http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=736

Limited Edition(CD+DVD)
    1,700yen
    [CD]
    M1. Naitemo Iindayo
    Lyrics:中島みゆき(Nakajima Miyuki) 
    Music:中島みゆき(Nakajima Miyuki) 
    Arranger:瀬尾一三(Seo Ichizou)
    M2. Doudou Heiwa Sengen(Movie "Idainaru Shu Ra Ra Boom" Theme Song)
    Lyrics:鎮座DOPENESS
    Music:MICHEL☆PUNCH/KEIZOmachine! from HIFANA/EVISBEATS
    M3. Naitemo Iindayo(off vocal ver.)
    M4. Doudou Heiwa Sengen(off vocal ver.)
    [DVD]
    M1. Undecided (MUSIC VIDEO)

Regular Edition
    1,200yen
    M1. Naitemo Iindayo
    Lyrics:中島みゆき(Nakajima Miyuki) 
    Music:中島みゆき(Nakajima Miyuki) 
    Arranger:瀬尾一三(Seo Ichizou)
    M2. Doudou Heiwa Sengen(Movie "Idainaru Shu Ra Ra Boom" Theme Song)
    Lyrics:鎮座DOPENESS
    Music:MICHEL☆PUNCH/KEIZOmachine! from HIFANA/EVISBEATS
    M3. My Dear Fellow
    Lyrics:Maeda Takahiro(DNA Rhapsody)
    Music:Shihori(GOUNN)
    M4. Naitemo Iindayo(off vocal ver.)
    M5. Doudou Heiwa Sengen(off vocal ver.)
    M6. My Dear Fellow(off vocal ver.)

• MrGoatMrGoat

February 2014
    99 Reputation
    YAAAY! :D I guess we were right about the movie track being a B side. Very excited, glad they didn't keep us waiting for too long!

• InvaderInvader

February 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Great news! it's a couple of months after the Nation Stadium concert so I don't know if we will hear it then.

• AzureusAzureus

February 2014
    1470 Reputation

• February 2014
    65 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Momoclo will release a new single on May 7
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/109658

I believe this is the 11th official single.

Akumu-chan is supposed to be released on May 3, but I don't remember if it was confirmed that Momokuro would be doing a new song for the movie or if that was just speculation.

If Sailor Moon really comes out in July and the ED really is an original song, I suppose we get another single around August, and almost certainly one by November, so I guess we are on track for their usual three a year (minus 2013 of course). I really was expecting a new single in March though, and it's rather curious that they haven't tried to capitalize on the explosion in their popularity by releasing more music.

• February 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    I'm sorry, I made a mistake.

• asan

February 2014
    462 Reputation

I really was expecting a new single in March though, and it's rather curious that they haven't tried to capitalize on the explosion in their popularity by releasing more music.

Selling music doesn't actually make much money, but carries a lot of risk. If the new composer is less famous, or they don't chart as high, the press will have a field day.

• February 2014
    65 Reputation
    asan said:

Selling music doesn't actually make much money, but carries a lot of risk. If the new composer is less famous, or they don't chart as high, the press will have a field day.

And they count on music sales less than most groups. Of overall media sales last year, something like 70% came from DVD & Blu-Ray, although partially that's due to releasing only one single.

I really don't pay attention to their single sales because I think that sort of thing matters less these days. However, single releases are huge events. Record stores get taken over by their displays, and music videos are the best way to expand your audience. Hardcore fans may seek out the expensive Blu-Rays and vie to get tickets to shows, but YouTube videos are free.

And while they are known for their lives, they do actually need to, you know, put out music. It's kind of incredible to think that between Peach for the Stars and Kokuritsu they will only have managed to add one single's worth of songs to the repertory. Seems early to rest on your laurels.

Back-of-napkin releases since 2011:

2011:
    Albums: 1
    Singles: 4
    Limited release: 1 (Momokuri CD)
    MVs: 7

2012:
    Albums: 0
    Singles: 3
    Limited release: 3 (Momokuro Allstars, Momokuro Tei Ichimon, Momokuri CD)
    MVs: 6

2013:
    Albums: 1
    Singles: 1
    Limited release: 2 (Twinkle 5, Momokuri CD)
    MVs: 3
    Compilations: 1 (Iriguchi)

• InvaderInvader

February 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I guess since I got into them in 2013 and I had a lot of things to catch up to, I didn't really realize there wasn't many new stuff.

What's great about them is getting about 5 completely different high quality concerts per year. And they have close to 100 different songs so it doesn't feel like it's the same again and again. I mean I've watched all the concerts they've realesed in their career in a year and never felt like "oh god not this song again" (maybe bokura no century, I don't know why but I don't like that song :-S )

Anyway I agree that more singles mean more MVs and therefore more possibilities to do something that gets you new fans.

Shall we start betting on concepts for the single?

• MrGoatMrGoat

February 2014
    99 Reputation
    Invader said:

Shall we start betting on concepts for the single?

I have no clue. O_o could be literally anything... any ideas? :p

• InvaderInvader

February 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I'm actually suprised that they haven't run out of ideas yet. If I have to make a request I want a steampunk concept, but that's more of a european theme. I also wanted Cyberpunk, but Bis already did that with STUPiG (in the creepiest possible way)

I always have this feeling that they're going to do something normal... and then I think again.

• erimeaerimea

February 2014
    74 Reputation
    if its akumu chan related im thinking princesses :P

*imagines tama chan wearing that* kyahhhhh~~ <3

• February 2014
    65 Reputation
    A-rin's apparently been practicing guitar with Hotei Tomoyasu's book GUITAR WORKS (or maybe just reading the interviews!), so perhaps the song is Akumu-chan related and he's back to do another one. Veteran avant jazzman Otomo Yoshihide got a lot of praise for his Ama-chan soundtrack, so how about pop-jazz fusion craziness? Cornelius has done some weird and lovely collaborations with salyu.

Maybe they'll premiere the song at Kokuritsu and it ties into the Never-ending Adventure theme. Will the five-colored pill return in the MV?

• InvaderInvader

February 2014
    1737 Reputation
    erimea said:

if its akumu chan related im thinking princesses :P

*imagines tama chan wearing that* kyahhhhh~~ <3</p>

And Reni being the odd one out will be the prince :))

The possibilities with them are endless. I'm worried that maybe after GOUNN not being a huge success, they'll try some more friendly sound. I hope I'm wrong because I love them trying new styles.

• February 2014
    904 Reputation
    Reni-oujisama?! *dies* *nosebleed volcano*

• dmkdmk

February 2014
    104 Reputation
    I hope it's heavy, the Axlxl metal covers are amazing, especially for PUSH.

• February 2014
    144 Reputation
    Really looking forward to getting to hear and see this new single. Im sure im going to like anything that they do, but im looking forward to seeing another new concept from MomoClo.

• AzureusAzureus

February 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Looks like their poster out.

• March 2014
    5201 Reputation
    The release date of the new single was changed.
    May 7 → May 8
    http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=797

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    That's weird, usually new releases are on Wednesday. Is there any specific reason?