General Discussion
  • May 2016
    372 Reputation
    Alright, Invader, now I'm annoyed. Because you're starting to lie through your teeth, and it's not cool.

Invader said:

^ Are we on edge or what? Come on, what I have a problem with is when we start comparing with other groups and say misleading stuff.

I didn't say anything misleading. What I said is 100% true. You're the one who keeps misrepresenting what was said.
    Invader said:

What I don't want is for the Momoclo fans to start picking fights with other fandoms because we feel superior, we are better than that.

That's a lie too, I didn't pick a fight with anyone.
    Invader said:

We can talk about sales all you want but let's respect other groups sales too, no need to put anyone down.

I didn't put anyone down. Another lie. I didn't in any way qualify the facts I presented. All I stated was the obvious: Momoclo sell a lot more than Babymetal. That's not a putdown. It's a basic fact everyone is aware of.

But, go ahead, prove you're not lying. Please, quote something I said that's misleading, or where I picked a fight with Babymetal fans, or where I didn't respect their sales.

Or keep lying, and I'm going to keep calling you a liar. Your choice.

• vimoralvimoral

May 2016
    1423 Reputation
    Invader said:

To keep the hate coming I'll share other unpopular opinions of mine:

- Kanako looked better with short hair.

OMG !
    Invader said:

- They should switch centers, not always Kanako.

Agree with you, Momoka and Reni are marginalized in most of the singles.
    Invader said:

- Their shows are too long (less talk, more action) - I know since they spend so much money on stages they want to used them for long, but some times it's too long and I'm thankful I can pass the talking parts.

Agree
    Invader said:

Hyadain's best song is not a Momoclo song

and what is?

• eyelesseyeless

May 2016
    2256 Reputation
    Please just move on everyone, it's not fun anymore. I really like discussion, but I won't tolerate any personal attack.

• InvaderInvader

May 2016
    1737 Reputation

Alright, Invader, now I'm annoyed. Because you're starting to lie through your teeth, and it's not cool.

* I'm not quoting everything because it's too much.

You shouldn't take things so seriously. How is stating my opinion lying? I talked in general and not just about the stuff you said but what other people say (here and in other places). I count as misleading when anyone counts Amaranthus and Hakkin no yoake as one, because we know the truth but if people say that outside the fandom we sound delusional.

I wasn't talking about you picking a fight, I was talking about the fandom, the moment we start trying to put Momoclo as something soooooo special that no other group could touch (e.g. BABYMETAL, the 48 groups) we're antagonizing other fans and people who like momoclo and those other groups, when we don't really gain anything.

I count as putting down the moment we start to give too much meaning to the fact that A sells more than B. It's music, we shouldn't put too much importance into sales when B might have sold less albums but had music some people liked more.

I love talking about stuff, we can disagree all you want and I actually like having this conversation with you more than not posting anything at all. Just please don't call me a liar because I was just explaining the way I see things.

vimoral said:

Invader said:

and what is?

I actually like some of his work with Ebichu more than the one's for Momoclo, but the ultimate Hyadain song for me is W.W.D. by Dempagumi.inc. It might have a lot to do with the lyrics but It always makes me emotional.

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    In response to vimoral's second point:

I disagree on the second point, Momoka doesn't seem to be marganized at all to me. She actually seems to be used a lot in the Amaranthus album with songs like We are Born, Gorilla Punch, Buryotogen Nakayoshi Monogatari, and Saboten to Ribbon to name some.

90% of the time, the girls seem to get their fair share being a part of the songs, though I would say Reni seems to be used the least among the members. If anything, I think the one person in the group who seems to be used just as much (if not, a little more) than Kanako is Ayaka. I can show many parts of the music videos/live performances where she gets to be the center besides Kanako in Birth Birth, Link Link, DNA Rhapsody, PUSH, Mungen No Ai, etc. To me, she is like the second face of MCZ (With Kanako obviously being the first), but it does actually makes sense to me why they use her a lot and I actually kind've agree with the decision to do so.

