Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyougijo Taikai ~NEVER ENDING ADVENTURE Yume no Mukou e~
  • eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I like it when Momomofu do this, he's probably very tired right now, so I'm doing it :)

http://natalie.mu/music/news/112182

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    From the natalie article, it said both days gather 110,000 peoples in Kokuritsu, and 40,000 peoples on live viewing.

• March 2014
    11 Reputation

I believe concerts at Kokuritsu have to end earlier than at Seibu Dome, which explains the shorter setlist.

To be honest, the show at Kokuritsu on Saturday (not sure about Sunday) was almost non-stop. Seibu had lots of breaks in the set that was edited out in the video release. So Saturday was 3.5 hours, while Seibu was around 4.5? But with all the breaks it was probably about the same.

• March 2014
    139 Reputation
    I'm really happy for them. I wish some day they'll realize how big they've become outside of Japan and then do a World Tour, I know it's difficult because they have really busy schedules and even many of the Heavy Metal / Rock Bands i like struggle to fill small venues in the USA, but look at Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, she seems to be doing pretty well on her World tour and i think she is slightly more "weird" than Momoclo.

A world tour would be fantastic, but -before that- they have to aim for even more international recognition. I will try to do my part... So, from now on, when somebody ask me "what's that weird stuff you're listening to?" i will proudly answer "they're the most amazing live act in Japan right now" some people may not gaf at all about them, but some others may like them, who knows? :-))

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Mezamashi

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    めざにゅ~ [2014.03.17] ももクロ国立ライブ

ha!4 [2014.03.17] ももクロ 国立で単独ライブ

グッド!モーニング [2014.03.17] ももクロ国立ライブ

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ももクロで人格がコワれる勝谷

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Oha!4 ZIP! [2014.03.17] ももクロ 国立ライブ

099 003 中島みゆき ももクロ

• March 2014
    65 Reputation

To be honest, the show at Kokuritsu on Saturday (not sure about Sunday) was almost non-stop. Seibu had lots of breaks in the set that was edited out in the video release. So Saturday was 3.5 hours, while Seibu was around 4.5? But with all the breaks it was probably about the same.

Peach for the Stars also had 6-7 more songs per day, so that extra hour is not all MomokuroChan highlights and half-hour press conferences. Perhaps Walk with Dinosaurs traumatized you? :) Not that I'm complaining. If I could choose, I'll take a shorter set list in an arena over 4 hours plus in a stadium every single time.

How many Momokuro concerts have you been to? Seems like quite a few, unless I'm conflating concerts with LVs. Which was your favorite?

• March 2014
    65 Reputation
    eyeless said:

I like it when Momomofu do this, he's probably very tired right now, so I'm doing it :)

Yeah, I felt kind of lame posting just one picture, but I literally posted when my boss turned her back!

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation

What they need to do to secure their standing, as a group and especially individually, is become household names. That means more TV, not bigger concerts.
    I don't pay much attention to their tv appearances, but I'm assuming it's mostly late-night stuff? Personally, I think it's time for them to set their sights on the western world, especially my corner of it. I'm in awe every time I watch one of their concert videos; maybe they should try for some air time on American tv?

No come to MY corner of the world! >.< Surely it's only a matter of time before they consider another overseas concert because they can't get much bigger than Japan. Although media appearances will get in the way of that. ¬_¬
    Just put us out of our misery and come!

A world tour would be fantastic, but -before that- they have to aim for even more international recognition. I will try to do my part... So, from now on, when somebody ask me "what's that weird stuff you're listening to?" i will proudly answer "they're the most amazing live act in Japan right now" some people may not gaf at all about them, but some others may like them, who knows? :-))

I tell people how amazing they are all the time and all of my friends know, but don't share, my fanaticism. Despite spreading the the word i don't have any converts yet. :( There is at least ONE other fan in my city, i just need to find them.

Overall, day 1 did look better but they were probably both mind-blowing. Very jealous of all the mononofus and can't wait for the DVD!

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    I intended to post the reports.
    But I'm so tired I've no energy for anything else.
    I'm awaiting nomusicnolife's reports.

Good night!
    Oyasumirei⋆。˚ (¦3ꇤ[▓▓]⋆。˚✩

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I'm pessimistic when it comes to them becoming famous worldwide. I think Kyary Pamyu Pamyu had lots of internet exposure via Youtube and with people like Katy Perry saying they love her. And that's something Momoclo doesn't have, sadly :(

Maybe it's my K-Pop mentality but it would be nice if they did a variety show where they travel around the world spreading the word of Momoclo.

• Lak

March 2014
    122 Reputation
    I think idol groups fail internationally in general due to the average people not caring because its a different language. Perhaps create a song or 2 in English to give people something they'll be willing to listen to first? Use that as a way to lure people in?

• March 2014
    28 Reputation
    Lak said:

I think idol groups fail internationally in general due to the average people not caring because its a different language. Perhaps create a song or 2 in English to give people something they'll be willing to listen to first? Use that as a way to lure people in?

That will surely be an ice breaker. Back in the 80s there was "Nena" who had their hit "99 Luft Balloons". It was sung in German first, then translated in English...and that simply rocked.

As for idols, Pink Lady, back in 1979 had their dance hit "Kiss in the Dark" top out at #37 on Billboard. BTW, Pink Lady was the MCZ of the time. They were EVERYWHERE in Japan...including tons of retail promos. However, the most unfortunate decision making on their end was NOT to perform on Kouhaku. That was the "kiss of death". Shortly after, they disbanded.

• OM617OM617

March 2014
    176 Reputation
    Americans just don't "get" Japanese Idols. They aren't openly raunchy enough and most Americans that do become interested usually end up passing it off as a novelty. An English song or two would go a long way though.

• March 2014
    904 Reputation
    In America, KPop is the main thing within Asian Pop. J-Pop is now considered a thing of the past so it's a little more difficult for J-Pop singers to appeal to American fans, especially for idols. If you want to appeal to US fans, it's best to find a way to catch their attention and make it stick. Unfortunately, a lot of people have considered them annoying due to their voices or because they can't understand what they're saying at all. It'll take a while before the fanbase can grow further out into the world. But having a song in English is a bit iffy and will take experimenting in MomoClo's case considering it depends on sound and how the translation goes. Sorry for sounding doubtful though. :-S

• March 2014
    28 Reputation

In America, KPop is the main thing within Asian Pop. J-Pop is now considered a thing of the past so it's a little more difficult for J-Pop singers to appeal to American fans, especially for idols. If you want to appeal to US fans, it's best to find a way to catch their attention and make it stick. Unfortunately, a lot of people have considered them annoying due to their voices or because they can't understand what they're saying at all. It'll take a while before the fanbase can grow further out into the world. But having a song in English is a bit iffy and will take experimenting in MomoClo's case considering it depends on sound and how the translation goes. Sorry for sounding doubtful though. :-S

One can only hope. However, there are clicks where they can tap into, like Anime-cons. Here in Hawaii, there are "Kawaii-Kon" and "Oni-Con", where at the convention, they bring in animation stars; artists, vocal talent, and every once in awhile, musical groups. The conventions are attended by thousands and certainly within that, there are J-POP music fans. As big as MCZ is in Japan, they need to make a humble start some place in the U.S. Appearances in small venues like this would be ideal to help spread the word. Surely, across America there are like venues.

Hawaii would be a great start for a concert too...over 1/3 the population is Japanese or mixed. 35%+ of the tourist per year, come from Japan. Access is also much easier for Non-Japan nationals.

Anyway, wishful thinking...

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Kouhaku and Kokuritsu, what next?

kwkm said before.
    "I don't like TOKYO DOME."

Maybe, he resents TOKYO DOME's refusal or high-rent.
    He has too many likes and dislikes.
    And he doesn't trust an adversary by no means.

Invader said:

If Nissan Stadium is the biggest they really can't do bigger concerts. Unless they do it festival like, and just have it in the mountains.

There are venues bigger than Nissan Stadium.

①The parking area in the Makuhari Messe
    GLAY gave a concert there in 1999.(GLAY EXPO '99 SURVIVAL)
    Audience:200,000
    G4 EXPO '99 サバイバル.mp4

②Racecourse(Tokyo Racecourse)
    Tokyo Racecourse is the biggest racecourse in Japan.
    Seating capacity:190,000
    But it has a strong image of gambling.

I don't think those are practical.
    If they want to hold a concert overseas, they should translate all the MV into English first of all.

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation
    In very few countries the world over are people comfortable with subtitles. The only other language MomoClo speak is English, and unfortunately Americans can't deal with accents. It's also nowhere near enough for the banter we enjoy.

Hyadain recently blogged that he wants to go abroad but can't because of his schedule. How much busier are MomoClo? And is it worth to slowly build up to something that might make money while neglecting their core market?

Sorry, I don't think kwkm will nor should go international. But we can hope for more anime convention visits.