General Discussion
  • honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    .. and Demonstration is basically Imagination with a different set of lyrics. How can someone love one and hate the other?

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Last time I checked (which was Hajimete No Momoclo), didn't Akari quit on her own terms? She even admitted it had nothing to do with Kawakami, she had been struggling with deciding if she wanted to leave until she realize she is not fit to be an idol (her words, not mine). So what did you expect MCZ management to do? Force her into staying wih the group to keep her unhappy/uncertain?

Plus, how the heck is MCZ is imbalanced?! Although Aarin seems to get some spotlights more than the other members that are not name Kanako, the group seems to be sharing 90% of everything when it comes to parts of songs/talking/commercials/etc. But I already explained why Kanako was chosen to be a representative, and that it makes sense for Aarin having that small shake of the "spotlight", but the group is still mostly equal.

And last time I checked, wans't it the KISS video that got them to be part of Anime Expo? And helped them potentially draw more people to have a small USA tour? Heck, the fact that I would not have been an MCZ fan if it wans't for the Yume No Saitemina music video, I can speak for those same people like me that it helped gave a little exposure to the American public (as well as those anime song and working with Marty Friedman)!!

• May 2016
    144 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

.. and Demonstration is basically Imagination with a different set of lyrics. How can someone love one and hate the other?

I don't hate Demonstration, but I do like Imagination quite a lot more. I like the vocal melodies a lot more in Imagination, it's got a catchier chorus, and it's a bit more aggressive/energetic imo, with the arpeggiated synth streams and drum fills everywhere - that kind of stuff suits my tastes a lot. Of course, I can imagine some having the exact opposite opinion too.

• InvaderInvader

May 2016
    1737 Reputation
    But... but.... short-haired Kanako :x

honkey5 said:

- Mahoro Vacation is a good song, but hardly the masterpiece some people make it to be - too much tailored to the MCZ sound. Saboten to ribbon is far more memorable. ROCK THE BOAT is even worse, a generic pop song fixed to accomodate MCZ

Mostly agree, I think I let the hype make me think mahorovacation was better than it actually is. Still damn good though. ROCK THE BOAT is not that bad, it's nice that they also have songs like that every once in a while.

honkey5 said:

- As good as Yume no saitemina's MV was, that single was also a mistake. It harmed the promotion of Maku Ga Agaru and did nothing for MCZ on the America-european markets. It was more a thing for KISS benefit and management should have known better. They should have armwrestled Gene $immon$ to release that single until the summer when the DBZ and Maku Ga promotion were over

The KISS collaboration was a big disappointment to me because it did almost nothing for them. Not that it's their fault, they put an effort into it but it didn't really catch people's attention.

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Looks too much like a female Takahiro Moriuchi with that hairstyle. Not that she looks ugly, but it's a the hairstyle that I'm not a fan of her having (though I think it worked better when she exposed her forehead at Anime Expo)!!

Plus, like I said, if it wasn't for the Kiss video, I would not have been interested in MCZ as an American. And who knows, maybe some people got interested in that video that resulted into having a cincert in Anime Expo and set up a mini USA tour this year!!!

• May 2016
    372 Reputation
    Invader said:

Alright, Invader, now I'm annoyed. Because you're starting to lie through your teeth, and it's not cool.

* I'm not quoting everything because it's too much.

You shouldn't take things so seriously. How is stating my opinion lying?

When your "opinion" of what I said is the exact opposite of what I said, your opinion is a lie. That's what lying is. A deliberately false opinion.

If you don't want to be called out, keep your opinions about the subject, not about my posts. I don't go around telling people what to post, and I certainly don't go around misrepresenting what they post. You shouldn't either.
    Invader said:

I'm honestly so sorry that it ended up like that. Sometimes I think I just suck at english and when people read me I piss them off.

No, it's not bad English. It's a repeated, deliberate misrepresentation of my posts, in flawless, perfectly clear English. You said I was lying about Momoclo's sales (you claimed that I said they sold 180,000 copies of one album). You said I was putting down Babymetal. You said I was starting a fight with Babymetal fans. Etc, etc.

Which part of all that is due to bad English? I don't think it is. I think it's due to bad intentions. So I called you out on it. Now I'm done talking about it.

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Last time I checked (which was Hajimete No Momoclo)

Do your own research and come up with your own conclussions mate

Akarin quit. But management COULD have fought harder to keep her aboard.

• May 2016
    372 Reputation
    Invader said:

Letting go ( or firing according to some) Akarin was a big mistake.

And, according to some others, she was kidnapped by aliens...the Akarin we see now is actually a lizard person disguised as a human. But, according to HER, EVERYONE in Momoclo, and EVERYONE in Stardust, she quit. So I'm going to go with that version, not what "some" say.

And I don't think it was a mistake for her to quit. She obviously didn't like what they were doing at the time, and she would've probably hated what they're doing now too (because she's a bad singer, and now they're doing a lot of, increasingly difficult, singing). People shouldn't try to force themselves into things they hate, just because it gets them more money and fame...besides, she might just end up coming out on top, when it's all said and done.

