Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyougijo Taikai ~NEVER ENDING ADVENTURE Yume no Mukou e~
  • March 2014
    91 Reputation
    Aren't we thinking too much on America's market as is was stated above by Mr Goat?
    I think there's plenty of market for them in Asia. And they can try to get the traditional appeal into it, like they do with the japanese traditions vibe, but adapted to each country... If I was their manager that would be the aproach I would use.

• March 2014
    65 Reputation
    ^
    South Korea is the biggest Asian music market outside of Japan, and it only musters 4% of Japan's sales.
    International Federation of Phonographic Industries 2012 figures:

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation
    Invader said:

I think in my country you can't release balloons like that in open air. I guess they have helium on them so the balloons would wonder off and then they could be eaten my animals and be damaging to them.

They made it at least 50km. Maybe it's bio-degradable plastic. Kanako blogged that a thousand of them had flower seeds attached.

• Lak

March 2014
    122 Reputation
    I would LOVE for them to come to America. But I know that its probably the hardest place to make it. And theres a few reasons. Americans in general don't appreciate that kind of corny humor other countries do. So they probably wouldn't get the comedy MCZ does. They have a harder time accepting things that are different from what they're used to. So they don't try as much to get familiar with it. They also have very short attention span. Music over 3mins would be considered too long for them. Language barrier is something most don't even want to bother with, even if its subbed. Idols are only appreciated at anime related events. Which would probably be the best chance to see them.

I think part of Kary Kary success is that she attracts the fashion industry. Its probably what helped her more than anything. Her weird videos help establish her style with the fashion people. Her song is more acceptable to them because it fits in with the weird style they like to see. But I think her international success is more due to fashion than her actual songs. The shows she performs in are more fashion shows than anything.

Also it sounds like some people think if they do decide to go international. They'll be out of Japan alot and it would negatively affect their status at home. I doubt they'd be gone long enough for it to hurt them. It would be like one or 2 trips out of the entire year at most. It shouldn't be a problem with their fans at home.

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    I believe this guy explain what america or other country would see Momoclo as. I wish I could understand more what he said.

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation
    He doesn't really say anything. Probably flustered because of the event.

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    I still envy him going to the concert.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I think BS Sukappa is gonna broadcast this concert, cmiiw
    http://www.skyperfectv.co.jp/special/momoclo/

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    eyeless said:

I think BS Sukappa is gonna broadcast this concert, cmiiw
    http://www.skyperfectv.co.jp/special/momoclo/

The description says (translated using google)

"In the program, the pattern of 2 Days and live document of the way to the National Stadium which is a large one page in the history of black thigh, in addition to it, SKY! We will broadcast the making of the CM shooting served as a character new products of "select 5".

So it sounds like a 'making of' Kokoritsu type thing showing preparations and how they got there, also the making of the select 5 CM. At 50 minutes long i doubt i will be showing THAT much actual concert footage unfortunately. :(

Here's a report on Kokoritsu which has some nice footage of some songs, singing happy birthday to Momoka and Matsuzaki Shigeru (who announced Kokoritsu at Momokuri 2013) singing his song announcing Nissan Stadium. Although the girls are excited they are kinda like, how am i supposed to react to this after last time you told us about Kokoritsu?! :p

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I heard AKB's 2nd day is postponed due to bad weather

• April 2014
    60 Reputation
    To the people who went to this years Haru no Ichidaiji: Can you tell me/us anything about how the ticket affairs where handled this time around?
    After reading through this -> http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=833 my hopes for visiting this years Natsu no Bakasawagi, which I plan to do somehow, dropped a bit.

I already knew that it would be a hard thing to do and maybe the only way would be to "be taken with" an other FC member with a spare ticket or something like this?
    So, does anyone know how the reality looks like? Is there any chance for someone not living in Japan to go to one of the major lives?

• zombrex

April 2014
    42 Reputation
    That is information I would also like to know, maybe it would be possible to join the fan club using some type of Japanese buying service so its in your name then get them to purchase a ticket through the lottery.

• April 2014
    22 Reputation
    kurisu27 said:

I already knew that it would be a hard thing to do and maybe the only way would be to "be taken with" an other FC member with a spare ticket or something like this?
    So, does anyone know how the reality looks like? Is there any chance for someone not living in Japan to go to one of the major lives?

For some recent big shows they've been using a system where each FC member can only buy one ticket, and once the lottery is done two ticket holders can request neighboring seats. There's a chance the summer show will work that way too, which means you can't even be taken with another member.

I did my own FC membership through two friends living in Japan (because it felt too much to ask any single person to do everything) - I filled the forms, then one paid the membership fee for me at a conbini and another provided an address for the beret and membership card to be sent to. Luckily, I was in Japan when the time came to pay for the actual concert ticket, so I could do that myself. If you don't have any friends in Japan, or you do but don't feel comfortable asking them to handle money for you, then yeah - there probably some kind of buying service that will do it for you for a fee.

