[Event] Anime Expo 2015
  • May 2015
    116 Reputation

Yes. Gakugeeeekai what other groups have you heard from? I would love to chat with them :)

Mostly general idol communities like JPH!P, Nihongogo, NSK, AKB SoCal fan club, etc. I don't know how many of them will show up but there's usually several from multiple places. I don't really think I'm active enough with any of them, I mostly know them through twitter and such lol

• May 2015
    163 Reputation

• May 2015
    116 Reputation

You should let them know about our meetup so we call all get together.

It'll all depend on when they actually come since everyone as far as i know are working around their own schedules, but I'll let the peeps know. It will probably be hard to miss a gathering of momoclo wota though so we'll all probably end up around the same place :U

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

You should let them know about our meetup so we call all get together.

It'll all depend on when they actually come since everyone as far as i know are working around their own schedules, but I'll let the peeps know. It will probably be hard to miss a gathering of momoclo wota though so we'll all probably end up around the same place :U

I'll probably meet some people in the lounge before the concert. But I'm sure most people will be meeting right before or after the concert. Obviously most of us will be there at that time so it'll be easier to find people.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I just tweeted to AX asking:
    "How come there is no mention to Momoiro Clover Z's contribution to anime at all in your guest bio? Its should be noted"
    You'd think that for an anime event, they would at least include credit for Z no Chikia since DBZ is HUGE

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    Yeah, this isn't Saitama 2011 before they had anime songs other than Pinky Jones and Mirai Bowl (and I didn't even know those were anime themes until recently; those anime were niche at best anyway).
    With Sailor Moon AND Dragon Ball Z under their belts, it's worth mentioning them, for an anime convention no less. All they mentioned was the KISS collab, right? Strange...

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    This is ALL they have on them:

MOMOIRO CLOVER Z

Starting out as the “Idols you can meet now,” Momoiro Clover Z made their major debut in May of 2010 with “Let’s Go! Phantom Thief Girls.” Their 2nd album “5TH DIMENSION,” was the first to reach the 1st position in the Oricon Weekly Chart, then in March of 2014 they had their “2DAYS” concert in the National Olympic Stadium, something that they truly desired. At the end of last year, they made their 3rd appearance in NHK’s Kouhaku Uta Gassen show. Momoiro Clover Z has already released 3 singles during this first half of 2015.

Not very good for promoting at an anime event. Its almost as if they don't even know they contributed to anime.

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    I doubt that most casual anime fans even know what Kouhaku is. Even though it is a big deal it's not a smart move for AX. They seem to be aiming this whole thing for general J-Pop fans rather than anime fans, regardless of the connection Momoclo has to it.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

I doubt that most casual anime fans even know what Kouhaku is. Even though it is a big deal it's not a smart move for AX. They seem to be aiming this whole thing for general J-Pop fans rather than anime fans, regardless of the connection Momoclo has to it.

The problem with that is that J-Pop fans would probably already know that stuff. While anime fans might not know who sang the songs to the anime, but will recognize the song. I have a nephew whos big into anime but no interest in J-Pop. He heard Mugen no Ai and instantly recognized it from the anime but no clue to who the singers were until he saw that I was listening to Momoclo

• May 2015
    19 Reputation
    i made momoclo anime song list;

-original song
    ピンキージョーンズ
    ミライボウル
    ワニとシャンプー
    猛烈宇宙交響曲・第七楽章「無限の愛」
    LOST CHILD
    みてみて☆こっちっち
    ニッポン笑顔百景
    MOON PRIDE
    月虹
    『Z』の誓い

-cover song(CD TITLE)
    Believe (入口のない出口)
    最強パレパレード (入口のない出口)
    ムーンライト伝説(セーラームーン トリビュート アルバム)
    タキシード・ミラージュ(セーラームーン トリビュート アルバム)
    Moon Revenge (MOON PRIDE)
    CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA ( Zの誓い)

-cover song (performance only)
    invoke(original T.M.Revolution)
    マジLOVE1000%(original スフィア)

• May 2015
    322 Reputation

ロマンティックこんがらがってる

Is this an anime song? I haven't heard anything of it, it's a B-Side no less.

• May 2015
    19 Reputation

ロマンティックこんがらがってる

Is this an anime song? I haven't heard anything of it, it's a B-Side no less.

its not anime song , sorry.

