Momokuro AX(2015) Gathering and Group Project
  • May 2015
    163 Reputation

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

I don't know what I'll be doing the remaining days after the concert since I know nothing about anime.

You might as well explore the expo. If you like original artwork, you can check out artist alley. The exhibition hall is full of merchanise. There's rooms where they play anime all day. Theres gonna be tons of cosplayers, if you want to take photos. I watch some anime but I'm not that into it. 1st day for me will be to get my pass, concert ticket and probably just wait in line for the concert. Take photos and hang out with people after the concert. 2nd day I'll probably hang out in the Lounge for a bit and hope for that slim a chance to see Momoclo there. Supposedly Guests and Guest of Honors will randomly show up there.....so they say.

I got an email from AX...unfortunately they said there WON'T be a Momoclo panel. Which is lame. I offered to moderate one and their response was that its TOO LATE to have new panel and to try next year.

• May 2015
    472 Reputation
    ^That's too bad, thanks for the info.

I'm still holding out for some sort of autograph session or photo-op.

• May 2015
    163 Reputation

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    Yeah its pretty ridiculous that they don't seem to have anything else planned for the GUEST OF HONOR besides the concert. Hopefully they'll walk around to check out the place and some of us might get lucky to meet them that way.

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    i doesnt make sense to travel all the way from japan, do a concert and just go back isnt it?
    Likely Kawakami will take the girls for sightseeing like they did in Las Vegas last year ... maybe will go to Disneyland or sunset blvd.. can you imagine, standing in line at Pirates of the Caribbean and the girls being also there?

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation

^That's too bad, thanks for the info.

I'm still holding out for some sort of autograph session or photo-op.

Ditto. I think i´ll carry my copy of "Seishun fu" just in case...

• May 2015
    472 Reputation
    ^Trying to figure out what to bring myself. As you said, just...in...case!

Thinking the Kokuritsu 2 day edition blu ray.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I'm bringing my Summer Dive 2011 DVD. The 1st item of my momoclo collection. I had to buy a blu-ray copy of it though cuz the regular DVD region doesn't match US codes. I'm also working on some drawings to bring as prints. It'll be my 1st time doing digital drawings so I hope it comes out ok. I normally draw traditionally and scan it for coloring and print.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

^Trying to figure out what to bring myself. As you said, just...in...case!

Thinking the Kokuritsu 2 day edition blu ray.

Make sure you provide proper cushioning for it, if you decide to bring it. Thats a gem

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    Even if you don't have merch at the moment (a la me) there's usually a huge CD store at the con. If they have Momoclo I'm instantly buying. Definitely Z no Chikai if they have it, and I'm stuck between Battle and Romance or 5th Dimension. I didn't see any Momoclo CDs last year but that might have been just because I didn't really know them at the time. Hoping to buy some of their stuff for reals though.

• May 2015
    50 Reputation

Even if you don't have merch at the moment (a la me) there's usually a huge CD store at the con. If they have Momoclo I'm instantly buying. Definitely Z no Chikai if they have it, and I'm stuck between Battle and Romance or 5th Dimension. I didn't see any Momoclo CDs last year but that might have been just because I didn't really know them at the time. Hoping to buy some of their stuff for reals though.

Yeah that would be awesome! Like you stated of all the previos AX's I have went to I have never seen in Momkuro merchandise :( Though it would make sense to have some this year, because of their appearance, sooo hopeful thinking :)

• May 2015
    50 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

i doesnt make sense to travel all the way from japan, do a concert and just go back isnt it?
    Likely Kawakami will take the girls for sightseeing like they did in Las Vegas last year ... maybe will go to Disneyland or sunset blvd.. can you imagine, standing in line at Pirates of the Caribbean and the girls being also there?

I'll probably just stick around the lounge too then & no momoclo panel? They better have an autograph session if the're not doing a panel. It would be unfair for a guest of honour to only give fans a concert and nothing else.

Yeah they need them to do something else to interact with the fans. I don't know if you guys are fan's of Hunter x Hunter, but last AX I went to Megumi Han (Gon's voice) showed up to the dance they had at night. My friend got to dance with her lucky bunny. I highly doubt Momokuro would go to any of the dance events, but can we just imagine for a little bit....

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    Last year, I was walking back to the parking lot to leave when I ran into the Kill la Kill animation team walking down the street taking pictures and sightseeing and I exchanged a few words with them. They were THE guests of honour last year, as well. If you're lucky, you can possibly run into the girls in the evening if they decide to walk around and look at the stuff around the convention centre. That would be miraculous.

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation

Yeah that would be awesome! Like you stated of all the previos AX's I have went to I have never seen in Momkuro merchandise :( Though it would make sense to have some this year, because of their appearance, sooo hopeful thinking :)

Yeah, I was looking the last few years and no one carried it. Only a few people knew who they were but wasn't carrying any merch for them. I'll be in the look out for MCZ merch this year again. I expect with the exhibitors hearing that MCZ are the Guest of Honors, they'll plan their inventory accordingly. I'm not going to expect much but if they got towels and such...I'm going broke lol

• honkey5honkey5

May 2015
    304 Reputation
    As for MCZ merchandise, I don't put too much hope that there will be unless its the Cleopatra editions of BAR and 5th Dimension. But it would be awesome if they chose to release the Z no chikai English version on cd.... and sell it there at AX

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    Like I said, I'm not going to expect much. I already have all the CDs including the "western re-releases" I'm hoping to find other stuff besides CDs, I'll have lots of free time there so I might as well look around. If nothing else, it kills time lol

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    I think it would be cool if we could have someone teach some chants or even some moves before the concert. Sort of prepare people (especially those who don't know) for the concert. It could be done while we wait in line for the concert. Help people get more familiar with the routines.

• May 2015
    322 Reputation
    I've been thinking about that, and it would make some sense to at least teach the introductions. That, or have a visual on a screen that guides along. That would be a lot harder to do during songs though.
    I wonder how they handled it in Malaysia and France. Does anyone know?

• Lak

May 2015
    122 Reputation
    Maybe someone just youtube the intro and show it on a tablet or phone