BABYMETAL
  • MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    Very interesting article, it's nice to see one not just taking BABYMETAL at face value. I'm getting bored of western musicians and media jumping on the bandwagon just because of the novelty. And i didn't know Narasaki wrote Headbangerrr and Catch me if you can. CMIYC is one of my favourites so go Narasaki!

• InvaderInvader

March 2014
    1737 Reputation
    More BABYMETAL at Budokan:

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    I can't wait for them to announce their tour dates so i can finally get my ticket. I keep thinking i won't get one for some reason so i want to get it right away so i don't have to stress! :p

• AzureusAzureus

March 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Hope to see more of Moa Kikuchi and Yui Mizuno sing or rap. This song very catchy.

BabyMetal Legend "Z" Onedari Daisakusen おねだり大作戦 Live

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Haha, this song is in my head all day at least 3 times a week. SO catchy. :p And yes they pull it off extremely well. Can't wait to see it live! >.< Ahhhh!

• March 2014
    38 Reputation
    I was wondering when I became a Babymetal fan, so I searched back through this forum and found my original post from December 2012:

I wasn't going to pay attention to any idol group other than Momoclo, but in the past few days I've been sucked into the black hole of awesomeness that is BABYMETAL. I had heard the name before, but didn't think much of it, until I saw a live video clip. Ok, the girls are lip-synching and the band is miming, but it's still pretty cool. The little girls running back and forth across the stage is what hooked me.

But I see a major problem looming. The older girl will be fine, but the little girls are growing up fast and are going to lose that little girl charm that is so attractive. Will their agency replace them with younger girls, or will Babymetal be a short-lived phenom?

I didn't even know their names! And I'm glad that my worries of them being replaced or a short-lived group never came to pass. I am also happy to report that SU, YUI & MOA have lost none of their charm and BABYMETAL is still a black hole of awesomeness. :D

• MrGoatMrGoat

March 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ HaHa Nice! I can remember when it was for me and i can remember what i posted but i can't find it! :( I don't think its on here for some reason, maybe i just need to go back a little further...

• InvaderInvader

April 2014
    1737 Reputation

I wouldn't have shown them Doki Doki Morning or Iine. I'd change those for Headbanger and Megitsune. But I understand that they try to make it funny so they just went with the crazier videos. Even though I think Headbanger is also quite shocking if you're not expecting it =))

• OM617OM617

April 2014
    176 Reputation
    Unfortunately they are just going for the "Those crazy Japanese" reaction. They would have done the same with Minimoni's Ai~n! Dansu no Uta.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    I dislike all 'youtubers react to' and i also dislike people jumping on the bandwagon like they're the only people in the western hemisphere who can comprehend BABYMETAL, and I also dislike the generic "those crazy japanese" reactions. So in short i cannot watch this. :p I hope someday something they care about is patronised by people who don't understand it!

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    Still no news on venues and dates for the Europe tour... How long must they keep me in suspense?!

• InvaderInvader

April 2014
    1737 Reputation
    There you have it: http://sonisphere.co.uk/news/uk-brace-for-babymetal/

This is the rest of the lineup:

That rules out Japan Expo. But I hope they get to go to other places and give a concert for their fans only. Festivals make me worry.

• eyelesseyeless

April 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Invader said:

This is the rest of the lineup:
    [urlhttp://sonisphere.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Lineup550.jpg[/url]

That rules out Japan Expo. But I hope they get to go to other places and give a concert for their fans only. Festivals make me worry.

I was worried when Momoclo did Ozfest, and then this .. :(

But good luck for them

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    OHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOD! :D :D :D
    Invader said:

No other dates have been announced yet. I was also hoping for a smaller fan only venue but I'M NOT COMPLAINING. :D Considering the first date they've announced is at the start of July i presume any more dates will be after that? That's not good for my work situationnnn... According to the official site the "Europe tour schedule" will be announced at a later date so i hope i can make it to one of those shows aswell.
    eyeless said:

I was worried when Momoclo did Ozfest, and then this .. :(

But good luck for them

I think they'll be fine. Sonisphere isn't really a particularly tough festival, not like bloodstock or anything. :p And they are much more at home here than momoclo was at Ozzfest.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :D

Btw I'm definitely going! It's a shame that the line up on sunday sucks while saturday is awesome. Slayer, carcass, iron maiden...

• April 2014
    60 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

I think they'll be fine. Sonisphere isn't really a particularly tough festival, not like bloodstock or anything. :p And they are much more at home here than momoclo was at Ozzfest.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :D

Btw I'm definitely going! It's a shame that the line up on sunday sucks while saturday is awesome. Slayer, carcass, iron maiden...

Agreed!
    They will definitely be allright there. They "kind of" have Metallica at their back, at least Kirk is a big fan of them. So maybe, under these circumstances, I mean them playing far away at a western festival, maaaaybe Metallica might even go so far as to "advertise" them a bit? Who knows...
    Nevertheless, they are still Metal, even if it's strange Metal for western terms but it is, so I wouldn't worry. European festival culture is very open by now I think and well, it's Sonisphere...like he said :D Also they were requested, so naturally they must have a crowd ne? ;D

Momoclo at Ozzfest was imho WAAAY more of a gamble then this is! And, well, it worked out great as far as I know! Much the same "crowd experience" and especially energy with Momoclo as it is with metal concerts really, so the crowd fits!

also..... Slayer!!! ;D

• eyelesseyeless

April 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Idk man, ozfest was still in Japan. There were mononofus who probably overwhelming the numbers of metal fans there.

I still think this is too early for Babymetal, and they're too young. I want them to success, but I'm so worried about the girls.

• InvaderInvader

April 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I think Momoclo at Ozzfest was better because there was no language barrier. If the girls said something the audience would understood.

For BABYMETAL it's going to be hard. It's true that there was a petition so they're going to have some fans there. Hopefully having supporters would prevent other people from being nasty.

The girls have experience in festivals so they probably can manage, but I'm still worried.

• April 2014
    38 Reputation
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1207148/babymetal-nabs-spot-at-this-years-sonisphere-festival/

http://time.com/57391/babymetal-jpop-sonisphere/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20time/topstories%20%28TIME:%20Top%20Stories%29

I'm not too worried about Sonisphere. The haters are a bunch of kids who probably won't even show up, and there will be plenty of Babymetal fans and positive-minded metal fans in attendance. Anyone trying to cause trouble for the girls won't get anywhere near the stage...and will certainly get beaten to death if they try anything. ;)

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    Gonna be fine, trust me. :) Fans of the kind of bands who play at sonisphere aren't hard enough to actually cause trouble. :p Plus i'll be there! (pending approval) I'll be at the front singing along and protecting them with my love. :)>-

• AzureusAzureus

May 2014
    1470 Reputation
    World tour set list.