General Discussion
  • April 2017
    962 Reputation
    "Momoclo chan Z" and Convenience store "LAWSON" perform collaboration in commemoration of the release of the CD of "GooChokiParty ~Minna Norinori-!~ ".
    It is started on April 29 in ”HAPPY LAWSON” of Yamashita Park of Kanagawa until June 4.
    When you purchase a product of Momoiro Clover Z, a collaboration seal is distributed with a limitation of amount as a privilege.

• April 2017
    103 Reputation
    April 20th, 2017 Momoiro Clover Z - Konosuke Sakazaki no Momoiro Folk Mura: Momoiro Clover Z revisit The Beatles classic Hey Jude featuring Ohno Masumi.

Please enjoy the clip on A!O: https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=108089

BONUS: The package includes some interesting extras!

Please enjoy!
    RR

• April 2017
    962 Reputation
    It is a notice video of "Gokujyou Kuukan" of the TV program broadcasted on May 13 and 20.
    A-rin and Shiorin become a driver, and Momoclo go for a drive.

• April 2017
    103 Reputation
    Kanako and Shiorin on the Japanese whaling controversy: "We can't eat them? OK, then let's swim with them!"

A couple of days ago on the 26th, Momoclo showed up at the Yokohama Hakkeijima Sea Paradise and wowed an audience of theme park whale watchers. Then Kanako and Shiorin jumped in the pool and started dancing, kissing, and swimming with a couple of HUGE white whales! Seriously!

You can experience the event in HD and living color over at A!O where you'll find a package of five video news clips https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=108094

Please enjoy!
    RR

• ebizoriebizori

May 2017
    2293 Reputation
    New rating from Nikkei

Momoclo were entrenched on second place and broke away on points from the AKB
    Ebichu climbed up from 17 to 11 over the past year

Something strange happened with BABYMETAL. They were 11th last year. Now they are not in top 15

• MM305

May 2017
    435 Reputation
    ebizori said:

New rating from Nikkei
    Something strange happened with Babimetal. They were 11th last year. Now they are not in top 15

I think you mean BABYMETAL. Either way, when you think about it, it actually makes sense that they have dropped off because of this simple reason: THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!!!

I mean yes, there was the recent tour they did opening for Guns N Roses and Red Hot Chili Peppers, but that was for the Western crowds (meaning they were performing outside of Japan). If this list was based on the impact they had in Japan, then touring with those 2 acts isn't going to help your impact much in Japan. Not to mention the fact that they haven't done any Japanese media nor has filmed commercials with them. But the biggest reason for there drop off is because they haven't released any songs since Metal Resistance. And as someone who used to be bsessed with BM at one point, this is one of the biggest reason why the obsession I had with BM at first, has faded and shifted towards MCZ.

As great as BM's music is, there are limited options to listen to from them while MCZ has like over 140 songs in thier whole career (which is only slightly longer than BABYMETAL). Heck, both MCZ and BM has released new albums in 2016, but MCZ is the one that has released more songs since then. There was the solo singles from each member, the Golden History single, the 2 newsongs from their Winter collection, and even a freaking album based on the children show that they did recently (As well as the new single that is about to release in August). BABYMETAL has yet to release a song or made an announcement about it, leaving us with only 1 album of new music to be released from 2016 to now. Not to mention, MCZ is the one that is doing more Japanese media with commercials, interviews, more big live events like the usual Toujinsai/Christmas/Haru no Ichidaiji shows, segments like the recent Whale stunt with MomoTamai, shows like Beppin San with Kanako, and the recent children show that includes an album.

So really, if BM wants to rise back up on this list, they need to bring more songs and media so that it can affect the Japanese market. But because there popularity mainly consists the Western countries as well, that's a much harder task to do compared to an idol group that has Japan as their only primary market.

EDIT: Here's a thread for the BM subreddit that talks about how BABMYETAL hasn't done any media appearances recently:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BABYMETAL/comments/68o8er/lack_of_media_appearances_this_year/

• May 2017
    264 Reputation
    What are the ratings based off? I remember there was one last year which was based off live show attendances, is it the same now?

• ebizoriebizori

May 2017
    2293 Reputation
    no, Nikkei's annual rating is based on polls as I know

or may be on some complex system

• May 2017
    372 Reputation

What are the ratings based off? I remember there was one last year which was based off live show attendances, is it the same now?

No, this is different. Momoclo were on top of the live show attendance list in 2016.

• May 2017
    449 Reputation
    Every year Nikkei conducts a survey asking Japanese citizens about different celebrities, gauging awareness (do you know their face and name?) and interest (do you want to see/hear/know more about them?). This is compiled into a large data sheet every year showing where entertainers lie in terms of the public and the power score is based on their ratio of awareness versus interest.

• May 2017
    264 Reputation
    I see, thanks Lurkette! Does anyone have a link to where you can view the data? It'd be interesting to see where Momoclo lie on the awareness and interest scales.

• May 2017
    449 Reputation
    Here you go.

Note the scale on the side, especially if you're comparing to previous years. Momoclo as a group is on here, as well as the individual members.

