• February 10
    3952 Reputation
    That Polysics comparison really made me laugh hard :)

And Angélil was of course already an established music producer when he took over Dion

• February 10
    133 Reputation

Angélil was of course already an established music producer when he took over Dion

Exactly. As weird as the idea of Celine Dion's life long romance being emotionally and psychologically seeded between her 12th and 19th birthday might be, it indeed was with a professional colleague.

Albeit Mr. Angélil was an adult, well seasoned after two previous marriages in the subtleties of romantic interaction that an inexperienced pre-pubescent girl could never be expected to understand. There is a broad range of places where an argument could be put forth that Ms. Dion was emotionally manipulated into a romance with her then future husband.

Obviously it seems to have worked out profoundly well for them; and many fans, including me, have the deepest respect for a story of true love that thrives undaunted by the mocking throngs.

On the other hand, the seemingly insidious nature of a middle aged psychiatric mental health professional crossing the line with a young patient in need is a different story all together. "Creepy" is a word that comes to mind.

Be that as it may, I have every confidence that no matter how things go for Momoka san and Dr. Kojima, Momoka will survive and thrive.

Momoka's future self will be either bathed in a life long rapture of true love or forged by a bonfire of romantic experience. Either way, I believe she will be more than OK.

But hey, what do I know? I'm a hopeless romantic,
    RR

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

February 10
    114 Reputation
    -Sudden departure from the group

-In a relationship with a person 25 years older

-Who happened to be her psychologist

-Who will now be her boss

-Not talking to her parents anymore

Oh god, Momoka. I hope it's my usual negative mindset, but this sounds harmful.

• February 11
    3952 Reputation
    I wouldn't say boss in this case. I think businesswise they'll be on equal terms

And where did you hear about the not speaking to her parents part?

• February 11
    133 Reputation

here did you hear about the not speaking to her parents part?

It's in her written statement on Instagram.
    RR

• February 11
    3952 Reputation
    That is indeed worrying

@DJ-AN0N
    Could you get a full translation of that instagram post?

• RevanRevan

February 11
    230 Reputation
    Doc is bos(or same level as her) is written on her letter but
    She not speaking to her parents is not written on her IG letter, It's written in Friday
    It's still questionable for me, I mean I saw someone summarize it in twitter and when I try to translate it what i get is, either she didn't pick up phone from her parents anymore, or she didn't use her parents phone anymore, or she didn't have her parents no on her phone anymore...but I'm afraid I can't get the link to that tweet...I fast read and forgot...

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

February 11
    114 Reputation
    I asked for a translation of the IG statement. Don’t know if they’ll provide it. I’ll let you know.

• February 12
    89 Reputation
    Obviously none of us know if it's a healthy relationship or not, but a psychiatrist who gets in a relationship with a patient less than half his age just sounds...bad. Everyone's already summed up the reasons why.

• mr_sas

February 13
    42 Reputation
    googling:
    https://aramajapan.com/news/is-former-momoiro-clover-z-member-momoka-ariyasu-dating-her-48-year-old-psychotherapist/95423/

and I thought Akarin with 30 yo husband is surprising enough..,MMK with 48 yo partner, not to mention a child she might suddenly have grandchild already :))

• vimoralvimoral

February 19
    2225 Reputation

• vimoralvimoral

February 26
    2225 Reputation
    New CM

• February 26
    133 Reputation
    vimoral said:

New CM

This special video seems to be only the beginning of something much larger.

On the Suntory website it is explained that starting in the middle of March Suntory will release five "long" documentaries each featuring one of the five "Switch" people appearing in the 2:45 video released today (February 26, 2019).

Each of the five people featured in the short video recently "switched" or changed their careers / lives, and thus the switch theme of the documentary interviews. It looks like Momoka's doc may be the first to be released. You can follow the releases on the official Suntory スイッチしよう (Suiichiyoo - Let's Switch) webpage. My guess that Momoka's documentary will be first is based on her section of the webpage being the only Switcher to have "3月中全文公開子定" (3 getsunaka zenbun koukaikojou - Full Version Release During March) written under her picture.

The Switch campaign would not be the first time that Momoclo members, past and present, appeared in Suntory commercials and promotions. Many of the members of this forum no doubt already know of these CMs. But, for nostalgia's sake...

The Fab Five appeared in two Pepsi campaigns (Suntory is licensed to distribute Pepsi products in Japan).

MY FIRST BLACK
    Promoting Pepsi Black, a variation of Pepsi that has no sweetness, natural, processed, artificial, or otherwise.

Click here to view the 15 second MY FIRST BLACK CM

Click here to view the MY FIRST BLACK Making Of video

PEPSI SPECIAL
    Promoting Pepsi Special, a zero sugar artificially sweetened product.

Click here to view two 15 second CMs. The first CM features dinosaurs performing Kanako's signature Ebiszori Jump. The second CM features Momoclo in a restaurant guzzling big bottles of chemically enhanced Pepsi.

Click here to view the PEPSI SPECIAL Making Of video

Cheers!
    RR

• February 26
    89 Reputation
    ^Very interesting. Hopefully Momoka will give more personal insight into her feelings and reasons for quitting Momoclo.

• February 26
    3952 Reputation
    Would be nice but I rather doubt that. Openness in feelings and business reasons are not exactly the Japanese way :)

• February 27
    133 Reputation
    I'm going to guess Momoka's Suntory sponsored documentary is going to help us all better understand her love of carbonated lemon flavored beverages and how refreshing Suntory bottled water has perhaps made world peace a real possibility. But I could be wrong.

• February 27
    133 Reputation

Please enjoy Ariyasu Momoka's Suntory Sparkling water extended CM promoting five "documentaries" being released in March one of which focuses on The Little Green Giant.

The CM is waiting for you on A!O with English subtitles.

Cheers!
    RR

• February 27
    3952 Reputation
    Boy oh boy... I feel so ashamed that I didn't recognize Maki Goto at all =:-O
    I just didn't expect her and the new looks are so different
    But she looks great and so mature.
    No wonder though given the blows fate have dealt her

• March 7
    133 Reputation
    On Ariyasu san's Instagram this morning...

TRANSLATION OF TEXT FROM HER POST

There is merchandise for Sakuraibu 2019. I tried making a logo design, something I've never done before!

I'm wearing a Small size, and the color is dark blue

More information coming soon!

Looking forward to it

#Ariyasu Momoka
    #Sakuraibu
    #Live merch
    #Important stuff
    #T-Shirt

• vimoralvimoral

March 11
    2225 Reputation
    ruthyruth said:

She's back!
    At least for two one-man shows.

Tokyo concert on March 24th, Osaka March 27th.

The tickets are SOLD OUT !