[Movie and Stage Drama] Maku ga Agaru
  • August 2015
    487 Reputation
    DROPBOX ISNT WORKING AT ALL T.T

• August 2015
    372 Reputation

AMomonofu said:

Ok having problems with the download file.
    it keeps turning into photo viewer......

Here you go. The one click solution:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=04742679475212077227&t=0474267947521207722790015

• August 2015
    487 Reputation
    Thank you so muuuuuch!!!

• August 2015
    487 Reputation
    You are a life saver (^○^)

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

September 2015
    111 Reputation
    We are going to review the translation, proofread it and change the subtitle formatting up to industry standards. All of this with the collaboration and permission of the original subbers. So, if you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, look forward to our upload.

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

September 2015
    111 Reputation
    Early report from Eri's review on the translation by our friends at dzidolworld: It seems we'll recover quite a bit of the nuances in the interaction between characters. Some brief examples (Eri's corrected translation is in capitals):

He said something like done our best --> EVEN THOUGH THEY RANK US, HE SAYS IT'S OK BECAUSE WE DID OUR BEST.

It's awesome. --> I ADMIRE HER.

It's not okay at all. --> I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK.

• September 2015
    487 Reputation
    OK! Just saw Maku Ga Agaru in the Recently Added list at Dramanice. btw it's subbed so for the people who can't download.

• DJ-AN0NDJ-AN0N

September 2015
    111 Reputation
    The improved subtitles have been released. Check the MomocloChan Translation Project thread.

• alancsl

November 2015
    116 Reputation
    Momoiro Clover Z「Maku ga Agaru」wins the 40th Hochi Film Award for Special Award.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    So it's the Special Award. I wonder what the special reason was...

Don't get me wrong.
    I think it's wonderful that our girls grace the screen, and the movie certainly wasn't bad.
    But to say that it was a cinematic masterpiece would be a slight exaggeration :)

• ebizoriebizori

November 2015
    2293 Reputation
    Yes. I wonder too)

• InvaderInvader

November 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Sorry but a "special award" totally sounds like they just paid for it =)) . I don't know how prestigious those awards are, maybe it's normal for movies like theirs to win those awards.

• November 2015
    372 Reputation
    Invader said:

Sorry but a "special award" totally sounds like they just paid for it =)) . I don't know how prestigious those awards are, maybe it's normal for movies like theirs to win those awards.

They didn't pay for it, it's a real award, given out by the sports affiliate of the Yomiuri Shimbun (the newspaper with the largest circulation in the world). Last year, the same award was given to Frozen.

• InvaderInvader

November 2015
    1737 Reputation

Invader said:

They didn't pay for it, it's a real award, given out by the sports affiliate of the Yomiuri Shimbun (the newspaper with the largest circulation in the world). Last year, the same award was given to Frozen.

I meant it as in "they bribed the jury", obviously they wouldn't advertise that :)) it was a joke.

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation

Invader said:

Maku GA Agaru wasnt that bad to have people saying it didnt deserve nothing. Being a mononofu of course im biased, but im not blind.. there were certain parts where the acting wasnt great, the script had its weaknesses, the ending felt rushed considering the final act was anticlimatic. I never get tired of praising Tamai, she seemed natural as a Drama Queen, maybe the director should have pushed her character to be a little obnoxious.
    But its not like we were expecting something like "Confessions" It was a star vehicle after all. I dont have an idea how prestigious was this Award, but if past year was Frozen the winner i dont see it as an award that is too serious to arouse suspicions of foul play for awarding Maku Ga Agaru over better movies that there may be. And honestly, what other memorable comedy/drama have been released this year? For all we know the other movies they were considering were the Doraemon and Dragon Ball movies

• November 2015
    322 Reputation
    As for Maku ga Agaru, I do agree that the acting was stale at times and the ending leaves a lot to be desired, but the premise of the film was very nice and inspiring, as a lot of seishun eiga are. The film itself, and especially the cinematography and the music, I thought was very well-done. While my bias for Momoclo stands, I could see myself enjoying it even if I had no idea who these girls were. The actors aren't the only aspect of a film that determines whether or not it's good, and to be fair, they didn't do such a bad job for their first time either.
    Granted, we don't know its competitors, and being in the US, it is rather difficult to see Japanese films unless you wait and buy the BD, and even then for those who aren't good with listening to the language, it's still a challenge if it's not subbed (many Japanese BDs don't even come with Japanese captions), so in my case, I haven't seen many Japanese films that came out in the past few years because of the limited access so I have no way to compare Maku ga Agaru with other films to come out this year that may also have been considered.

• honkey5honkey5

November 2015
    304 Reputation
    Exactly. I probably would have loved it even if it had been 2 hours of MCZ lazying around on the floor, but taking the movie as a whole it was good. As a MCZ foray into acting, it was better than Momo-Dra and Tenshi To Jump.. Shirome was great for an excuse to see the girls, but as a movie, and specially as a horror movie, was mediocre

• November 2015
    116 Reputation
    Maku ga Agaru was a pretty affecting film regardless of MCZ members. Could the acting have been better? -- Yes, but it didn't undermine the script, pacing, editing or cinematography. Even then, the acting was by no means bad. I thought some performances could have had more subtlety and nuance but I think the director wanted to pull certain elements out of their deliveries, since it is a film about theater.

For a "star vehicle" film, this is certainly one of the more thought-out projects; heads and shoulders above what they did before and most films that star idols in general (budget horror films usually). I say this as someone who isn't a fan of mainstream Japanese cinema lol.

• November 2015
    3398 Reputation
    That is probably all true. But "not bad" is a rather odd reason to be given an award for :)

So no one has read anywhere what the reason for this award was?

• November 2015
    372 Reputation

That is probably all true. But "not bad" is a rather odd reason to be given an award for :)

So no one has read anywhere what the reason for this award was?

Well I'm sure there's no "reason". Art is pretty subjective. People who give out these awards just watch a lot of movies, and whichever moves them gets the prize.

These people tend to have a pretty sophisticated taste in art, but this was given out by a sports paper, so who knows why they liked it. Point is, they did.

I agree that it wasn't an award for being "not bad", though. The people who decided to give out the award really did like the movie.