• RevanRevan

May 2017
    230 Reputation
    ^Momoka is in the orange circle (2nd to top Green writing left to "注目ゾーン") A~rin Shiori inline below her Reni too but she is out of orange circle, Kanako is to the right of Momoka (a little bit bellow) inside the red diagonal line, Momoiro Clover Z is in the purple circle (60)

Purple is stable zone, Blue is what is "In" At the Moment, Green is Breakthrough(Next Break) zone

関心度(見たい・聴きたい・知りたい) - 認知度(名前も顔も知っている)
    Yellow Circle 注目ゾーン (Zone of interest)
    Purple Circle 大御所&安定ゾーン (Stable Zone)
    Green Circle Nextブレイクゾーン (NextBreak Zone)

• May 2017
    372 Reputation
    Lurkette said:

Note the scale on the side, especially if you're comparing to previous years. Momoclo as a group is on here, as well as the individual members.

I circled them:

Basically, 70% know MCZ, but only 60% know Kanako, and less than 40% know the other members.

Not that 40% isn't impressive. I doubt 40% of Americans know who their vice president is.

Also, I forgot to circle Akari, she's a few rows above Momoka, in black.

• May 2017
    3398 Reputation
    But 60% would know who Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian are :)

• May 2017
    449 Reputation
    You're dating yourself by including Paris Hilton, who hasn't relevant in about a decade. This does exist in the US, too, though: it's called a Q score. Kim K has the lowest Q score for popularity at -71, as it were.

Also note TokiSen member Sakai Hitoka way up in the left corner. She's coded as an actress rather than an idol or model, interestingly, but her interest score is up at 90%. I haven't seen anything conclusive stating that the Nikkei variables are exclusive or not (as in, can respondents still exhibit interest if they can't identify a person or is it only those who can identify a person that can affect the interest score), so either everyone who knows Hitoka adores her, or she really just has a ton of mainstream appeal.

Here's the ranking for individual idols. Kanako, Ayaka, and Momoka all saw growth in public opinion, Shiori and Reni stagnated. But they are all in the top 20, which, considering there is only one other individual on the list not followed by 48/46, is pretty impressive.

• May 2017
    3398 Reputation
    Hey I AM old and dated. And it was what you call a joke :)
    No idea what irrelevant people are relevant in the States these days

Shiorin on the latest edition of kwkm's webshow (#88 on May 1)
    「川上アキラの人のふんどしでひとりふんどし」

https://aidoru-online.org/torrents-details.php?id=108290

image image image
    Spoiler:
    image image image
    image image image

• RevanRevan

May 2017
    230 Reputation
    Lurkette said:

Here you go.

question, why is the Green Orange Green and Purple circle is always in different place each years ? i thought it's supposed to stay in the same place ?

• May 2017
    5201 Reputation
    Green:next break
    Orange:attract a lot of attention
    Blue:the peak of popularity
    Purple:big star and stably popular

momomofu said:

Nikkei Entertainment
    Power Ranking 2016
    vertical axis:degree of interest
    horizontal axis:degree of recognition

Sakai Hitoka(Tokimeki Sendenbu)
    degree of recognition:2,1
    degree of interest:95,7

05, Momota Kanako
    15, Tamai Shiori
    17, Ariyasu Momoka
    18, Takagi Reni
    21, Sasaki Ayaka

• May 2017
    962 Reputation
    A CD of " Momoclo Chan Z " arrived with the first privilege today.
    The audition of the CD is possible in a site of Amazon Japan.
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/ももくろちゃんZ-KIDS-ALBUM-Vol-1-仮/dp/B06X1BMHJY/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_2

"GooChokiParty ~Minna Norinori~!"
    [CD]
    M1. GooChokiParty
    M2. Yappa Noriniriー!
    M3. Noranekoga・・・
    M4. Haru desuyo! harudesuyo!
    M5. Suichuu MEgane
    M6. Ookina Kuma no Ie
    M7. Mosimone
    M8. Sakana ga Suisui
    M9. Otamajyakusi no Taisou1・2!
    M10. Hitorija Tumaranai
    M11. Banana nano?
    M12. Manemane Uhhohho
    M13. Piyopiyo Kousinnkyoku
    M14. Achaー
    M15. Omocha no Chachacha
    M16. Inu no Omawarisan
    M17. Yama no Onngakuka
    M18. Medaka no Gakkou
    M19. Tulip
    M20. Kwaii Kakurennbo
    M21. Coco☆Natu (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    M22. Chai Maxx (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    M23. Ikuze! Kaitou Syoujyo (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    M24. The Golden history (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    M25. Fruit 5 Shimai
    M26. Aisatu! I Love You!
    M27 Kimi no Mati no Kyou no Sora

[DVD]
    The choreography lesson that “Momoclo Chan Z" teaches!
    Yappa Noriniriー!!
    Coco☆Natu (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    Chai Maxx (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    Ikuze! Kaitou Syoujyo (Let's dance with kids ver.)
    The Golden History (Let's dance with kids ver.)