Momokuro AX(2015) Gathering and Group Project
  • July 2015
    322 Reputation
    ^ It was great meeting you and the other Japanese fans too! A lot of us would be completely lost during the concert without you guys, including myself ahahaha. So thank you so much for coming down here for this event! It was a pleasure meeting you all.

• July 2015
    78 Reputation
    I might have an extra poster fyi.

• dcpoor

July 2015
    33 Reputation
    I was only there for day 0 and day 1, never got a free poster. :(
    thanks for being terrible Anime Expo.

• July 2015
    24 Reputation
    I have to agree....this was my first time attending Anime Expo, and I was not impressed with their organizational skills. Concert ticket pick-ups starting 1.5 hours later than advertised, 4 hour total wait until I was able to actually pick up my ticket (and I was near the front of the non-premier line, I genuinely felt bad for those near the back of the line....I don't understand why they can't give you any tickets you ordered at the same time you pick up your badge), so much miscommunication (tickets are general admission...wait, no they are not, concert is 3 hours....wait, no, it's only 2, etc.), concert starting 20 minutes late, the decision to take time away from the concert proper for the award ceremony (which could have been done at a panel instead), posters not being given out. Whew.....I was sitting with some Japanese fans and they agreed with me that if this event was in (efficient) Japan, everything would be running perfectly and everything happening exactly on time, LOL.

BUT....when the music actually started, all stress was forgotten and I enjoyed myself immensely. Thank you Momoclo.

• dgmdnHDdgmdnHD

July 2015
    20 Reputation

^ Hey, I was in the same row! That Reni fan was super awesome. At the end of the show he told me "let's meet again: this time in Japan!" It was great!

Ah yes! Was it your glowstick that for some reason turned orange instead of green? The japanese Reni fan was awesome indeed. I tried to mimic him as best I could with the chants and dance moves. :)

I spoke briefly with Lak and Badalight (great outfit btw) and a guy practicing the Mite mite Kochichi dance moves outside the venue before the show. (not sure if he's on this forum, but if you are, hope you were able to do the dance along with the girls!)

The only thing that was "sort of" annoying was that we basically heard Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina 4 times. Music video, video performance, actual live performance and then the instrumental during the video while the girls were changing, but oh well.

• July 2015
    322 Reputation
    dgmdnHD said:

Ah yes! Was it your glowstick that for some reason turned orange instead of green? The japanese Reni fan was awesome indeed. I tried to mimic him as best I could with the chants and dance moves. :)

That was my friend's. If that happened to me I would be devastated. Sadly he left the thing at home and forgot it these past few days so we couldn't get it exchanged. So weird though lol. I mimicked the Momoka fan next to me. He told me I did perfectly, so I'm pretty proud of myself for following his movements as well as I did ahaha.

• July 2015
    78 Reputation
    dgmdnHD said:

^ Hey, I was in the same row! That Reni fan was super awesome. At the end of the show he told me "let's meet again: this time in Japan!" It was great!

I spoke briefly with Lak and Badalight (great outfit btw) and a guy practicing the Mite mite Kochichi dance moves outside the venue before the show. (not sure if he's on this forum, but if you are, hope you were able to do the dance along with the girls!)

The only thing that was "sort of" annoying was that we basically heard Yume no Ukiyo ni Saitemina 4 times. Music video, video performance, actual live performance and then the instrumental during the video while the girls were changing, but oh well.

Who were you? I'm bad with forum names.

Edit: ah you were probably the guy who said he doesn't post much.

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    In my opinion it was a great success. Many of the Japanese fans interacted with American fans. They actually brought merch for some of the American fans as well. I was able to give them shirts and stickers. I also want to thank the guys from this forum and FB for all the work they did to make this a much more enjoyable experience. It was a group effort and I think we all did a great job. The guy dancing Mite Mite outside is my nephew Seng. I'm not sure if he joined this forum (I have told him about it) but he's one of the less active posters. He wasn't expecting an extended version of Mite Mite but he got to do the dance lol.
    As far as the posters goes. I managed to get a few extras. I will give it to the people who were at the concert but didn't get one. You may have to pay shipping though. As soon as I figure out whats a good way to ship them. I'll let you know. But send me a message and I'll see if I have one for you.

• July 2015
    24 Reputation
    The fans, both Japanese and American, were overall great at the concert. I loved getting to do the chants, wave my glowstick, and dance along with the crowd (as opposed to just yelling back at my television, lol). Sure we may not have been in total precision sync like at their Japanese concerts, sure our crowd of 4,351 may not have been their largest, but I think we showed a lot of passion, support, and excitement for the girls of Momoclo and I'm sure they noticed that. I hope I get to do it again sometime soon, either here in the States or in Japan itself.

• Owl

July 2015
    14 Reputation
    now that anime expo is over and I have time to actually rest and do other stuff (I went all days and got home at like 11-12 each day and had little sleep between days lol), the concert was great, although I felt kinda awkward where I was sitting since the people around me were kinda dead and I was like the only other person (unless there were some behind me, I didn't look there) besides like 2-3 people in that area or something like that that were into it so to speak. Still had alot of fun and it was definitely great seeing them in person as opposed to a video on youtube or something

and a bit off topic, but the Jubeat arcade machine (rhythm game) in the entertainment hall had mugen no ai so I had to play that song almost everytime I played the game lol

• July 2015
    322 Reputation
    Agreed with upsidown. Having never gotten to experience a Momoclo concert, it's only natural that it wouldn't be completely in sync. That's not really what matters though, it's the enthusiasm and passion and drive in the end that make an impact on the girls and the staff and that show that the US has a lot of love for the girls, regardless of the relatively small venue. It seems like the girls themselves would definitely love to come back, and that's a great thing. I'm pretty sure the event the day before really helped out as well. It went completely beyond our expectations, so maybe it did theirs as well? In any case I know that all of us together along with the fans outside this forum and those from Japan worked to make this event spectacular for the girls. It's a big step in their career; maybe not as big as Kokuritsu of course, but still, this is a whole new experience for all of them, they're still growing in experience, in skill and in general. For example, maybe next time maybe Momoka won't feel so overwhelmed. The success of this event I think echoes not only for us as fans, but to the girls themselves as well. That's what I hope, in any case.

Anyway, now that Anime Expo is over, I think now's a good time to express my thanks. Everyone, sincerely, thank you all so very much for making this event the success that it was. Through all the ups and downs along the way we still managed to get through them the best we could to make this as wonderful as possible. I feel confident that I can speak for everyone who went when I say that these were some of the best days of my entire life and am honoured to have shared them with all of you. A lot of us struck luckier than we could ever dream of and it's such a blessing that especially from this forum, lots of us were able to interact with the girls in a way Japanese fans would never have the chance to do under normal circumstances. In my case, it's still really hard to believe that I was so lucky, to be honest. I never ever ever expected to be centimetres away from Momoka, let alone able to shake her hand. It felt like magic during CHA-LA when she looked me dead in the eye and pointed her mic at me, it was unbelievable. I got so much more than I could ask for; every single flaw and every single problem we ran into even on the day of the event was completely forgiven and forgotten by the time the concert was over. It was worth it all, and more. I'm also glad to have met so many awesome fans as well, this brought all of us on this forum closer than ever, I think, and I feel like a family with you all now. Whether Japanese, US, or whatever, we're all mononofu here and I couldn't be happier to know that you guys are my fellow fans. Thank you all so much, you guys made this so much more important to me.

In the end, it's sad to say that this is over, but I couldn't be happier to have experienced it all with you guys. I'm truly grateful for everything. I will never, ever forget how this has impacted me and I hope to meet you all again soon. Again, thank you so much.

• July 2015
    78 Reputation
    My depression is ending and now I'm starting to wonder if that all actually happened. It literally doesnt seem real. I've never felt this way before.

And Nem you're a champ for helping me out in line. My day 0 seats were awful because I didnt realize momoclo would be so far left, but shiori danced for us and because we had no one near us we all just stood up and danced like 2 feet away from her. She like looked deep into my soul for a solid 4 seconds during crocodile and shampoo.

• July 2015
    116 Reputation
    Whoo boy. Only just got back and turned my laptop on to post here since AX.

AX is a nightmare, through and through. But it was totally worth it for Momoclo.

Met all sorts of amazing fans, many who are probably of this forum, as well as Japanese fans. Spent time with familiar and unfamiliar Momonofu alike, and the concert was a complete blast. I only wish I could have hung out with more people longer. There were so many parties that I was meeting and following that I wish I coulda hung out with peeps from here more. I spent a lot of time with Lak (at least I think it was you, Lak? You were handing out shirts and stickers all over the place :D) and his friends, and I'm really glad I got to chill with ya'll. Lak gave me a yellow overseas shirt, and it became the only thing that actually made me look like a Momonofu at all (I own zero yellow clothes, or any official clothes for that matter :T), so I'm really thankful for that.

Being in the pit pretty much left me speechless; there was only a single row of two chairs in front of my row, and they were filled with two Japanese momonofu who I could follow along and do group movements with -- super friendly and energetic. We went completely nuts when Chai Maxx started playing. SO happy they performed that gem. The members were performing like five feet away from me at times and it was just completely ridonkulous. The interactions and movements to that song were by far the most fun. Early on in the concert, I think the Japanese momonofu sitting behind me accidentally bashed the back of my head with his pen light, lol

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation
    Best bit of the concert? Renichan shouting: "we´ll be back, i promise"...

Also, Dekochan shouting "I am Sailor moon" then adding: "American Joke". I tought she meant japanese joke but still that was funny

Nemurenatta, i was looking forward to see you but my girlfriend got sick during the ticket line and i didnt want to be far from her in case she got worse.

I got to met Lak, and i was pleased to see his dedication to spreading the gospel of Momoclo, so to speak. I got to chat with a couple of japanese momonofus (their english was better than my japanese lol) but basically i dedicated my attention of the concert and my girl

I was impressed with A-rin onstage, i just couldnt believe how energetic her dance was during Chai Maxx.
    Both she and Renichan are prettier in person , maybe because im used to see them making goofy faces

Funny thing, we all wanted Kiss to just give their small speech and then get out offstage as soon as that was over, but stiil i was a bit dissapointed that they didnt show on makeup to perform "Yume no.." with MCZ. That was another AX misstep, promoting "MCZ With kISS" on the nokia bilboard. I wonder if there was people there to see kiss at all tough

• July 2015
    322 Reputation
    Yeah I was preparing myself for my buttkicking! Lol. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope she feels better!

Also, Badalight, it really was no problem! It was also cool getting pictures with the two Japanese guys I think ahaha.

• Owl

July 2015
    14 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Funny thing, we all wanted Kiss to just give their small speech and then get out offstage as soon as that was over, but stiil i was a bit dissapointed that they didnt show on makeup to perform "Yume no.." with MCZ. That was another AX misstep, promoting "MCZ With kISS" on the nokia bilboard. I wonder if there was people there to see kiss at all tough

lol same I kinda wanted to see them perform at least that song then go, the way it was advertised with the 4 kiss members staring down the girls made me think "oh they are probably gonna play that song" and "MCZ with special guest KISS" and stuff, but in the end there was only two kiss members and they were just there to receive and award

and I remember one of the staff at the line to pick up tickets calling it the "kiss concert", I thought that was pretty funny, even moreso now that we know they didn't even play at all during the concert

• July 2015
    322 Reputation
    At the Momoclo booth they were handing out the prints of the ukiyo-e and some people walking by got one and were like "wow, there's a KISS concert!?" and seemed pretty excited to see that. I hope they read the thing on the back, lol.

• July 2015
    11 Reputation
    Hi everyone! I am new here... I saw the show, I am/was an AX Staff Volunteer!! THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER!!! i AM A TAMACHAN FAN FOR LIFE <3

• Lak

July 2015
    122 Reputation
    I got a chance to meet A LOT of people in those 2 days. I apologize if I can't remember all your names, I'm better with faces. I'm really glad the Japanese fans came. I'm positive it enhanced the concert as the American fans used them as examples to follow. How about that encore chant lol. That lasted a good while. For those unsure, yes I was the guy passing out shirts and stickers. Things didn't didn't go as planned at all, mostly due to AX screwing up nearly EVERYTHING. Almost as if they were trying to sabotage it lol. But in the end we ALL had a great time at the events. And I couldn't be happier at the outcome. I met tons of awesome people. Got to meet the girls up close AND take a photo with them. Shook my oshi's hands on 2 occassions. Got to see them LIVE only 4 rows back from the stage (1st row was almost literally touching the stage lol ) Take part in Overture with all the mononofus and last but not least. Got my wish to see Kanako do the Ebizori Jump right before my own eyes!!! I'll cherish these moments forever. Thank you everyone for being a part of it.

• honkey5honkey5

July 2015
    304 Reputation

At the Momoclo booth they were handing out the prints of the ukiyo-e and some people walking by got one and were like "wow, there's a KISS concert!?" and seemed pretty excited to see that. I hope they read the thing on the back, lol.

Yeah, they could have sued AX for false advertising you know , not that i think someone would do it, but if i was a Kiss fan id be very angry

Now that the dust has settled, i really hope the footage sees the light of day. A bluray/dvd would be nice ( a cd audio would be asking too much) i mean, the acoustic on Nokia was decent, and i´ll bet there is people in japan who´d love to check footage from this concert. I´ll tweet kwkm to see if there is a chance