Momoclo Haru no Ichidaiji 2014 Kokuritsu Kyougijo Taikai ~NEVER ENDING ADVENTURE Yume no Mukou e~
  • OM617OM617

July 2014
    176 Reputation
    I have been waiting for this one to be my first Momoclo Blu-ray, preordered today.

• zombrex

July 2014
    42 Reputation
    Great that it was finally announced, got my amazon preorder in.

• September 2014
    5201 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

September 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Amazing. They've outdone themselves this time. Can't wait for it to arrive.

• September 2014
    904 Reputation
    I NEED THIS! BUT MY SPENDINGS FOR COLLEGE SAYS NO! TTATT I WANTS TO SEE IT! TTATT

• September 2014
    472 Reputation
    Oh man, I thought I couldn't look any more forward to this release but they proved me wrong.

• zombrex

September 2014
    42 Reputation
    The cover images for both days are fantastic and loving they are including extras like commentary and a Live CD.
    Hopefully its a trend that continues.

• OM617OM617

September 2014
    176 Reputation
    That looks so amazing. I'm glad I decided to make it my first Blu-Ray.

• September 2014
    262 Reputation
    I love that packaging.

Also I wish Shiori hadn't cut her hair again, I liked that length.

• September 2014
    5201 Reputation
    特報映像「ももクロ春の一大事2014 国立競技場大会~NEVER ENDING ADVENTURE 夢の向こうへ~」/ももいろクローバーZ(MOMOIRO CLOVER Z)

• mavmav

September 2014
    171 Reputation
    Preorders for Kokuritsu has reached #1 across all categories of DVD/BD sales on Amazon JP

• September 2014
    91 Reputation
    I'm not sure if I buy the dvd box or the bluray one... ç.ç

• zombrex

September 2014
    42 Reputation
    [quote="Leticia Cosmos"]I'm not sure if I buy the dvd box or the bluray one... ç.ç

The bluray will have vastly superior visual and sound quality and will be region free encoded.
    No reason not to get it instead of DVD.

• Maka

September 2014
    30 Reputation
    Well from my experience, Blu-ray and DVD quality does not differ too much on visual and sound quality.
    Even with sensitive ears like mine, the difference in sounds is very small.

• InvaderInvader

September 2014
    1737 Reputation
    There is a HUGE difference between Blu-ray and DVD at least visually. I watch it on a 42" screen so if I put on a DVD it looks ridiculous compared to the Blu-ray. Some of Momoclo Blu-rays (the ones where they split one concert in two Blu-rays, like for example Momokuri 2012) look outstanding, even better on HD than some Hollywood movies I've seen.

As far as sound goes I don't know, I guess DVDs also come with 5.1 but I don't know if I would be able to tell the difference.

• zombrex

September 2014
    42 Reputation
    Yeah the visual difference is massive, and the reason Momoiro Christmas 2012 and Peach for the Stars both look so good even compared to other releases is because they have extremely high bit rate encodes thanks to more data storage being available across 2 discs rather than 1. I greatly appreciate this, sadly many companies are willing to sacrifice the video quality to save money instead of printing extra discs.

As for audio, bluray releases from Yokohama Arena 2 days and onwards (some exceptions) all have uncompressed soundtracks in both 5.1 DTS HD surround and stereo sound. DVD releases have the stereo soundtrack only. The older stuff that was released on dvd first and got the bluray treatment later on missed out on surround as has the Kodomo Matsuri releases where it would be pointless. If you do not have the set-up then I suppose this doesn't matter but 5.1 is very nice if you can get the chance to hear it and certainly not a small difference.

• InvaderInvader

September 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I didn't know the DVDs only got stereo, that is kinda sad. It certainly adds to the experience when you can hear the mononofu chants surrounding you. I'm so used to it by now that when I watch some of their performances on festivals or something that only has 2.0 is like I've gone half deaf, like something is missing.

• September 2014
    472 Reputation
    Blu Ray is definitely the way to go if that's an option, sadly some artists still only release on dvd (I'm looking at you Dempagumi.inc)

I just finished setting up a 100" 1080p projector setup in my living room. It is AWESOME! I watched the Summer Dive 2012 concert on it last night, the panning crowd shots made me dizzy in a good way. The projector can handle 3d as well, so my question is, will we ever see a 3d Blu Ray release from Momoclo?
    \m/

• zombrex

September 2014
    42 Reputation
    Something interesting Momoiro Clover did a promotion for Mitsubishi 3D TV's where they filmed a special 3D PV for Kono no Uta.
    It sells for around $300+ on yahoo auction and there is only 1000 copies based on this info http://natalie.mu/music/news/48681.
    Really would love to see it and yeah it sucks when artists release on DVD, hurts even more when it was obviously filmed in HD based on promotional clips and TV concert excerpts.

• OM617OM617

September 2014
    176 Reputation
    Its 2014 and full feature Blu-Ray players cost under $50....what benefit is there to buy the 17 year old DVD format?