BABYMETAL
  • MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    I was thinking, it's about time we had our own BABYMETAL thread.

Paco was right when he said.

This is becoming a Babymetal forum it seems. Nothing wrong with that, I really like them.

Random talk isn't random when the dominant topic is BABYMETAL and what with all this exciting news of late I thought it's about time.

So here I present to you a BABYMETAL thread!

Here's the most recent BABYMETAL posts from Random talk and...... EUROPE TOUR! :D

http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/babymetal-europe-concert-20140318151.html

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    eyeless said:

Have this been posted yet? BABYMETAL's SU sang SPEED's White Love

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Azureus said:

Invader said:

Edit: BABYMETAL at Budokan today: image

Found this randomly online, the stage light up with fire shooting ridiculously. Must of been a awesome concert.
    http://instagram.com/p/lBf1vQv_Ph/

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Invader said:

News report about BABYMETAL concert

It looks amazing. And they're coming to Europe!

The chart-topping BABYMETAL album and sold-out Budokan shows have really stirred up an international frenzy of interest. It's BABYMETALMANIA. You go, girls!

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

Invader said:

News report about BABYMETAL concert

It looks amazing. And they're coming to Europe!

OHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

[EDIT] After calming down I just need to say, that has made my day. And I had an amazing day to begin with.

:D :D :D

[DOUBLE EDIT] SO NOT CALM. OH MY GOOOOD!!! :D :D :D

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    The new album debuted at number 1 on the American itunes metal charts and number 2 in the UK and Germany. They've moved up and are currently number 1 in the UK on the metal charts.

I'm so happy for them! They really deserve all this recognition and now us, the fans, will get what we deserve thank to all their hard work! >.< :D

http://babymetal.net/confirmed-babymetal-hold-live-performances-europe/
    http://babymetal.net/babymetal-tour-europe/

• Paco

March 2014
    331 Reputation
    Good idea with this thread. Thank you!

I really like the album, but for some reason I can't enjoy it from start to beginning. I have to take a pause or listen to special songs.

• asan

March 2014
    462 Reputation
    Opposite here. I didn't like the singles, but in this order they're fun.

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    They ranked 4th on Oricon's weekly album chart with 37,463 thus far. That's pretty great specially considering it's also doing great in digital.

I still think just 3 new songs it's not enough, because I want new stuff. But overall the album is amazing. Maybe Doki Doki Morning and Iine (as much as I like them) don't go with the rest of the tracks, which had an impressive improvement in quality.

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    The album is indeed awesome. I haven't tried to listen to it from start to finish but I can imagine it would be a bit strange. I have my singles in chronological order so i'm used to listening to them in that order. I think alot of songs are in a good order, e.g. beginning with BABYMETAL DEATH. Most of them are in the correct order but when you put Gimme Choko!! after Megitsune and Akatsuki in between ii-ne and Doki Doki morning it doesn't quite flow... The true power of those tunes feels a little interrupted.

Still an amazing album and I like the new songs, they're not as good as some of their singles but in such a single orientated culture it's not surprising they just slipped them into the album. I think I need to listen to them more as well and they'll grow me, the new guitars are certainly brutal! :D It's a bit annoying there's only 3 new ones but like I said, in Japan you can get away with making an album of mostly singles. We're just more album focused in the west I guess.

Also, your right about the large quality improvement, which is really great.

BABYMETAL onwards! :)>-

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    BABYMETAL Interview on Hotwave 2 (English subbed)

BABYMETAL Interview Sept 22 2013 (English captions)

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Thanks these are brilliant! :D

In the first video SU-METAL says she looks into the audiences eyes, if she looks into my eyes in the summer I will explode. :p I know i can transmit the passion of all the international fans and she will understand just by looking in my eyes and i think it will make her very happy so i'm looking forward to having this opportunity. :)>-

The hotwave interview was very informative and i'll put what they said into practice! Sore Sore Sore Sore!

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    BABYMETAL has stayed at number 1 on the UK, US and German itunes metal charts for the second week in a row and has moved to #35 in the all catagories album chart. They are also #20 on the heatseekers chart which is all catagories for new artists who havn't charted before.

And here is their first ever performance as BABYMETAL singing Doki Doki morning at the 2011 Tokyo Idol Festival. :)

They look so young. You can hear how much SU-METAL's vocals have come along since she's had some formal coaching.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    Until TIF 2012, BABYMETAL still lipsynced their performances. Even when they came to Singapore for AFA, Headbanger was the only song they sang live. I think they started to sing live after SU graduated from Sakura Gakuin or around that time.

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Amazing picture of the Budokan concert

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    eyeless said:

^
    Until TIF 2012, BABYMETAL still lipsynced their performances. Even when they came to Singapore for AFA, Headbanger was the only song they sang live. I think they started to sing live after SU graduated from Sakura Gakuin or around that time.

Ahh, that makes sense now. They've only just started using a live band aswell. I think overall their current perf quality is noticeably superior to lives they did not even long ago.

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    BABYMETAL are in the top 10 metal charts in 7 countries. Including number 1 in the US going into their 3rd week.

• March 2014
    38 Reputation
    Amid all the "crazy Japanese" ridicule and "this isn't real metal" hate, there are a growing number of articles and reviews being written by people who understand what Babymetal is all about. Here is an interesting article about the songwriters behind the music.
    http://donotcrossthestreams.wordpress.com/2014/03/15/the-faces-behind-babymetal/

By the way, "BABYMETAL" is at #187 on the Billboard Top 200 chart, becoming the youngest Japanese artists to hit the Billboard charts ever. You go, girls!

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    ^
    That's a good read, thanks for sharing

• OM617OM617

March 2014
    176 Reputation
    While their music is decent, I have to agree with some of the "this isn't metal" comments. Its more like J-Pop with elements of metal attached to it. Megitsune is about as close to "real" metal as they have been so far. Death Rabbits have a better overall tone because of Bucho but they still lack the "heart" put into the music of non-mass produced artists.
    But, as consolation, Japan's "metal" really isn't very Metal in general by American standards. Groups like X Japan and Blood Stain Child are too smooth and sound more like 80's Hair Metal.

• eyelesseyeless

March 2014
    2256 Reputation
    some non metal material from BiS are harder than any Babymetal's metal :P
    I especially love the noise core for Togawa Jun's Suki Suki Daisuki cover

Too bad they're disbanding this year ..