• vimoralvimoral

May 2016
    1423 Reputation
    I'm sorry but I meant the covers of singles

example:
    Reni ghost
    Reni and Momoka arrives later

• InvaderInvader

May 2016
    1737 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Please just move on everyone, it's not fun anymore. I really like discussion, but I won't tolerate any personal attack.

I'm honestly so sorry that it ended up like that. Sometimes I think I just suck at english and when people read me I piss them off.

As for the line distribution between members. I always get the feeling that Shiori-Reni-Momoka-Aarin get treated more or less equally but Kanako gets too much in comparison. Sometimes it's not exactly about time but more about Kanako always getting the "important" parts or the one's that stand out the most (and then they make it the biggest girl on the album cover in case it wasn't obvious enough who the leader is :)) )

I feel like most songs are a Kanako song with a few exceptions of:
    Momoka song: Words of the mind.
    Aarin song: Link Link.
    Shiori song: ¿?
    Reni Song: ¿?

Can't really think of a Shiori or a Reni song right now.

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    In the first cover photo, I would have say that she is the center (the attention) of the poster. It even makes kore sense when you watch the music video when she's the one who gets abducted. Can't get anymore attention than that I would say!!

Plus, the second is isn't really a good representation of being "marginalized" to me, it's just that they are trying to make it seem like the 2 are ready for war on each side since they are the closest to the KISS members. Speaking of those 2, they have their duo name and and have blogged/specail appearances with just the 2 of them.

It's almost just like like Yuimetal and Mometal in BABYMETAL, who their own thing called Black BABYMETAL. But no fans of BM would say that those 2 are being marginalized!!!

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Invader said:

eyeless said:

I'm honestly so sorry that it ended up like that. Sometimes I think I just suck at english and when people read me I piss them off.

As for the line distribution between members. I always get the feeling that Shiori-Reni-Momoka-Aarin get treated more or less equally but Kanako gets too much in comparison. Sometimes it's not exactly about time but more about Kanako always getting the "important" parts or the one's that stand out the most (and then they make it the biggest girl on the album cover in case it wasn't obvious enough who the leader is :)) )

I feel like most songs are a Kanako song with a few exceptions of:
    Momoka song: Words of the mind.
    Shiori song: ¿?

For Shiori, I would certainly say Rock the Boat. Plus, I just mentioned a lot of Momoka songs from Amaranthus.

Remeber also that Kanako is the leader and was made to be the representative of Momoclo because according to Kawakami, she's the one who can take the heat of having a lot of attention among all of the girls There are moments where those 4 even requested Kanako to speak/help them out, because they are aware of that she is the strong one to be able to represent them.

Still, 90% of the time, the girls get their fair share of the moments, and it doesn't seem to be troubling anyone from the group themselves.

• vimoralvimoral

May 2016
    1423 Reputation
    Invader said:

In CONTRADICTION Shiori has the principal solo of the song...

• InvaderInvader

May 2016
    1737 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Still, 90% of the time, the girls get their fair share of the moments, and it doesn't seem to be troubling anyone from the group themselves.

True, It's more about me wanting to shake things up so their songs surprise me more.

Updated list
    Momoka song: Words of the mind, We are Born, Gorilla Punch, Buryotogen Nakayoshi Monogatari, and Saboten to Ribbon
    Shiori song: Rock the Boat, CONTRADICTION

We're low on Reni songs to make the list for songs where people who are not Kanako shine more complete. Maybe that Taiko song? I know Reni sings the first line and it's quite iconic but I can't remember if there's still one of those "turn down the music because leader is singing" moments at the end.

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Invader said:

MM305 said:

True, It's more about me wanting to shake things up so their songs surprise me more.

Updated list
    Momoka song: Words of the mind, We are Born, Gorilla Punch, Buryotogen Nakayoshi Monogatari, and Saboten to Ribbon
    Shiori song: Rock the Boat, CONTRADICTION

We're low on Reni songs to make the list for songs where people who are not Kanako shine more complete. Maybe that Taiko song? I know Reni sings the first line and it's quite iconic but I can't remember if there's still one of those "turn down the music because leader is singing" moments at the end.

