[SINGLE]15th Z no Chikai
  • InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

España! Saludos tio!

Buenas :)>-

I know, right? And it's not like it even has been helping sales! I wish they would focus on putting out a single that stands on its own merits rather than fitting with some theme or other.

I'm convinced that after all this collaborations they're going to release a new album. They need to put some music out there that's just theirs, without thinking about any other fandoms.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    arinyasu said:

I wonder why the girls only do collaboration singles now... Naitemo x Akumuchan, MOON PRIDE x Sailor Moon, Yume x KISS, Seishunfu x Maku ga Agaru and now Dragon ball... It seems like evil line won't let them release singles just by the group, it's just weird...

you´re right. but to be fair, Naitemo was its own thing, it wasnt tailored to Akumuchan. And to some extent, seishunfu is more about this time of the year than the movie itself.

Come to think of it, most Momoiro singles have been linked to something , not just the ones mentioned.

Saraba x Akumichan , Mugen no ai X moretsu. momoiro dodonga was about some video game, mite mite had something to do with pokemon. Pinky jones was the opening of some anime i dont remember. Wee Tee had something to do with furbies and kokonatsu was the theme of momokuro´s first movie. Chai maxx had some relation to pro wrestling isnt it?

What id like is if Momokuro went back to making PV´s for the b-sides. Like kimi to sekai or santa san.

Or a live album like the one that came with the Neverending adventure box set ( what they lack in armony live they compensate with energy: listen to the Pinky Jones live version on that cd and tell me you dont feel like start jumping all over)

• ArudoArudo

March 2015
    44 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

...Pinky jones was the opening of some anime i dont remember...

You really don't want to remember it, trust me.
    Spoiler:
    Yosuga no Sora

honkey5 said:

What id like is if Momokuro went back to making PV´s for the b-sides. Like kimi to sekai or santa san.

As much as the PV for Kimi to Sekai seemed a "little too much" I have to agree with this. Also, all their B sides since Saraba have been much stronger than the actual single in my opinion.

• March 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Azureus said:

LoGiRL Momoka

43:11~
    They talked about "Z no Chikai".
    kwkm:I already watched PV. It's awesome.
    Momoka:I was embarrassed.
    kwkm:Why? You are so cute.
    Momoka:I'm not happy.

Momoka is reading fan's tweet(#LoGiRL).
    45:40~
    Momoka:Wow!
    kwkm:Fans have a good sixth sense.

fan's tweet
    Momoka is Chiaotzu?
    Piccolo? Namekian?

• March 2015
    77 Reputation
    LMAO. I literally just busted out laughing at the thought of her as Chiaotzu. Gosh I can't wait to see this video.

• March 2015
    449 Reputation

Come to think of it, most Momoiro singles have been linked to something , not just the ones mentioned.

Correct. You can look at Momoclo's Japanese wikipedia page and see that the majority of their songs are tied to something. The same goes for Ebichu and Syachi nowadays; Stardust is really, really good at getting tie-ins for their groups, and they are essential to making and keeping an idol group relevant.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation

honkey5 said:

As much as the PV for Kimi to Sekai seemed a "little too much" I have to agree with this. Also, all their B sides since Saraba have been much stronger than the actual single in my opinion.

Was this an attempt from Kawakami-P to make fun of AKB48 who relies too much on gravure to keep the male attention, or was it a genuine attempt to showcase the sexier side of Momokuro? Anyway, great song, weird PM

• March 2015
    93 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Was this an attempt from Kawakami-P to make fun of AKB48 who relies too much on gravure to keep the male attention, or was it a genuine attempt to showcase the sexier side of Momokuro? Anyway, great song, weird PM

It's so over the top that I always assumed it was supposed to be parody. But looking at it again, it doesn't really seem to be played for laughs.
    Maybe it's supposed to be both. ;)

• March 2015
    131 Reputation
    I think the group hadn't solidly figured out their style or fanbase yet, so they were trying different approaches to see what appealed best.

• InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I think kokonatsu made more fun of gravure photoshoots than Kimi to Sekai. At least in that one they're wearing bikinis over the clothes and doing some weird and uncomfortable things with water and such. Kimi to sekai is a bit too serious and dark to be taken as mockery and not just as a concept gone wrong...

• March 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^ I just watched it. I was very uncomfortable watching it mostly because it looks like kids playing 'sexy' dress up. It's super awkward.

I'm curious as to what a new album would sound like? They're all practically young adults now so it would be interesting to see what they produce.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

I'm curious as to what a new album would sound like? They're all practically young adults now so it would be interesting to see what they produce.

Probably on the vein of "Hitotsubu no Egao de… " and "Yuku haru kuru haru", making more emphasis on harmonies and vocals than weird music tricks like on 5TH Dimension (not complaining on that one, i love Kasou dystopia) I know the girls are working hard to improve their vocals because there will come the day when they wont be doing "Ikuze!" with all the wild acrobatics. The girls like you said are young woman so that should be reflected on the songs.
    Of course there will be bombastic stuff, maybe big orchestral intros, huge deafening chorus. Will likely have "Gounn", "Moon Pride", and "Nantemo Iindayo". Probably "Seishunfu". And of course a lot of fans will say that dthey didnt like it and how they miss songs like "Pinky Jones". That can´t be helped tough

I hope it comes this year. And i hope there is a limited edition with a bonus cd of solo stuff ala Battle & Romance. Maybe Momokachan´s "Eien no trinity". Another Enka number by Renichan

• March 2015
    77 Reputation
    I love Pink Jones lol It's so fun. Anyway, I'm all for harmonies and ballads. Those are my sweet spots. I definitely want to hear some of their vocal growth and I definitely wanna hear more of Momoka's gorgeous lower register (Read: "Naitemo Iindayo"). I also wanna hear more of Aarin's vocal growth. I'm really liking her vocals as of late. More of this, dear Aarin!

Speaking of Momoka and that Tenkasu trio single, I need it in my life ASAP. It's so good.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

I also wanna hear more of Aarin's vocal growth. I'm really liking her vocals as of late. More of this, dear Aarin!

Arin was my least favorite Momokuro; i used to find her "cute" voice a bit annoying since im not a big fan of idols who are too much in character . But since i found Arin-Robo hilarious i gave her a second chance, which im glasd sbecause she has grown a lot as a singer, she comes across as a real pro during live performances. I love that

Also, the scene when she makes the Akanbe face (sticks out her tongue at KISS) on the "Yume no ukyo" always cracks me up. :_)

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    Speaking of Shojo Ikuze, Kanako's shrimp jump has gotten lazy - or she just can't do it as good as she used to.

• March 2015
    77 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Bin82501 said:

I also wanna hear more of Aarin's vocal growth. I'm really liking her vocals as of late. More of this, dear Aarin!

Arin was my least favorite Momokuro; i used to find her "cute" voice a bit annoying since im not a big fan of idols who are too much in character . But since i found Arin-Robo hilarious i gave her a second chance, which im glasd sbecause she has grown a lot as a singer, she comes across as a real pro during live performances. I love that

Also, the scene when she makes the Akanbe face (sticks out her tongue at KISS) on the "Yume no ukyo" always cracks me up. :_)

That hiccup still irritates me but I like that she's not using it as much. She definitely sounds better live. I really like her singing on "Naitemo Iindayo". In general, they sound really good when they sing this song live. I think it's because it's a lower register and they can sing in their natural voices which I love.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Speaking of Shojo Ikuze, Kanako's shrimp jump has gotten lazy - or she just can't do it as good as she used to.

Err.. she did it recently on this show and it was good. I think that its because they usually do "Ikuze" later on the concerts and she must be a bit tired by then. Last year´s Neverending adventure "Ikuze" was the 3rd song and the jump was spectacular

• March 2015
    73 Reputation
    It's a bittersweet feeling, kind of, seeing them grow up and grow into their voices. I still like hearing the old songs, even things like Rough Style (non-Z version) where they literally are kids and they are more tinny and can't hit all of the ranges correctly. But of course hearing their voices mature and getting more serious songs is neat, too. I like the mix. And even with their growing maturity, they are still young, and do a lot of fun stuff. I'm sure they'll revisit old fun favorites at performances even when their collection of newer stuff is larger.

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    They were decent, but I don't think they've been on the level of something like these:

http://culture.cdjapan.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/momo-top.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/AFvpA60.jpg

I can understand them being tired doing Ikuze later in the performance though. And naturally, Kanako has grown up and thus gotten taller and heavier. It's probably tougher than when she was younger.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

Speaking of Momoka and that Tenkasu trio single, I need it in my life ASAP. It's so good.

Manager Kwkm, answer our prayers!