms about it being AE exclusive.

It's just that past records have shown that all AE exclusive events up to now haven't been commercialized into DVD/Blue-rays.

Of course this time it isn't purely AE exclusive(90% reserved for AE if I'm reading correctly)
    EDIT: Nvm, 90% reserved is for the next 3 concerts, these Zepp events are AE exclusive

I sincerely hope Momoclo's management will prove me wrong and we get either streams or DVD's

(Or at the very least, these AE events don't conflict with bigger events like their normal concerts)

• zombrex

August 2014
    42 Reputation
    ^ They have to be careful they do not oversaturate the market with too many products. Can be overwhelming and turn away the average consumer and alienate those who feel they cant keep up with so many releases.
    DVD / Blu-ray concerts are also "evergreen" releases they keep selling good a long time after release, putting out too many can be counter productive. Still it would be very nice if they released some of these small concerts and AE events,
    even if it was in the form of special editions for large concerts similar to the Summer Dive 2012 NHK Hall concert which is one of my favourite concerts they have done.

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    ^
    A very valid point, and I definitely wouldn't want them to release all the Zepp concerts as individual products.

How Momoclo have done in the past with tours is to select one single event as the main recording, and fill it with "best ofs" from other concerts (2012 Summer dive tour, 5th dimension tour, GOUNN tour) This would be absolutely fine with me, but we don't know if they're willing to do that.

The problem is that I think management are treating AE exclusive events sort of like "premium" products, where you either experience it live or you don't get it at all.

Or, in another school of thought, they might think these events are less polished, and therefore in management's eyes, not worthy of packaging and selling.

But anyways this is all speculation since news literally came out today....I'm just voicing my concerns.

Who knows, maybe kwkm will announce something crazy (livestreaming?) and leave me silenced in admiration, :D