[SINGLE]15th Z no Chikai
  • honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Badalight said:

And naturally, Kanako has grown up and thus gotten taller and heavier. It's probably tougher than when she was younger.

This. Also, since kanako fell onstage once, kawakami probably has told her to not overdo it. And with A-rin breaking her leg twice and Momokachan getting sick too often, probably they would have to cancel concerts if dekochan was absent

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    Is there a video of that fall, btw?

• March 2015
    644 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Badalight said:

And naturally, Kanako has grown up and thus gotten taller and heavier. It's probably tougher than when she was younger.

This. Also, since kanako fell onstage once, kawakami probably has told her to not overdo it. And with A-rin breaking her leg twice and Momokachan getting sick too often, probably they would have to cancel concerts if dekochan was absent

I'd say it's because her "shrimp jump" stretching yoga mat was stolen and given to a fan. lol

• March 2015
    78 Reputation
    Are you serious?

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation

Cannot get dekochan injured. Altought Kanako-robo would be hilarious, imagine leader being even more idiot

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Badalight said:

Is there a video of that fall, btw?

Cannot say that i looked for that one, dont really wanna see dekochan landing on her butt.

There would be gifs popping on this blog from the black humored fans, dont you think?

• InvaderInvader

March 2015
    1737 Reputation
    I think I remember watching a performance in which Kanako didn't land the Ebizori jump correctly. However, I think the time that was reported that she fell was for an event that wasn't recorded. Also yes, I would have made gifs of that :)) she didn't get hurt so it's not mean or anything.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Lol. I would avert my eyes to see that. I cringe whenever i see the joke management made to momokuro when they made them sit on broken chairs. Especially momokachan, you can tell she hurts when she falls

• March 2015
    144 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Bin82501 said:

I'm curious as to what a new album would sound like? They're all practically young adults now so it would be interesting to see what they produce.

Probably on the vein of "Hitotsubu no Egao de… " and "Yuku haru kuru haru", making more emphasis on harmonies and vocals than weird music tricks like on 5TH Dimension (not complaining on that one, i love Kasou dystopia) I know the girls are working hard to improve their vocals because there will come the day when they wont be doing "Ikuze!" with all the wild acrobatics. The girls like you said are young woman so that should be reflected on the songs.

I think the thing mentioned before about all the recent singles being theme song type tracks may have to do with this. Because everyone is quite a bit older than when the group started, the management may be trying to find a new sort of style for the group. I thought a while ago that going more in the direction of anisong artists might be a good way to proceed for a more mature group, and I suspect that this may be where management is trying to go now.

As for a new album, I think that more of the experimental direction suggested by the videos from 5th Dimension would be good. One thing I've found disappointing with the post-5th Dimension stuff is that they kind of implied that things were going to get more experimental and out there than ever - there was supposed to be a big musical evolution. Instead, I feel like the singles have been going in a more conventional direction with every one. I'm really hoping that things will go back in a progressive/experimental direction on the next album and its associated "era" of singles. This also would fit with transitioning to more mature styles imo.

• March 2015
    372 Reputation

One thing I've found disappointing with the post-5th Dimension stuff is that they kind of implied that things were going to get more experimental and out there than ever - there was supposed to be a big musical evolution. Instead, I feel like the singles have been going in a more conventional direction with every one.

In fairness, Gounn (which came after 5th Dimension, if I'm not mistaken) WAS more experimental than anything they've done before. The more I listen to that song, the more I love it. It is mind blowing. And the concert DVD that comes with it is just sublime. But I seriously doubt the general public felt the same way. So their management wised up.

When you're catering to a general audience, there's only so much "experimental" that you can do. And expecting MCZ to just throw away their popularity and go all out experimental would be unreasonable.

It sucks, but people have to compromise. Hopefully, once we figure out how to live forever (well not forever, but for a long, long time), that will change.

• March 2015
    144 Reputation
    ^ I don't know, I'd say that Kuroi Shuumatsu or Neo Stargate, along with a few others, are more experimental than Gounn in terms of song structure and varying themes. I actually thought the music from that soundtrack that went with the Gounn concert was the most unusual sounding material associated with that single.

Regardless, I don't think it's that necessary to use a more mainstream sound for appealing to the general audience now - one of the big reasons Momoclo ever became so popular was because they did things differently than other idol groups, and having more experimental music was an important part of that. I think it actually helped their popularity in the overall population because they have appeal beyond the wota crowd that idol groups usually play to. Because of this, I think it's kind of questionable not to stay the course that Momoclo was on before 5th Dimension - it got them to where they are now.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    I dont think the plan right now within the MCZ camp is to be more experimental but to make music that is coherent with where the girls are right now, which is, at the end of an era. The girls are al highschool graduates, the movie and the kiss colaboration are steps ahead to a renovation of what MCZ is. Like someone said on another thread, the concerts are huge events that resemble olympic game ceremonies. They are losing fans along the way, gaining new ones. They are no longer on a competition with AKB48 and Morning Musume, they already have overtaken them. But they have yet to come with a single that gets their legacy in music history etched in stone. Their own SWEAT & TEARS, their own KUCHIBIRU NETWORK, their song that at sports events the entire stadiums starts chanting imprompt
    Of course, having a more experimental material doesnt mean it has to be dense and boring, noncommercial music. If someone can put a polka mixed with black metal drumming and still make it fun, thats Momokuro

• vimoralvimoral

March 2015
    1424 Reputation
    Invader said:

Spain is also one of the few places that changed the name of Kame-hame-ha. Here it's known as "Onda Vital" basically meaning Vital Wave.

So yeah, we struggle when it comes to names of songs and things of Dragon Ball.

Buenas noches! ;)
    Not in all Spain, in Catalonia was also kamehameha and not censored, just as the talks are more conformed to the original version.

• March 2015
    372 Reputation

Regardless, I don't think it's that necessary to use a more mainstream sound for appealing to the general audience now - one of the big reasons Momoclo ever became so popular was because they did things differently than other idol groups, and having more experimental music was an important part of that. I think it actually helped their popularity in the overall population because they have appeal beyond the wota crowd that idol groups usually play to.

I think what makes them this popular is the ability to walk a tight rope between the conventional and the experimental. Straying too far in either direction would cost them dearly.

• honkey5honkey5

March 2015
    304 Reputation
    Invader said:

Is the whole single Dragon Ball related? Because Cha-la head-cha-la makes me think of Euro-Pop

https://youtu.be/asyO6tonbLQ

By the way and back to the DBZ single, this is the original version of chala head chala.

• all9all9

April 2015
    371 Reputation
    So this is the real costume of new single LOL
    http://momoclo.net & http://www.evilline.com/momoclo/profile

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1737 Reputation
    Yeah, I got the feeling they unveiled the costumes on April fools but that those are actually real. The pic looks heavily photoshoped so I don't know how the costumes would look like in real life.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2015
    304 Reputation
    Im not sure why the DBZ themed costumes are inspired on a "bad guy" character. It´s like if they were to make the song for, say, Batman, and they were to dress like The Joker.

Anyway, whatever that gives us more Momokuro is OK with me. But i wish the "Maku ga agaru/seishunfu" look would last longer :/

• April 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^ Me too. They looked cute in those uniforms. I like the Freza look too. It's really cool.

• InvaderInvader

April 2015
    1737 Reputation

Well, I guess they're not dancing on those. I'm curious to see the outfits they use to perform while they promote.