[SINGLE]16th The Golden History
  • MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    Not as fun and silly in my opinion, but it's still a great song.

• August 2016
    264 Reputation
    Badalight said:

I like the chorus and the end up the song, but the beginning is pretty horrid. It also feels really "safe", and I can't seem to understand the feel they're going for with all of the different promotional pictures. Hip hop? A reni demon? Pillow fight? I'm so confused.

The bit with Reni being a demon was the Tohjinsai special edition, where she also was a demon for many of the promotional pictures. The rest, I don't really know, but I also don't understand the lyrics, so I have no idea what it was about.

The beginning bit I found a bit jarring at first, but it was kind of fun when they performed it live. Not sure if it works as well on the recorded version though. It's not an amazing song, but I don't think it's bad either. It'll probably grow on me with a few more listens (I liked it a lot more the second night of Tohjinsai compared to the first). However, of the two new songs they've performed so far I definitely prefer Hanabi. It's really wonderful.

• August 2016
    69 Reputation
    I don't particularity like the middle, I feel like its a good song to get pumped to. I feel neutral to it for the most part

• August 2016
    78 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Am I the only person who like these new songs a lot? It's like if fans feel like all the new songs are FAR BELOW than the old classics of Momoclo (which is saying something since I became a fan through Yumeno).

Anyway, I'm really liking this song, though it's certainly not what I had expected from what the covers show.

Hope this single becomes available online, internationally!

I like most of their recent stuff, but I wasn't very big on the Kiss collab and I'm pretty neutral on this. Z no Chikai I love.

• AzureusAzureus

August 2016
    1470 Reputation

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    Does anyone know if the single will be available 2 weeks after released on international sites like iTunes/Spotify (like the 3rd and 4th album)?

• August 2016
    229 Reputation

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    Awesome! How did you pull this off?

• MCZMCZ

August 2016
    143 Reputation
    BetoVelez said:

The Video has already been deleted!!!

• August 2016
    229 Reputation
    MCZ said:

BetoVelez said:

The Video has already been deleted!!!

Momoiro Clover Z - The Golden History Full (Radio Rip)
    sorry for the regular quality...
    https://mega.nz/#!PpRm0YCQ!AwP60Os3iJ39yKJfMnBlrdn4udKror4tGonxN8LlNCg

• August 2016
    59 Reputation
    Amagi822 said:

I'm definitely interested, but maybe not as much as when I first got into the group in early 2013. The music MCZ has released recently has been good, no doubt, but a lot of songs are just not as exciting as some of the stuff they've released earlier. There are exceptions of course: Monochrome Dessan, Gorilla Punch, Mahoro Vacation, and Ai O Tsugu Mono in particular. But IMO it got lost a bit in the large amount (28 tracks) of new material that was not as good.

Hopefully this single will be something special on the level of those songs again. I think they really need to come with something extraordinary soon to propel them to that 'Saraba'-level again, or they will risk going stale and fading.

I actually fully agrees with you.
    I'm a bit sceptical to this but hey, I'm having an open mind and I would love to listen to it when it comes out.
    But I agree with you that their music has changed and isn't as magical as it once was.
    I can't really put my finger on what it is.. but they are still good though :)

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    Some people have stated that the recent songs are taking a more "mature" path compare to the old songs. I remember someone pointing out that it'll be laughable if the girls sang these new materials (speciifically from 2 studio albums releases this year) back in 2013 and before.

For me though, I find myself loving these new songs as much as the old ones, Even with the awesome major singles like Saraba/Mouretsu/Z Densetsu being some of MCZ's best works, I find myself enjoyng We Are Born/Maholo Vacation/Z no Chikai a lot. But then again, I'm the same guy who seems to really like some of the more "disliked" tracks like My Dear Fellow and Yumeno Ukiyoni Saitemina, so I wouldn't be the best judge at that!

Anyway, my point is that MCZ have certainly took a step in a different direction with their recent material, but I don't think we should keep comparing the old with the new, otherwise it might interfere with our love for MCZ.

• August 2016
    59 Reputation
    MM305 said:

Some people have stated that the recent songs are taking a more "mature" path compare to the old songs. I remember someone pointing out that it'll be laughable if the girls sang these new materials (speciifically from 2 studio albums releases this year) back in 2013 and before.

For me though, I find myself loving these new songs as much as the old ones, Even with the awesome major singles like Saraba/Mouretsu/Z Densetsu being some of MCZ's best works, I find myself enjoyng We Are Born/Maholo Vacation/Z no Chikai a lot. But then again, I'm the same guy who seems to really like some of the more "disliked" tracks like My Dear Fellow and Yumeno Ukiyoni Saitemina, so I wouldn't be the best judge at that!

Anyway, my point is that MCZ have certainly took a step in a different direction with their recent material, but I don't think we should keep comparing the old with the new, otherwise it might interfere with our love for MCZ.

Just because you like songs that many maybe doesn't seem to like as much doesn't make you less capable to "judge" their music or have your opinion less mattered.
    I also happen to like the songs you are mentioning ;)
    For me.. I've just listen to the new albums and really enjoyed them, but then a couple of weeks back when I was on the stationary bike my mp3 shuffled to some old songs like Pinky Jones for example, and for some reason I felt that the new songs lacked something special that these older songs had.
    You are right that they took a step in a different direction, a direction I do like but in doing so they seem to have lacked something important they use to have.

But like I said, I sitll think they're good and I'm enjoying the new albums very much :)
    Maybe because they are more famous now they can do more serious music and maybe do an impact on more people? And therefore has a new mature approach to the whole group and their image?
    I don't know, just speculations of mine :)

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    I think you just said it, the fact that they are taking that serious approach is what seperates the fun hey had with old songs, Plus, they were younger than, so the fun factor was much more evident then compared to today when they are in their 20s!

• August 2016
    59 Reputation
    That's what I think at least :)
    I mean, you get older and more mature. Women mature most often before men and these girls were really young when they started out.
    I do like that they are taking a more mature and serious approach but at the same time it's for the cost of the fun factor that made them great to begin with.
    We've just have to take the good songs we can and enjoy them, that's what I do even if I think a band isn't what they use to be anymore. They've always gonna do something that's good even if 99 % of the rest stinks :)
    Edit: And just to be safe from misunderstandings, no I don't think 99 % of Momoiros material stinks ;)

• August 2016
    964 Reputation
    M2 "DECORATION"

• August 2016
    69 Reputation
    That...gives me a Mario Kart background vibe... (but I do like it)

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    Ha, I hear what you mean. With that said, I'm very intrigued with the direction this track went with...Great track!

I REALLY hope this whole single gets released online (internationally).

• August 2016
    964 Reputation
    M3”Hanabi"

• August 2016
    264 Reputation
    I said it after Tohjinsai and I'll say it again: I really like Hanabi.