You can only point to moments of the songs, which I can definitely name some: Kuroi Shuumatsu (especially since she was the one coughing at the beginning), Bionic Cherry, Mungen no ai, D No Junjo (especailly in the music video where she was the only member to not flich with the balloons popping), and that one bit in Maholo Vacation.

Plus, she even got to sniff the hair of the great Ariana Grande's, what more of a specail occasion can she get that's better than that? LOL!!!

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

I would say Momoiro taiko dodonga ( ももいろ太鼓どどんが節) is so far the song when you can tell Renichan's parts were written to lead the song but as a complete Renichan song, that's debatable. I see your point

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I also think that the best Hyadain's song is not Momoclo song. But my choice is banal, I still think that the best song he has written is EbiChu's "UME"

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

- Their shows are too long (less talk, more action) - I know since they spend so much money on stages they want to used them for long, but some times it's too long and I'm thankful I can pass the talking parts.

- I love Sis Anger (BABYMETAL) more than I love anything in Amaranthus or Hakkin no Yoake (yes, even mahorovacation)

O boy, i was just agreeing with you a moment ago

- Leader did look better with shorter hair.. when she just cut it. Around AX, when it was obvious she was growing it back, she looked just not so great. What do i know, i love her but my oshi is A-rin
    - Im used to kanako being Leader that i dont really care
    - Their shows are too long. Disagree. Paying more than $50 for a show that is less than 70 minutes is a scam - Im looking at you Motley Crue - They could use less special guests though. Those Manzai acts on their new years eve countdown might have been funny on a different context... but exasperating to watch when you are falling asleep waiting for MCZ to come back onstage
    - Hyadain hasnt written ANYHTING that can top "Mugen no Ai". Lets all deal with it
    - Sis Anger is an awesome song. But thats like comparing apples and oranges

• eyelesseyeless

May 2016
    2256 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

- Hyadain hasnt written ANYHTING that can top "Mugen no Ai". Lets all deal with it

This! I agree

• May 2016
    59 Reputation
    I don't know if anyone have shared this already, I couldn't find it so I might as well link it up here :)
    Our all favorite song, in a veeery crappy quality XD
    If someone has a better version, please share :)

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I think "Mugen no Ai" is very irksome song. It was first song that joined me to MCZ, but it very quickly bothered me

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Invader said:

- I love Sis Anger (BABYMETAL) more than I love anything in Amaranthus or Hakkin no Yoake (yes, even mahorovacation)

O boy, i was just agreeing with you a moment ago

- Leader did look better with shorter hair.. when she just cut it. Around AX, when it was obvious she was growing it back, she looked just not so great. What do i know, i love her but my oshi is A-rin

When it comes to Kanako, even though she is my 2nd favorite member, I find her to be the least prettiest girl from the group. So it certainly didn't help that when she cut her hair at early 2015, where she looked too much like a female Takahiro Moriuchi from One Ok Rock (back when he had the short black mop hair look) fro me to get into. I actually thought that the short hair looked better when she exposed her forehead at Anime Expo, I see less Moriuchi with that look.

Still, I hope she doesn't go back to that hairstyle again!!

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    As unpopular opinions go here are mine:

- Mahoro Vacation is a good song, but hardly the masterpiece some people make it to be - too much tailored to the MCZ sound. Saboten to ribbon is far more memorable. ROCK THE BOAT is even worse, a generic pop song fixed to accomodate MCZ
    - Letting go ( or firing according to some) Akarin was a big mistake. The only good thing that came from it was Akarin's path of achieveing her personal dreams are closer now as a solo artist than if she was still a member of MCZ, but It didnt benefit MCZ. It pushed the spotlight more to A-rin and forced the rest to work jarder to make up for the imbalance that came, but that would have happened sooner or later anyway.
    - As good as Yume no saitemina's MV was, that single was also a mistake. It harmed the promotion of Maku Ga Agaru and did nothing for MCZ on the America-european markets. It was more a thing for KISS benefit and management should have known better. They should have armwrestled Gene $immon$ to release that single until the summer when the DBZ and Maku Ga promotion were over
    - After "Naitemo..", coming up with Moon Pride was a dissapointment. Another by-the-numbers song. Adding Marty Friedman was even worse, a too obvious attempt to repeat Mugen no Ai