[SINGLE]13th Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina
  • January 2015
    5201 Reputation

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    No one has to buy a CD anymore to get the music. Especially for more popular artists everything can be found on the net, even in a lossless format
    I therefore find it legit for them to look for other ways to make money. After all that's what the music industry is all about.
    In this special case I find the special live project an interesting idea.

• January 2015
    79 Reputation
    Well you guys do know you dont have to buy loads of copies especially being international since these prizes don't apply to us. I for one will only be getting one copy of a single and maybe their summer dive dvd. Also who cares if they want to use sale inflations. Yeah its wrong but its not like they're doing anything that no other idol is doing. Im kinda like eyeless i kinda want to see what the outcome of these tactics are sale wise. Also lets not blame the girls for this one like someone said this is probably the work of king/evil line records

• mocha21mocha21

January 2015
    380 Reputation
    so this is why Miyamoto keeps telling us the three singles thing every time a new single is announced.
    Definitely not impressed. Couldn't agree more with mav, this will be a bad issue regarding their grand scheme of sales. I want to believe they're doing this just because it is their special occasion of releasing three singles, which is something novel to Momoclo, like a celebration or whatnot.
    eyeless said:

look at how much attention Momusu get when they started to inflate their sales.

It's on totally different case, public recognition to Momusu was declining badly back then, it was almost like a desperate move to save the franchise. Momoclo is one of the biggest acts in the current music scene, doing something like this is a glaring greed and would be a huge turn-off to fans, especially to the older fans who always believe that the group is not your average idol group.
    I can't believe those kind of things are even legal :))

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    「夢の浮世に咲いてみな」Off Shot Trailer/ももいろクローバーZ vs KISS(YUMENO UKIYONI SAITEMINA/MOMOIRO CLOVER Z vs KISS)

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    ^ Will the "trailer" part mean they're going to release a longer version or is this it? Nice bonus either way.

As for trying to inflate the sales, I don't mind it. But it does seem like they don't trust that the singles will do well. Since they don't usually do this (I don't know if on their earlier days they did), the fact that they decided to do it makes you wonder... Why now?

I'm sure it's a record label decision. I can't help but laugh because that means it was EVIL line records decision. >:) Evil just being evil.

• January 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon weekly sales
    77,000 - GOUNN
    65,000 - Naitemo
    50,000 - MOON PRIDE

They have a good grasp of the number of reservation sales.
    The reservation sales might have declined. In addition, they must save KISS's face.
    I don't think this is a good idea.
    Momoclo differs from Ebi, Syachi and Tako.
    I can almost see Momoclo haters' happy faces in my mind's eye.

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    momomofu said:

I can almost see Momoclo haters' happy faces in my mind's eye.

Yeah, Momoclo not doing this kind of marketing strategy has always been kind of a source of pride. Now we can't say Momoclo is different from other idols on that aspect. I'm sure detractors are eager to point that out whenever they can.

• January 2015
    262 Reputation

this is pretty cute. Reni and Kanako in particular seem kind of starstruck around KISS.

• mavmav

January 2015
    171 Reputation
    The point isn't that they can't find ways to make money.......Evil Line gets a cut every time one of Momoclo's songs is sang during concerts
    Momoclo are top 10 in Japan in terms of money-making....and a large share of that undoubtedly goes to the record companies.

Of course being international fans, this event doesn't concern us, but the implications do.

Maybe it's because I don't come from a background of being an idol fan, but I really do not endorse blindly supporting everything Momoclo does.

I typically refrain from bashing on fellow idol groups, but in this case I have to say that these kind of promotional tie-ins are what ruined the music for a lot of the big names we know.

After all, if sales are skyrocketing just by slipping in some external incentives, what reason is there to continually innovate and put in actual effort in new music?

I first got into Momoclo because of 5D, and even though I don't even listen to physical CDs anymore, I decided to buy it (and other previous works) as a show of support. It's just sitting there collecting dust, but by buying it I'm telling the company "please do more of this"

If I buy these singles, I'm essentially telling Evil Line "well, I don't really care what the music is going to be like, but just because I have a chance to attend a concert, I'm going to buy it"

I do wish that mocha's theory is correct, and that this is a one-shot purely for the sake of it being a triple single....but honestly even then I find it kind of a stretch. It's not like these three singles have anything in common with them, so what reason is there to bundle them together?