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    Based on the list, I'm going to predict that they will sing:

'Z' no Chikai
    Possibly HEAD-CHA-LA
    Moon Pride
    Possibly Moonlight Densetsu
    Possibly Gekkou
    Mugen no Ai
    Lost Child
    And hopefully some non-anime songs.

This is just going by the popularity of the anime. Space Pirates is the only show that isn't maistream that has any real popularity (at least recently) among anime fans, so that's why I included its themes. Even though Mite Mite Kocchicchi is a Pokemon song, I don't expect them to sing that since US fans have no way to attain the Japanese version of the show legally, and the English dub is more popular anyway (and it replaces its Japanese theme songs with localised English ones so probably only few US Pokemon fans even know the song exists). It'd be pretty lame to hear mainly covers of other anime songs instead of original songs, though, so hopefully they'll focus on them as a group rather than the Anime Expo.

But, judging how this event is probably only to test the waters in the United States, I'm hoping for a variety of their stuff.

Edit:
    Also forgot about KISS being on stage with them, so let's also add "Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina" to the for-sure list.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

Even though Mite Mite Kocchicchi is a Pokemon song, I don't expect them to sing that since US fans have no way to attain the Japanese version of the show legally, and the English dub is more popular anyway (and it replaces its Japanese theme songs with localised English ones so probably only few US Pokemon fans even know the song exists).

I dunno about that, we are talking about ANIME fans. Most anime fans like to watch shows in its original format. There are plenty of sites to watch fansubbed anime or even download from torrents. I don't think the people who's only Pokemon exposure comes from US TV are really anime fans. I doubt they can name other anime shows that aren't ruined by network TV. Real fans go to the source, they aren't satisfied with the trash the US networks put out.

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    Well, Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z in particular are exceptions.
    I love the Japanese version of DBZ and I get so much hate for it because "Goku sounds like a girl" or whatever, and most of the fans prefer the English version, whereas for other anime they prefer the original. Pokemon is not as harsh, but it's also nostalgia based, and since they don't have the old voices anymore that they grew up with, most Pokemon fans have lost interest in the anime as a whole, English or Japanese. Mainly kids watch it on TV, I don't know too many people who still watch the Pokemon anime, let alone in Japanese.

Going by what you say, I would assume they're in the same boat as your nephew then. Which again, points to AX's error of not listing what they've contributed to the anime world.
    But maybe based on this "error", we can infer that they're not trying to emphasise the fact that they've done songs for anime? Maybe that means the performance itself won't be centred around anime-only songs as well?

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I'm expecting the majority to be their anime related songs. After all, it is an anime event. I think we'll hear maybe 2-3 non anime songs. I'm hoping that Ikuze Kaito Shojou will be on the list. Its going to be an awesome night regardless.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I got a reply about the group's bio in the Guest Page. They said the info was provided to them by momoclo staff. I'm going to ask them if they're going to have an autograph session now.

• June 2015
    5201 Reputation
    Momoiro Clover Z in Anime Expo Los Angeles Koushiki Kanshou Tour
    http://www.momoclo.net/pub/pc/information/?id=1968
    http://entame.knt.co.jp/2015/momoclo/
    June 30 - July 4
    120 fans(AE member only)
    Tour price:248,000yen

Special bonus
    ・SUNAKABURI-SEKI(the front row seats)
    ・Koushiki Demachi(Send-off)
    ・Original Goods

• June 2015
    163 Reputation
    Lottery Info & Application Process
    takes you to a step by step process for the application.

If you have any inquiries regarding the tour, email MCZ tour management @ tourdesk157@or.knt.co.jp
    also, make sure you follow twitter for important news @momowgp & @momoclo_king_pr

• June 2015
    163 Reputation
    Ticket sales are expected to start before the end of this week.
    https://twitter.com/isaiahmonge/status/608078270144245760

I've managed to find some mononofus coming from Japan for AX2015. I'll try and have a word with them for a possible meetup.

https://twitter.com/CMSCMAOPR
    https://twitter.com/2yoursea
    https://twitter.com/DaruZtkhs
    https://twitter.com/shun_takeru
    https://twitter.com/tomoomi0303
    https://twitter.com/yuki_mcz6