I will be in Japan again this summer and will be trying to get a ticket to Baka Sawagi myself. Since it's two days at a huge venue, I hope it won't be too difficult.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    If anyone has any concrete information on overseas fans ticket procedure i would really, really like to know. Me and my friend are planning a trip to Japan very soon. We have the time and the money but he is waiting on me because i need the trip to coincide with a momoclo concert. This is an imminent reality for me so any information would be massively appreciated. Particularly, any Japanese members who could advise/help get ticket in any way would be majorly appreciated. Unfortunately i don't know if i can make it to Natsu no Bakasawagi due to work constraints but i am open to any suggestions or advice. This is happening for me very soon and to be honest i still have very little idea how its going to work but i NEED it to work because part of the reason i am going to Japan is to see momoclo. I don't have any Japanese friends but if what you guys are saying is true i need to join the fan club and hope and pray. I know this issue has been raised before but i need concrete answers now more than ever! *sigh* Why is everything so difficult?!

• April 2014
    60 Reputation
    EDIT
    --> Has it's own thread now (Thanks!) --->> http://momoiroclover.net/discussion/262/momokuro-concert-tickets-%C2%A0advice-for-overseas-fans#Item_3

Thanks a lot for the infos so far!! :)

For some recent big shows they've been using a system where each FC member can only buy one ticket, and once the lottery is done two ticket holders can request neighboring seats. There's a chance the summer show will work that way too, which means you can't even be taken with another member.

Ok, didn't know that until now...not so good news... Up until now I was able to get through with resell tickets quite nicely...other things than Momokuro that is...
    So, as if this is true resell isn't an option for Momokuro...at least not the big shows...and FC membership is a MUST?!

I did my own FC membership through two friends living in Japan (because it felt too much to ask any single person to do everything) - I filled the forms, then one paid the membership fee for me at a conbini and another provided an address for the beret and membership card to be sent to. Luckily, I was in Japan when the time came to pay for the actual concert ticket, so I could do that myself. If you don't have any friends in Japan, or you do but don't feel comfortable asking them to handle money for you, then yeah - there probably some kind of buying service that will do it for you for a fee.

Hmm, maybe I can get this to work since I know a few people from work in Japan. Still, don't you have to be a resident of Japan to be able to join? I mean ok, an address where the membership card etc. can be send to is fine and all, but what about ID checks and stuff? In that case the address where you live will be an other one for sure....

I will be in Japan again this summer and will be trying to get a ticket to Baka Sawagi myself. Since it's two days at a huge venue, I hope it won't be too difficult.

Yes, me to! Timeframe will be exactly around SummerDive, maybe this years a-nation island (or other festival) as backup plan, since it was quite easy to get tickets for that last year ^_^

MrGoat said:

This is happening for me very soon and to be honest i still have very little idea how its going to work but i NEED it to work because part of the reason i am going to Japan is to see momoclo.

Like mentioned before, if Bakasawagi isn't sadly an option for you because of work, then I would try to get hold of some kind of "festival" ticket. I'm pretty sure Momokuro will be doing a lot of these again this summer, maybe even a-nation again (would be the 3rd time in a row). It was a blast last year and I was able to get first class tickets a week before the show quite easily on ticket.co.jp (with the help of a buying service of course) Damn I was so close to the stage I'm even on the TV footage of the concert lol. This is certainly a backup plan for me this time again, and maybe that's also an option for you.

MrGoat said:

*sigh* Why is everything so difficult?!

because it's Japan (^_^)

• April 2014
    65 Reputation
    Live report of Kokuritsu. Lots of factual errors, but a nice read. Also, alternate translation of Kanako's speech:

We Momoiro Clover Z don’t aim the top of idol groups, don’t aim the top of the entertainment scene. We want to be the top who makes everyone smile. This is what we pursue to get.

Past 5 years, “mean and unkind” adults have made challenges for us, and we are grown with tackling these challenges. However today, we realized that they don’t set such challenges for us anymore. We have to create our own way. When we come to get lost in dark, we will go towards the lights of you.

http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/momoclo-kokuritsu-20140419495.html

• April 2014
    5201 Reputation
    [TV] Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 Made no Michinori 2days Live Digest

ももくろ国立ダイジェスト版

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation

We have to create our own way. When we come to get lost in dark, we will go towards the lights of you.

I could shed a tear. Come to our light! ...penlights that is.

• April 2014
    66 Reputation
    The digest alone shows how this concert was amazing. I want to see the full performance of Neo STARGATE!!

Backstage epic moments don't miss as well. Especially when Osaretai imitate each other (and of course 100% win for Reni haha). Also, when they discover their stage. They are so cute. I rarely see eyes sparkling that much.

I can't wait for the longer report!