My suspicion is leaning more towards momonofu's theory...

And no, I'm not blaming the girls, that would be ridiculous. It is precisely to protect them that I am choosing to boycott in protest.

I do not want Momoclo's name tarnished by these "business practices" that is lazy and unimaginative at best, and shady and unethical at worst.
    I do not want their music, which is a large part of makes them so great, to stagnate and regress.

I do not want record companies to even start thinking about doing this stuff on a regular basis.

Hyadain said that he trusted Momoclo management (Stardust side) to protect the girls, because they are "punk in nature"
    Well in this case, I guess it falls on the fans to punk it out.

I'm not here to argue with people on whether or not you should buy it. That is entirely a personal matter, and if you still want to buy it, I respect your decision.
    (In all honesty, I bet these singles will have huge sale numbers)

In any case, I have made up my mind, and these are my reasons.

Maybe I will go back and buy these singles a year from now, but definitely not when they are counting initial sales

• January 2015
    144 Reputation
    Invader said:

But it does seem like they don't trust that the singles will do well. Since they don't usually do this (I don't know if on their earlier days they did), the fact that they decided to do it makes you wonder... Why now?
    I'm sure it's a record label decision. I can't help but laugh because that means it was EVIL line records decision. >:) Evil just being evil.

I think you're right about them not trusting the singles to do well - I suspect that despite the success of concerts and such, Evil Line is probably starting to get worried about the declining sales trend over the last few singles. I can understand why they're going with this, because unfortunately, in the idol industry it seems that quality songs alone do not always translate into good sales. I've seen quite a few examples where singles that everyone seemed to like did worse than ones that the community felt were mediocre - look at Moon Pride for example. Also, I don't think that the introduction of incentives to buy singles really hurts the quality of a group's releases; with Hello! Project, which is probably the best example I can see of a before and after with such incentives, the quality of their songs has been pretty consistent before and after the change. They've even done a couple songs that were quite experimental compared to older stuff.

All that being said though, I wish that Evil Line would not go this route, because like people have said, Momoclo has always been about doing things differently from the typical idol groups, and this kind of detracts from what got them going in the first place. I also don't like the idea that it may be necessary to keep using these sales tactics in order to maintain increased numbers in the future. But for now I'm going to hope that this does turn out to be just a one-time thing.

• Maka

January 2015
    30 Reputation
    I think momonofu is spot on.

My theory is that they consider this collaboration with KISS as a way to open a door to international market hence the needs for the CD to have a high number of sales and maybe they also promise a good sales number to KISS management, but they going the wrong way about it.

Well.. it's either that or maybe Evil Line just got greedy.

I hope this is one time deal only because I may stop supporting their single if this become regular thing.

• RevanRevan

January 2015
    230 Reputation
    stardust section 3 (3b junior tied in to kawakami in this matter) got softened and therefore gotten lured by evil line to do this kind of campaign, they got so many girls to think of that they think less whats good is for MCZ (less attention from their manager and back office) .... like i said stardust moving to wrong way

just wondering when will this thing start ? is it after the release of the third single ? cause if it's start now then it's like buying cat in the bag for the other 2 single and that is bad , and the prize will it taken from the seat that it supposed to be for Fans club share ? once again if it is than it's worse , and is it for their annual concert (bakasawagi or momokuri) cause if it is than its another bad news , if it is none of above than it still is bad (less bad but still bad)........