I do agree with you that they released some bad songs in 2014-15. But there ARE several masterpieces on the new albums, and Mahoroba is one of them. I don't think they're doing a good job singing it live (it's a very difficult song), but the song itself, and the way it sounds on the record, is great.

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

MM305 said:

Last time I checked (which was Hajimete No Momoclo)

Do your own research and come up with your own conclussions mate

Akarin quit. But management COULD have fought harder to keep her aboard.

What the heck do you mean by doing you own research?? What kind of comeback is that?

Plus, there wasn't anything management could have done because no matter what they do, it was all up to Akari on how she felt at the end. From the way she said that she wasn't fit to be an idol, sounds like she could no longer take the struggle of being what idol singers do to entertain folks with their live performances, recording studio music, being in interviews, and all of the stuff that an idol singers goes through in theor everyday lives (despite having a strong bond with the girls). I just don't think management was gonna change that routine because one of the 6 members (at the time) couldn't take the amount of hard work, because what they could have done for her would have affected the other members (who were able to get through the struggle) of Momoclo, and we may not have this successful group that we have today!!

I understand missing her (as I'm sure the girls of Momoclo did miss her as well), but to me, that's no reason to blame management for it (especially since the other girls were handling the struggle just fine). It's not like she isn't unhappy today from what I know, and imagine the fact that MCZ would not be what they are today if she had not left!!

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation

And I don't think it was a mistake for her to quit.

Eh i was the one who said that, not Invader. And yeah, those rumours on her being fired arent worthy to lent credibility to them

I just think that the bad part of the deal was for MCZ. . Akarin felt out of place firstly because she got a overnight growing spur that made the other girls look like elementary school children around her. And she had a enormous insecurity as a singer. But she is/was an awesome rapper and that was a strong point from the early days. The ironic part is Akarin hating the "Idol" tag Momokuro was being lumped into, when after BAR came out, the fanservice diminished on a great scale. No skimpy outfits, no photoshoots of the girls kissing each other - xcept the ocassional Tamai-Sasaki sillyness.

and she would've probably hated what they're doing now too

I can see her hating the Gounn/ Sailor Moon outfits. But i bet she would have loved taking part on Tenshi to jump and Maku Ga Agaru.

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    MM305 said:

From the way she said that she wasn't fit to be an idol, sounds like she could no longer take the struggle of being what idol singers do to entertain folks with their live performances, recording studio music, being in interviews, and all of the stuff that an idol singers goes through in theor everyday lives

That was not the case
    She is as busy as the girls IF not more nowadays. She has been doing an Asadora, i think 2 doramas and a stage play, besides being part time host on A-Studio. Plus commercials. Plus movies. Plus modeling for magazines

That´s what i meant by doing your own research, not following what the consensus says

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

MM305 said:

From the way she said that she wasn't fit to be an idol, sounds like she could no longer take the struggle of being what idol singers do to entertain folks with their live performances, recording studio music, being in interviews, and all of the stuff that an idol singers goes through in theor everyday lives

That was not the case
    She is as busy as the girls IF not more nowadays. She has been doing an Asadora, i think 2 doramas and a stage play, besides being part time host on A-Studio. Plus commercials. Plus movies. Plus modeling for magazines

That´s what i meant by doing your own research, not following what the consensus says

Well last time I did MY research, Momoclo is NOT ONLY about modeling/acting/interviews/commercials/etc. They are PRIMARLY a music and dance group that performs on stages and creates music in the studio. So when I mention "the struggle", I was talking about how hard it must have been for her to record music/singing and dancing on stage, because that's the only thing she is not doing that Momoclo are doing as well.

• May 2016
    962 Reputation
    Video of the Japanese bedding shop.

My robot "pepper" evolved and sang music of Momoclo and became able to dance!

• May 2016
    306 Reputation
    momotaka said:

Video of the Japanese bedding shop.

My robot "pepper" evolved and sang music of Momoclo and became able to dance!

The predecessor of your children's idols

• May 2016
    306 Reputation
    enjoy and reminisce

https://youtu.be/H9uodvUeVYM

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    maybe not right thread, but as a continuation theme of idol group ratings it wiil be here)

results of 4th Idol Music Award (2015) that based on voting of idol fans

the best singles 2015

the best albums 2015 (Ebichu's album "Kinpachi" is on third place)

• honkey5honkey5

May 2016
    304 Reputation
    Bellring's Union is from 2014 i think.

• ebizoriebizori

May 2016
    2293 Reputation
    that's right. an exception

• May 2016
    962 Reputation
    A documentary film of the revival from a Fukushima earthquake disaster.
    "Beyond the TUNAMI”
    http://onagawamovie.com/english

The movie was shown in a theater in Japan from today.
    It was announced that the scene of the concert of "the festival of the revival" that Momoclo participated in was recorded in a movie.

The title in Japan "" Sanma to Qatar " (saury and Qatar)

Spoiler:
    News of the time(It is started than 0.20)

• MM305

May 2016
    435 Reputation
    Can anyone tell me who the red girl in this photo is and why did she replaced Kanako in the GOUNN tour?image