[Event] Anime Expo 2015
  • May 2015
    78 Reputation

Will they announce meet and greets and the like before day passes go on sale?

Man it really depends. Some of the smaller musical acts in the past have had scheduled times that you could meet them at their booths, but I really wouldn't plan for this to happen with momoclo (it's certainly possibly, but don't get your hopes up).

I'd say it's pretty likely that they'll have an autograph session, but again don't get your hopes up. Even if they do, it's not like you'll have extended time to chat and take pictures with them or anything. You'll wait in line probably for hours and get maybe 30 seconds with each member.

I'm not trying to discourage you or anything, but keep your expectations in check.

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    30 seconds with each member... doesnt seem like a bad deal

But i get your meaning. Its not like the girls are gonna be sitting in a booth, staring at their feet, waiting for people to come close

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

30 seconds with each member... doesnt seem like a bad deal

But i get your meaning. Its not like the girls are gonna be sitting in a booth, staring at their feet, waiting for people to come close

30 seconds is plenty of time to hand them something or fumble words about how you love them so much lol. Hell, even 10 seconds is WAY better than none

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    Badalight is right tough. Lets get back to the ground

Yet i cannot stop daydreaming of meeting Momokachan in person

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I'm already going to the concert, I didn't think it would ever happen unless I somehow got to Japan. So anything else is really just a bonus for me. I won't ruin my experience if they don't show up in the lounge, but one can always hope :D

Also I'm planning to work on some prints. Gonna try to do 5 of them, one for each girl. I posted on the FB group about it. I was asking people to post stuff about the girls that would be representative of their personalities. So I can try to add some of that into the drawing. So, if anyone wants to list a few things about the girls. Please feel free to do so. In a few days ( so people can have time to respond ) I will start picking some of the traits/situations and combine them in one image to try to best represent each girl. I'm not sure how many prints I'll make yet or what size....I'm already spending more money than I should be for this event. Maybe I'll ask for $1 donation (optional) for them, just to try to make some money back. Anyways lemme know what you think

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    Oh I agree that 30 seconds is about 30 seconds more than I'd ever think I would get, so I'm not complaining or anything at all. I just want to make sure people keep their expectations in check as to not be disappointed. Some people are spending quite a lot of money on this trip. I was going on this trip anyway so this is all great news to me.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    The way I see it, whatever I spend. It will still be cheaper than flying to Japan and getting a ticket, hotel and food for the concert. So speaking for myself, I'm willing to spend what I can for this rare opportunity. I'm just grateful that its actually happening.

• dgmdnHDdgmdnHD

May 2015
    20 Reputation
    I’m going to this. Bought the AX premiere fan package as soon as I heard about MCZ being guests. I’m beyond excited. Although I’ve only been a fan for less than a year I’ve quickly become very fond of them. I never in a million years thought I would get the chance to see them live. Plane tickets and hotel will be pricey, but I don’t want to miss this opportunity.

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    Don't wait on hotels guys. Everything in the general vicinity is going to be sold out for AX.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    The girls will be singing the English version of Z No Chikia according to this NHK World News:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=gCrijoskWMk&app=desktop

• May 2015
    50 Reputation
    Man am I late! I knew about the news guys, but I had been so busy planning and prepping for the Scandal concert, so I have been MIA for along time.(Don't hate me for the temp. leave for Scandal :( ). I am glad you made a separate thread for this Amazing event. Anyways I am ready to go all out and would love to meet all of you. So the big question is what are we planning!? :D
    *Sorry for being all over the place and maybe over excited

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

Man am I late! I knew about the news guys, but I had been so busy planning and prepping for the Scandal concert, so I have been MIA for along time.(Don't hate me for the temp. leave for Scandal :( ). I am glad you made a separate thread for this Amazing event. Anyways I am ready to go all out and would love to meet all of you. So the big question is what are we planning!? :D
    *Sorry for being all over the place and maybe over excited

Maybe we can all get together after the concert to hang out andeat? I'm sure we'll work out an appetite.

• May 2015
    472 Reputation
    I'm down for a meetup for sure!

Not sure if anyone has already planned this but perhaps we could also bring a gift on behalf of momoiroclover.net?

@Daflightking I was at the Scandal shows in Chicago/LA/Anaheim, perhaps we already met? :)

• Dave

May 2015
    21 Reputation
    I'm really excited about this as well and messaged AX to see if there were going to be a panel, autographs, or photo ops but they pretty much told me to stay tuned. I am only going to the expo for this (I live in Chicago) so I hate to buy the $300 ticket but will if that's what it takes to guarantee good seats. It's too bad there isn't more info yet. This could have came at a better time since I just got back from the first part of the Babymetal tour but I'm just glad I can pull it off.

• Dave

May 2015
    21 Reputation
    And does anyone think being an Angel Eyes member will be of any help for anything there? I'm planning on going to Japan at the end of the year for X-mas and bought a membership to help get tickets and it would be awesome if I could use it for this event as well.

• May 2015
    50 Reputation

I'm down for a meetup for sure!

Not sure if anyone has already planned this but perhaps we could also bring a gift on behalf of momoiroclover.net?

@Daflightking I was at the Scandal shows in Chicago/LA/Anaheim, perhaps we already met? :)

Yes that is a wonderful Idea! I am already on it and have been messaging the admin and some of the people that are going for sure. If you would like to be apart of this and if anyone else would like to be apart of this please inbox. I want to get as many people to participate to show Momokuro how much we support them in the states. Also I leave close to the committee of the Anime Expo and I don't live to far away from where AX will be so I think it will be the easiest for me to plan out.

Let's do or best to show Momokuro our love guys!

• May 2015
    50 Reputation
    Dave said:

And does anyone think being an Angel Eyes member will be of any help for anything there? I'm planning on going to Japan at the end of the year for X-mas and bought a membership to help get tickets and it would be awesome if I could use it for this event as well.

It is possible I will ask for you, because I hear people got perks for having a fan club card for Scandal when they toured in California.

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    I made my account upon reading through this thread. Been lurking for a good while. Nice to meet everyone!
    Anyhow, super excited for this. I'm a regular pass holder so there's a tiny bit of stress there but overall I think it'll be fine. There's no way I could afford the Premier pack -- I am jobless and still in high school, after all -- but it's still pretty much a miracle that we'd even get to see MomoClo for the first time in the States. I mean, I definitely haven't been a fan for as long as a lot of other people here (I discovered them with Moon Pride and really got into them thanks to Z no Chikai), so it must mean a lot more to those who have been waiting years and years and haven't been able to go to Japan. For that, I say, the wait shall have been worth it!! I hope to meet all the mononofu there!

• May 2015
    163 Reputation

• May 2015
    78 Reputation
    FYI the pre-reg badge line last year on day 0 was a 10 hour wait. Apparently it should be much more smooth this year but who knows how much it will have grown from last year to this year. Don't expect it to be short though.