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    Junnosuke Miyamoto, 31, chief producer of King Record Co said:

CD sales are declining. An increasing number of people seek actual experiences rather than products. So we let them pay for such experiences at live events

Someone here posted the article. I shared the article with my colleagues but this statement is representative of the entire entertainment industry as a whole. Creating the ultimate consumer experience is the present and the future. While content is still king, if the content isn't attractive enough, why not give the consumer another incentive to buy it anyway. It's insurance of sorts and it makes perfect sense. It's risky but smart business. After all, a major part of the group's appeal is the live experience so why not exploit it. However, I can also see the concerns about diminishing the integrity of the group's art. I'm torn because I'm in the business and I'm a fan. On one hand, I love the group because I love the business of Momorio Clover Z but at the same time, I've come to really like these girls. They're amazing performers. Their songs are so darn catchy and they're so charming. I really don't want the group to become cliche and like what people have pointed out before, this strategy could be the beginning of all that. It's tough. Overall, it's an interesting debate that raises a lot of questions about the group's future. What is the longterm strategy? Is there a longterm strategy? Is it about maximizing profit while the group is popular (read: marketable and commercially successful)? Is it about developing a brand that can maintain its artistic integrity while sustaining commercial success? Labels don't care about quality, fans or art as they care about numbers so it will be interesting to see how the management tackles these issues.

*http://www.asianewsnet.net/How-live-concerts-are-reshaping-Japans-music-indus-65349.html

• January 2015
    3398 Reputation
    I don't really see what the fuss is all about.
    We're not talking AKB style here. People having to buy all 20 editions of the same single or sumthin like that.
    It's three DIFFERENT singles! So you don't take part in it you don't get to see a special gig.
    So bloody what! Nuff occasions to see them otherwise
    It would be a blow only to diehard fans. And those are going to buy all three singles anyhow.
    So chill folks :)

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation
    How about we discuss the actual single right now? Because I'm listening to Rock and Roll All Nite and it's hilariously awesome. Their English and the enthusiasm they put =)) I love it.

I don't know which part is my favourite, contenders:
    - Reni's "You drive us wild, we drive you crwaaaasaaaay."
    - Kanako's "You say you wanna go for a spin" (I'm yours Kanako, take me)
    - Momoka's "You drive us wild, we drive you crwaaaasaaaay."
    - Shiorin's "You keep on saying you'll be mine for a while"
    - Kanako's "You're looking fancy and I like your style"
    - Shiorin's "You drive us wild, we drive you crwaaaasaaaay."
    - Another "You drive us wild, we drive you crwaaaasaaaay." I can't even tell which one is signing now... where's Aarin? I can't tell Aarin apart on this song.

I better go to bed now.

• January 2015
    904 Reputation
    I find the cover absolutely adorable and hilarious. Definitely something I'm going to rock out to while working on projects XD
    I'm going to have to figure out who sings which line because they're just too adorable with the accent and everything XD

Edit: the last "You drive us wild, we drive you crwaaaasaaaay" was most likely Momoka, but I got really confused if she sang the line before that... o-o

Momoka: You show us everything you've got
    Shiorin: You keep on dancing and the room gets hot
    Reni: You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy

Kanako: You say you wanna go for a spin
    Aarin: The party's just begun, we'll let you in
    Momoka: You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy

You keep on shouting, you keep on shouting

I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day

Aarin: You keep on saying you'll be mine for a while
    Kanako: You're looking fancy and I like your style
    Shiorin: You drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy

Reni: You show us everything you've got
    Momoka(?): Baby, baby that's quite a lot
    Momoka(?): And you drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy

I wanna rock and roll

Now I can really see why the girls sang the chorus so many times in the vs KISS documentary. O-O

• January 2015
    77 Reputation
    Wait where can I see this lol? I need to see this lol

* Ignore my comment. Thanks

• InvaderInvader

January 2015
    1737 Reputation

Aarin: You keep on saying you'll be mine for a while

That one was Aarin?!? :-O How? Was she possessed? Did she record it after a night of fear and loathing in Las Vegas (since mama Aarin wasn't around) :))

Momoka(?): Baby, baby that's quite a lot

Definitely Momoka

Momoka(?): And you drive us wild, we'll drive you crazy

If "You keep on saying you'll be mine for a while" was Aarin I think this one might be Aarin too.

Edit: I listened to the song once again and I can positively say Aarin isn't on it. I think is one of the KISS guys and Hyadain used his software to make it sound like a girl 8-} 8-} 8-}

• asan

January 2015
    462 Reputation
    I couldn't help noticing that MomoClo's supposed play for an international audience has hit the japanese iTunes Store! Only the japanese iTunes Store.