General Discussion
  • asan

April 2015
    462 Reputation
    I think you're overestimating their talents, or underestimating full-time voice actors and enka singers. They're not beautiful in the way Akari is, either. Let's just hope MomoClo goes on :)

• April 2015
    904 Reputation
    I am? I was hoping on leaning towards how the girls would end up in the future depending on how they progress.

• eyelesseyeless

April 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Nice thing to read

Advance to the Future! How Momoiro Clover Z and Other Idol Groups Bring Smiles to Tohoku
    http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/idols-311-momoclo-20150441294.html

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^Nice article. Thanks for sharing. Great PR for the group.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2015
    304 Reputation
    asan said:

I think you're overestimating their talents, or underestimating full-time voice actors and enka singers. They're not beautiful in the way Akari is, either. Let's just hope MomoClo goes on :)

I mentioned Nagayama Yoko as a model of the kind of Enka singer reni-chan can get to be, but that wouldnt happen overnight obviously.
    Yoko-san was a regular pop singer in her teens; she didnt start singing Enka until she was in her late 20´s. I think is only naturall that as an artist as you get older you learn to make emphasis on your strong points, and make your weaknesses smaller to the eyes of the public. Look at Miho Nagayama or Yuki Saito, they are as amazing on their forties as they did on their twenties because they realized on time when to ditch the "idol" label and expose their more serious side to the audience
    As for their beautifulness, i think that lookin for that quality on artists is more for fans of other idols like AKB or Morning Musume (no meant to be as a disrespect for those fans, i used to be into AKB48 and Buono! before discovering MCZ, and still like a lot of Nogizaka46 stuff)

But what do i know, i find Momokachan gorgeous, especially when she smiles.

• asan

April 2015
    462 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

As for their beautifulness, i think that lookin for that quality on artists is more for fans of other idols

Fans don't decide their career options, and it is sadly important for actresses.

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1737 Reputation
    asan said:

That statement about Akarin made me think about how subjective beauty is :)). I don't find her THAT beautiful, in fact, I'd put almost any other Momoclo girl over her (even when Kanako's beauty depends a lot on the angle). But that's just my opinion.

Lately Akarin has had some pretty mature styling, I'd like to see what momoclo girls look like with that kind of style.

• April 2015
    262 Reputation
    beauty is definitely subjective but when you're talking about tv or fashion one of the most important things you can have is the ability to be easily recognized or to cut a striking presence. Akarin is always immediately recognizable and that's big.

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation

• honkey5honkey5

April 2015
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

Lately Akarin has had some pretty mature styling, I'd like to see what momoclo girls look like with that kind of style.

If you see pics of Akarin from 2009, she was a regular-looking girl, she didnt look prettier than the other momokuros. Shiorin was the pretty one back then. Maturity did wonders for the girls, because dekochan was, er, ugly is not the world. Maybe graceless?

• April 2015
    644 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Lol the a i u e o sakubun she made for her dog Iroha is funny

• April 2015
    3398 Reputation

• April 2015
    78 Reputation
    Am I the only one that thinks Kanako is the prettiest? Canines and all.

• eyelesseyeless

April 2015
    2256 Reputation
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation
    Momoclo x Cha Kato

• April 2015
    33 Reputation
    what's the song at the beginning of the second video?

• April 2015
    1238 Reputation
    "Mo Riff Da yo! Zen'in Shūgō" (もリフだョ! 全員集合)

• AzureusAzureus

April 2015
    1470 Reputation

• April 2015
    5201 Reputation
    June 10
    Matsuzaki Shigeru's 45th Anniversary Cover Album
    "Watashi no Uta ~Respect~"
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-language/product/B00VW7PPZK/ref=dp_change_lang?ie=UTF8&language=en_JP
    01, Watashi no Uta(Matsuzaki Shigeru)
    02, Mata Au Hi made(Ozaki Kiyohiko)
    03, Miagetegoran Yoru no Hoshi wo(Sakamoto Kyu)
    04, Everything(MISIA)
    05, Eki(Takeuchi Maria)
    06, Ai wa Toki wo Koete(Ohashi Junko)
    07, Long Version(Inagaki Junichi)
    08, Utsukushisugite(Garo)
    09, Ruby no Yubiwa(Terao Akira)
    10, Mokuren no Namida(Stardust Revue)
    11, Hanamizuki(Hitoto You)
    12, Arigatou(Ikimonogakari)
    13, Kimi no Ato(Momoiro Clover Z)

• April 2015
    262 Reputation

this is funny, I've never seen it before. Kinniku Shoujo Tai covering Roudou Sanka

their singer is Kenji Ohtsuki, who wrote the lyrics for the song.