[SINGLE]16th The Golden History
  • LogDogLogDog

September 2016
    324 Reputation

Just because something is upbeat doesn't mean it's childish. Adults can make cheerful music too.

You're right, adults can make cheerful music.

I'm not sure if you read my post, because my words didn't say that.

• Paco

September 2016
    331 Reputation
    Oh, okay everything is fine. Momoclo are great. Best group ever.
    Sorry to confront you with a different opinion. Forget that I am existing, please. And live in your bubble.

• LogDogLogDog

September 2016
    324 Reputation

Since we are expressing our likes and dislikes, I'd like to take this opportunity to mention something I don't like: people who complain about things no one is making them watch/listen to. Doesn't make sense to me...

No one is forcing you to read opinions that are different from your own. I don't like people who ironically complain about the very thing they're doing. Doesn't make sense to me...

EDIT: Phone bad typing.

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    So you only want to allow positive and supporting comments?
    Paco's comment was absolutely in order and sensible

A lot of people were not enthusiastic about the new single I might add

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1737 Reputation

Since we are expressing our likes and dislikes, I'd like to take this opportunity to mention something I don't like: people who complain about things no one is making them watch/listen to. Doesn't make sense to me...and yes, Paco, it does spoil the fun. Even if you mention that you don't want to spoil the fun by being negative on a fan forum...it still has the same exact effect.

Come on, don't be like that. I like it when people say they like something and when people say they don't. That's what keeps a forum honest. If we turn this into a place where one has to shut up about the things they don't like and only say everything it's amazing we'd have no conversation.

Having a different opinion shouldn't spoil the fun for anybody (at least when that opinion is expressed politely). Nobody is saying this Momoclo song can't be enjoyed by anybody, we all have different tastes and Momoclo changes styles so they're bound to please some people more than others everytime they make a comeback.

• Paco

September 2016
    331 Reputation
    Sorry guys, don't let this get out of hand, please. Please calm down. Me, too (because I am feelind a little bit angry right now). Everyone has his opinion that is a good thing.

EDIT: And by the way: I DO like the song, remember: For me one of the best since 2013. ;-)

• September 2016
    372 Reputation
    LogDog said:

Just heard the song for the first time, and watched the video.

What a huge step backwards.

Mind if I ask what kind of music you do like?

• LogDogLogDog

September 2016
    324 Reputation

LogDog said:

Just heard the song for the first time, and watched the video.

What a huge step backwards.

Mind if I ask what kind of music you do like?

What does that have to do with discussion about this song?

• September 2016
    372 Reputation

So you only want to allow positive and supporting comments?

My point wasn't about what should or shouldn't be allowed. My point was that negativity spoils the fun.

And no, I don't think fan sites should be dedicated to having fun, 24/7, no matter what. There's definitely room for debate, and negativity, on fan sites. But that doesn't change the fact that you can't have both at the same time. When people are having fun, stating something negative WILL spoil it.

So, here's a better solution than 1. always having fun, and 2. always debating (which, again: SPOILS the fun. Please don't tell me that I can have fun enjoying the first PV momoclo released in six months, while 3-4 guys are piling on with negativity in the same thread the video was posted in. I can't. No one can. Just as no one can have fun in the other thread that I posted in...at least not until I remove that post...which I intend to do right after I type this out, because my goal was to make a point to Paco and Invader, not to spoil the thread):

3. Find a balance: Have debates, but also have fun. There's a time and place for both.

If you agree with this basic statement (that there's a conflict between negativity and fun, and that on a fan forum, sometimes, in some threads, we should have fun, and other times, we should have serious conversations), here's a question I have for you: If the DAY a new PV gets released, in the thread it gets posted in, isn't the time and place to set the negativity aside and let the people who like it have fun enjoying it, what is? Why can't the complainers just give us a little time to have fun (at least in one thread, take the negativity into another thread) before piling on? Why is it so important to be negative TODAY, IN THIS THREAD?

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1737 Reputation

No one can. