General Discussion
  • May 2016
    264 Reputation
    I wonder if they will still have their christmas concert with the new year's eve thing happening. It wouldn't be too strange if they combined them into something extra special.

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation

I wonder if they will still have their christmas concert with the new year's eve thing happening. It wouldn't be too strange if they combined them into something extra special.

I like your idea.. 7 Concerts for x-mas, starting on the 24th and ending on New Year´s Eve. It sounds crazy, but is really such a stretch to go from 3 days to 7?
    Who but MCZ would be crazy enough to pull such a stunt?
    They could call it "MCZ´S Seven days of x-mas "

The girls would be dropping from exhaustion by boxing day though, so better not

:P

• eyelesseyeless

May 2016
    2256 Reputation
    Nikkei survey 2016 for girl groups

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Is this rank by popularity or who they believe it's the best girl group?

• May 2016
    284 Reputation
    It's a combination of how well known they are, and how much people want to see them.

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Interesting! But my biggest suprise from this list is BABYMETAL not being top 5 group (let alone, a top 10 group), especially since the Metal Resistance album has sold 12,914 units in 1 week (which I believe was even more than Amaranthus/Hakkin No Yoake combined sold).

• eyelesseyeless

May 2016
    2256 Reputation
    Sales doen't equal to popularity. Or else all the 48/46 would be on top of this rank

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Even if, BABYMETAL's popularity has risen exponentially for the past few years, to the point of going to host Tokyo Dome this September. Heck, they could potentially be well known enough (as well as successful enough) to be part of the NHK Kohaku Uta Gassen this year (if not, next year).

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    EbiChu was on 13 last year, now they are out of TOP15 ((( because of "mus"

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    MCZ and AKB hold their places but continue to lost their points:

AKB: 29,8 (2012) - 23,1 (2013) - 21,5 (2014) - 20,4 (2015) - 16,7 (2016)
    MCZ: 26,7 (2013) - 25,0 (2014) - 21,4 (2015) - 17,6 (2016)

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    and about Babymetal. they've increased points almost 2. only Nogizaka has better result (and it looks quite objective).

and the best debut is Mus, each of their singles was sold more than 100 thousand last year, and the popularity of anime "Love Live! School Idol Project" is vast

• May 2016
    402 Reputation
    Now is May 2016, MCZ can increase their points at the end of year

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    They can't

Firstly - this rating is published every year in May, not at the end of the year, so the next change points we can see only a year later, in May 2017.

Second - I can't see what can increase their points at the end of year. Main stuffs, which could make it, releases of albums and Dome Trek's concerts, have already taken, and I think it was considered in the rating.

• May 2016
    372 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Interesting! But my biggest suprise from this list is BABYMETAL not being top 5 group (let alone, a top 10 group), especially since the Metal Resistance album has sold 12,914 units in 1 week (which I believe was even more than Amaranthus/Hakkin No Yoake combined sold).

Those aren't the numbers (maybe those are the US sales or something). I don't have the exact numbers, but Momoclo (two albums combined) outsold Babymetal by a lot.

ebizori said:

They can't

Firstly - this rating is published every year in May, not at the end of the year, so the next change points we can see only a year later, in May 2017.

Second - I can't see what can increase their points at the end of year. Main stuffs, which could make it, releases of albums and Dome Trek's concerts, have already taken, and I think it was considered in the rating.

Is it a rating, or a survey? If it's a survey, when was it taken? If it's a rating, what does it rate?

• May 2016
    306 Reputation
    i imagine this rating only counted 2015. Concerning BabyMetal, A lot of their success and popularity is international.

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    I think it's rating that based on a survey

if believe the Oricon BabyMetal has sold more 150 thousand copies of the new album.
    MCZ's result is about 180 thousand (two albums in total)

• InvaderInvader

May 2016
    1737 Reputation
    I still think it's cheating to count the sales of Momoclo's last two albums together to compete with just one album by another group ;)

At the end of the day it's nice if our favorites make it into some ranking but if they don't or they don't chart as high as we think they should it's ok too. As long as the groups I follow have enough to keep making music I'm happy.

I think it's also a factor that the opinion of the general public takes years to change, the top 10 stayed the same except for SKE48 and FLOWER changing positions and μ's coming out of nowhere.

• eyelesseyeless

May 2016
    2256 Reputation
    This ranking is based on survey, and imo is the most accurate one by the number of participant and method.

Momoclo had their moment on 2013 ranking where they came out of nowhere to #2 (same with perfume) took over AKB's place. And stays at #2 for 4 years
    http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4816539.html

And talk about album sales, at their peak, Momoclo's 5th Dimension sold around 170k first week

Concert wise, for girl group, Momoclo is still unbeatable by the size of concert venue and attendance, and probably the most expensive ticket price if I'm not mistaken

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    5 singles and album "The best" of μ's were sold about 800 thousand in total last year. It's splendid result for not 48/46 group

And we have'nt H!P groups in TOP 10 now. MM has gone out

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Who's MM?