[Event] Anime Expo 2015
  • honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation
    After seeing the schedula, i have a question; what oes it mean "KILL LA KILL 1-3?" will they screen the first 3 episodes of KLK?

Dumb question maybe, but i´ve never been to an Anime Con and im curious since im a KILL LA KILL fan

• June 2015
    322 Reputation
    Yep. Throughout the days programming/video rooms screen the first three episodes of whatever anime series is shown in the schedule. It's actually pretty cool if you want to check out something new or connect with fans of the same series. The screens are pretty big, though they always use subtitles and never show dubs so if there are a lot of people and you get a seat in the back, good luck to ya.
    Lots of fans complained about it during the screening of "Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala" I went to, but regardless they refused to show the dub. So be weary of that if you plan on going to the KLK one or any other for that matter.

• honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation
    Thanks. I havent heard KLK dubbed but im more than fine with the original voice cast (i find Ryuko´s voice so damn sexy)

I remember someone Invader pointed out that Shiorin´s likeness on "Yume no Saitemina" was modeled after KILL LA KILL´s Mako, so there you go.

Imagine MCZ crashing the KILL LA KILL panel after the concert. Lol

• June 2015
    904 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Thanks. I havent heard KLK dubbed but im more than fine with the original voice cast (i find Ryuko´s voice so damn sexy)

I remember someone Invader pointed out that Shiorin´s likeness on "Yume no Saitemina" was modeled after KILL LA KILL´s Mako, so there you go.

Imagine MCZ crashing the KILL LA KILL panel after the concert. Lol

I'm attending a TRIGGER autograph session and panel this Saturday and Sushio (the animation director of KLK and the PV) will be there. I always wondered if Mako was based off of Shiorin or just Shiorin's animated persona was based off of Mako (and Satsuki based off of Akarin for the sake of bushy eyebrows and beautiful hair) so I might try to ask. Already got a Shiorin dressed as Mako sketch ready to give him, anyway :D

• June 2015
    78 Reputation
    I thought Sushio wasn't gonna be there? Maybe I'm wrong.

• June 2015
    904 Reputation
    He tweeted he arrived in New Jersey about a day or two ago and it's listed in the pamphlet and website that he'll be accompanying other members of TRIGGER. His tweets can make me skeptical a bit because some are submited in the middle of the night at restaurants.

• June 2015
    322 Reputation
    Speaking of Sushio, he's the funniest guy ever, you'll love him.
    He loves to be worshipped so try to start a "Sushio!" chant ahaha.

• June 2015
    163 Reputation
    Momoclo interview in Lighthouse magazine regarding the AX live. (page 22)

• June 2015
    904 Reputation

Speaking of Sushio, he's the funniest guy ever, you'll love him.
    He loves to be worshipped so try to start a "Sushio!" chant ahaha.

I'll literally shout "SUSHIO-SENSEI!!!!" and act like a ridiculously nervous fangirl since I admire his style *-*
    Will try to talk about the girls with him *-*

• June 2015
    322 Reputation

Momoclo interview in Lighthouse magazine regarding the AX live. (page 22)

I'm reading this now. I might as well translate it for everyone as well, it's pretty cool stuff so far.

• June 2015
    904 Reputation
    Okay. The line was huge so I couldn't get the four guys from TRIGGER to sign the screenshot from the PV. BUT because I was holding onto it as they were signing my KILL la KILL shirt so they noticed and commented about it. One asked if I was going to LA and said it's too bad I can't (but I'll be there in spirit) but cheered me up by saying MomoClo will be featured in their panel tonight. What's even more amazing is that Sushio-sensei decided to draw me a marker sketch of Kanako that made me so happy I was flipping out because the waiting in line made me a complete mess.

• June 2015
    163 Reputation
    wait, momoclo is in NJ?

• June 2015
    904 Reputation
    If they were, I wouldn't be posting this until tomorrow due to shock. TRIGGER was here which made me happy because the art style really amazed me so I went to an autograph session. I just had a screenshot of the vs KISS pv so Sushio drew Kanako for me *w*
    As for the panel, I think they're including the animation process for the pv and hopefully a future project *-*

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    Here is the drawing she got from Sushio:

• June 2015
    322 Reputation
    Worked all day on this in between running a bunch of errands. Forgive me for the wait, but I have translated the article which talks about Anime Expo. Some parts of the translation and typesetting may be a little shaky but I think I hit the main points pretty well.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    Thank you for the translation. It's greatly appreciated :)>-

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    I think we should tweet kwkm and tell him to give us a normal momoclo concert and not an anime focused one lol I'll do that. Don't forget hashtag #meetmomoclo

• June 2015
    322 Reputation
    Are there enough anime songs to cover the whole three hours though? Ahaha.
    Personally I'd love it if they did their solos, but that's a long shot lol.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    Well, I plan on sending him tweets making requests for merch, meet&greet, autograph session and songs regardless. But I think if enough people request something, they MIGHT consider it. A long shot, yes but its worth a try

• dcpoor

June 2015
    33 Reputation