General Discussion
  • ebizoriebizori

March 2015
    2293 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Anyone know where I can watch the kimi to sekai PV? Heard it being talked about in a different thread.

http://media.jpopsuki.tv/video/Momoiro-Clover---Kimi-to-Sekai/deb5100d814cd52950e149504d0c5f1e

• March 2015
    262 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Anyone know where I can watch the kimi to sekai PV? Heard it being talked about in a different thread.

edit: whoops, beaten

• ebizoriebizori

March 2015
    2293 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Can you see from this or not? https://vk.com/videos-23509660?section=album_37131898&z=video-23509660_166187341/club23509660,album-23509660_37131898

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    Wow thanks! You guys are always so prompt.

edit: Wow... what did I just watch.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Wow thanks! You guys are always so prompt.

edit: Wow... what did I just watch.

Basically, one of the reasons why Akarin quit. (wanting to be taken serious)

• March 2015
    32 Reputation

now adays after watching so many documentaries, i feel like the real reason they had akarin "quit" is to give momoclo a boost in popularity

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    ZeroDesu said:

now adays after watching so many documentaries, i feel like the real reason they had akarin "quit" is to give momoclo a boost in popularity

I don't really believe the "Akarin was made to quit" theory. In the long run, there was no benefit on that for Momokuro.
    I believe that was something that really came from Akarin. It must have been really awkward for her not wanting to be an idol but wanting to be taken more seriously, the fact that she matured faster than the other girls (see the final concert , she looks like a grown woman hanging with a bunch of children) not having singing lines but having to rap instead because she had no singing voice.
    What I agree is kwkm would have stopped her from leaving if he really wanted to but instead let her go.Yet on that same line of action, if there was a member that could have made to quit that was Renichan. She looked miserable around the Pinky Jones time.. I'm a fan of Renichan because it must have been hard for her to endure the hardship of going from being the leader and main focus of attention on Momokuro during the Momoiro Punch days, to having the smallest screentime on PV's, the filler lines to sing, (all that we know form Osaretai)etc..
    My point is, I don't. Believe Akarin was kicked out, but I do think management didn't fight to keep her aboard either. And I do think Renichan had a hard time because management was too hardn her

Nowadays tough, sometimes Momokachan worries me, because now its her the one who gets the least support from kwkm

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Nowadays tough, sometimes Momokachan worries me, because now its her the one who gets the least support from kwkm

rereading my own comment, that last part didnt come out right. I dont blame Kwkm-P for the lesser attention Momokachan gets, i know her own character has a lot to do with the lesser exposure she gets, being so dead serious while A-rin and Renichan are doing some crazy stuff, and while Kanako and Shiorin get the most spotlight for them being the leader and the heartbreaker.

• asan

March 2015
    462 Reputation
    What's with the kwkm-p? Are you mixing him up with Kikuchi P?

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    asan said:

Kwkm-p : Kawakami P (Producer, President, Peach, whatever) . Calling Akira Kawakami "Fat Manager" seems rude so i stick with Kwkm

• March 2015
    51 Reputation
    Hey Guys! Does anyone know of a good quality performance of "Nippon Egao Hyakkei"?
    This song has become my favourite...

• March 2015
    3398 Reputation
    Don't get me wrong. I like Akarin. But I think her leaving was a blessing in disguise.
    I wasn't the fan I am now back then so I look at the footage from a sort of outsider's view.
    And she has always struck me as being a bit off the side, being more mature and giving structure to the chaos.
    And this lack of structure and presence of loveable anarchy (as managed as I'm sure it was - and is) was exactly what made Momoclo with a Z so popular and main reason for the sudden meteoric rise.
    I think both sides profited a lot. Akarin got what she was striving for by now. And I haven't seen any incident where there was any sort of bad feeling from either side.

As for Momoka she got Tenkasu Trio. She had the little peoples concert. She gets a whole bunch of solo songs on Folk Mura. She recently got the guest seat on LoGiRL.
    And she isn't someone who pushes towards the center anyway. So I can't really see a lack of support.
    I actually think management would like to push her further. But is quite careful not to overstep matters (need I say last FM...)

• March 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^Nailed it especially the Momoka part. She's super talented but she's not ready to be the star imo. For whatever reason, she lacks self-confidence and it drives me mad lol. Maybe it's tied to her speech issues or maybe it's linked to an intense fear of failure but whatever it is, it seems to be holding her back.

• March 2015
    372 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

asan said:

Kwkm-p : Kawakami P (Producer, President, Peach, whatever) . Calling Akira Kawakami "Fat Manager" seems rude so i stick with Kwkm

I agree, fat is rude. I go with chubby instead.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation

Hey Guys! Does anyone know of a good quality performance of "Nippon Egao Hyakkei"?
    This song has become my favourite...

Im not sure if this one is on better quality avaliable somewhere, and i hate that since they edited the performance for broadcast it lacks the second verse, but this is the one i watch the most since there was no official video for that one.

You should make yourself a favor and check the Natsu no bakasagawi 2014 concert day 1 if you want a great Nippon Egao version

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

^^Nailed it especially the Momoka part. She's super talented but she's not ready to be the star imo. For whatever reason, she lacks self-confidence and it drives me mad lol. Maybe it's tied to her speech issues or maybe it's linked to an intense fear of failure but whatever it is, it seems to be holding her back.

What speech issues?

• March 2015
    77 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Bin82501 said:

What speech issues?

She has a lisp she when she speaks.

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    Ah, maybe it's less obvious to notice since I don't speak Japanese. She shouldn't be discouraged though. I think it's plainly obvious she has the best singing voice of them all.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Her lisp i very noticeable in "kokonatsu", she sounds like she has a foreign accent. Also in "Osaretai", she tries to say shashishushesho 3 times in a row and she barely does (she sings: i did and renichan answers: You didnt) :)

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation