july 2nd-5th Los Angeles Convention Center
    http://www.anime-expo.org/
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/147498

July 2
    Headliner:Momoiro Clover Z
    Guest:Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons

• May 2015
    77 Reputation
    Great thread! I'm super excited for them. LA is a big and influential city and selfishly, I'm hoping they have a great experience so they'll come back to the States. Since it's at the Convention, I'm really curious about their set up and their setlist bar the obvious numbers.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I hope we don't have to see the KISS guys are only on stage for the collaboration. More MCZ the better, I say.

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

I'm hoping they have a great experience so they'll come back to the States.

My toughts exactly. It s unlikely they would do an America tour on theatres/clubs when they are doing stadiums in japan, but i hope they do realize there are mononofus in america and europe too and ( i hope ) they see its not a small number

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    Bin82501 said:

Great thread! I'm super excited for them. LA is a big and influential city and selfishly, I'm hoping they have a great experience so they'll come back to the States. Since it's at the Convention, I'm really curious about their set up and their setlist bar the obvious numbers.

The concert is not at the convention center. The Nokia building is next to the Staple Center. I'm hoping for Kaitou Shoujo so I can witness the Ebizori Jump live. I assume they'll play some of the anime songs. So probably Z no Chikia, Mouretsu, Mite Mite, Moon Pride, Saraba, Nippon Egao Hyakkei, and I think Pinky Jones? I'd be happy with these :D

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Bin82501 said:

I'm hoping they have a great experience so they'll come back to the States.

My toughts exactly. It s unlikely they would do an America tour on theatres/clubs when they are doing stadiums in japan, but i hope they do realize there are mononofus in america and europe too and ( i hope ) they see its not a small number

What I'm hoping is for them to be so impress that they'll not only return to the states or Europe but also start making some subbed DVD/Blu rays. Open their eyes to the potential market outside of Japan. It would be awesome to not have to go through some 3rd party vendor to get stuff lol.

• May 2015
    77 Reputation
    Lak said:

Bin82501 said:

The concert is not at the convention center. The Nokia building is next to the Staple Center. I'm hoping for Kaitou Shoujo so I can witness the Ebizori Jump live. I assume they'll play some of the anime songs. So probably Z no Chikia, Mouretsu, Mite Mite, Moon Pride, Saraba, Nippon Egao Hyakkei, and I think Pinky Jones? I'd be happy with these :D

LOL my mistake and yeah that sounds about right.

And yes to your second point! That would be AMAZING. I hate having to go through my Japanese friend to get stuff (she's not a fan at all lol) .

• AzureusAzureus

May 2015
    1484 Reputation
    Just came back from vacation and saw this awesome news. Though I live on the east coast, I'm willing to go but paying for the Premier Fan just to see Momoclo is to much for me. It's not that I can't afford it, cost of other expenses to get there is to high. At least I'm happy for the girls finally get to do a concert in the states. Hope you guys have fun that are going.

• May 2015
    567 Reputation
    Really excited for this, hope to meet and talk to a lot of you there!

• May 2015
    17 Reputation
    I wish I could go. I've always wanted to be in attendance for Momoclo's first American concert. But sadly, it's on the other side of the country from me (why couldn't it have been New York instead?!!!) and I just don't have the money to travel. Anyway, hope everyone who goes enjoys themselves. Give them a reason to come back in the future, guys.

• May 2015
    79 Reputation
    I am especially happy that I will be part of momoclo history.

• May 2015
    925 Reputation

I wish I could go. I've always wanted to be in attendance for Momoclo's first American concert. But sadly, it's on the other side of the country from me (why couldn't it have been New York instead?!!!) and I just don't have the money to travel. Anyway, hope everyone who goes enjoys themselves. Give them a reason to come back in the future, guys.

It's okay, my fellow mononofu. I'm in the same situation. But consider this. The US is pretty big and if an entertainer wants to reach a global audience, they would have to go to both sides. If the girls consider coming back to America after the events of Anime Expo , their next stop could be on the East Coast. But for now, have fun, those of you that can go! *-* Do it for yourselves and those unable to attend! *-*

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    Babymetal made their debut in LA too. It was a small venue I was fortunate to have attended. I'm sure it was them testing the interest in the states. Impressed with the fans reaction/interest, a couple months later they did a show in NY. Although not the same type of show for momoclo, I'm sure they're using AX to get a feel of the interest. I'll be doing my best to show them my support. So that they will return for more shows. That should be the mission for everyone attending, give them our all and hope its enough for them to see its worth returning AND expanding to more locations

• May 2015
    77 Reputation
    ^^ Absolutely. I want them to have the most positive experience possible. We live vicariously through you! Make us proud!

• AzureusAzureus

May 2015
    1484 Reputation
    They probably will sing Z no Chikai, they might sing it in english. Please let us know how it sound like for those who are going.

• May 2015
    79 Reputation
    I hoping Kiss doesn't take over as MC or anything just because MCZ don't speak English very well. I'd be fine if they just did everything in Japanese, but even better if they struggled through with Engrish. They can play whatever they want as long as they play Ikuze Kaito Shoujo. Pleaseeeeeeee.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    Azureus said:

They probably will sing Z no Chikai, they might sing it in english. Please let us know how it sound like for those who are going.

I'm pretty certain they'll sing Z no Chika along with some of the other anime related songs. After all its an anime convention.
    Badalight said:

I hoping Kiss doesn't take over as MC or anything just because MCZ don't speak English very well. I'd be fine if they just did everything in Japanese, but even better if they struggled through with Engrish. They can play whatever they want as long as they play Ikuze Kaito Shoujo. Pleaseeeeeeee.

KISS is just there to promote themselves, I just hope they don't talk too long. What I'm also hoping for is that they'll sell some MCZ merchandise there.

• May 2015
    131 Reputation
    What are the chances of being able to get tickets with a regular pass? I really don't have so much interest in the rest of the convention, let alone the cost of staying extra days.

• May 2015
    79 Reputation

What are the chances of being able to get tickets with a regular pass? I really don't have so much interest in the rest of the convention, let alone the cost of staying extra days.

The venue fits 7,000 people and I don't think they even sell 7,000 premiere badges... that's also assuming every premiere badge holder wants to attend this event (which in on a Thursday, one of the deadest days of the con). I'm not worried about getting a ticket, I'm worried about how far back I'll be.

In fact, the venue might not even sell out at all. Just be sure to get tickets on the day it goes up (which should probably be 1 day after it goes up for premiere badge holders).

• May 2015
    131 Reputation
    Will they announce meet and greets and the like before day passes go on sale?

• May 2015
    567 Reputation
    I agree with Badalight, I think you'll be able to secure a ticket without premier badge, but definitely keep an eye on this page for updates when the tickets are up.

Nothing has been announced yet but at these conventions often times they will have something you can buy at the merchandise booth that will give you a photo-op/singing/handshake with the performers. Keep that in mind if you are staying just a night for the show as this *could* happen the day after the concert. (Or keep some extra cash saved up in case you want to extend your trip!)