BABYMETAL
  • May 2015
    262 Reputation
    I think Road of Resistance is the only new song they have so that Budokan concert should be a reasonable approximation of what you'll see.

• May 2015
    39 Reputation

Sorry for the intrusion.

Sometimes ago, acting on impulse, I decided to go to the concert that BABYMETAL will hold in my country...

Now I am seriously worried about my lack of preparation and knowledge, so i dare to submit some possibly stupid (or even outrageous) questions.

1) I only briefly studied my recently bought "Budōkan Live" BD.
    Is this still a suitable reference or it is too outdated?

2) Going to the concert with one or perhaps two accessories "belonging" to another group (MCZ and particularly Takagi Reni, of course) would be considered extremely offensive, or could even be tolerated (or something inbetween)?

3) In the spirit of the previous question, since apparently (almost) only red penlights are used, what about an MCZ one (Kanakooo^)?
    I do not have unmarked penlights and I doubt they will be on sale there...

Thank you.

My brief answers:
    1. Budokan is pretty much the same setlist they've been playing for the past year, with the only addition being Road Of Resistance. You'll be fine.

2. I've seen Babymetal 3 times now, and have seen fans wearing/carrying everything under the sun, from Pikachu and Viking cosplay to lolita fashion, punk mohawks and formal evening wear. Whatever you bring in honor of Takagi Reni will be either not noticed, or noticed and admired by fellow MCZ fans. You'll be fine.

3. Will it glow red? You'll be fine.

• June 2015
    5759 Reputation
    BABYMETAL おは4

2015/06/22 BABYMETAL

• June 2015
    5759 Reputation
    New song?

• InvaderInvader

June 2015
    1774 Reputation
    About time, they need to release a new single (or better yet, new album) right now. The place looks packed, I read it was 25,000, I didn't even know you could fit that many on a space like that.

• June 2015
    5759 Reputation
    Makuhari Messe
    BABYMETAL(International Exhibition Hall)
    Momoclo and Syachi(Makuhari Event Hall)

• June 2015
    262 Reputation
    whoa I had no idea that venue was so big and complicated.

• June 2015
    5759 Reputation
    SUMMER SONIC 2013
    Momoclo gave a performance at the same hall(Mountain Stage) in 2013.

• honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

About time, they need to release a new single (or better yet, new album) right now. The place looks packed, I read it was 25,000, I didn't even know you could fit that many on a space like that.

Road of Resistance was great, but yeah, they need to release something new... i guess since they are causing a stir in America they have decided to take the opportunity, so new stuff has been put on hold maybe?

I would love if they record a studio version of Yui´s cover of Chokkoto love. Maybe as a b side of ... Bubble Dreamer? or No rain no rainbow?

• InvaderInvader

June 2015
    1774 Reputation
    When they announced their Japan tour I saw there was nothing on November so maybe they'll use that time to release new music. The girls need to rest though, so who knows when we'll see new stuff.

• Dave

June 2015
    21 Reputation
    Invader said:

When they announced their Japan tour I saw there was nothing on November so maybe they'll use that time to release new music. The girls need to rest though, so who knows when we'll see new stuff.

My guess is that in November there will be a US date or 2 like NYC last year. At least I hope so even if my wallet doesn't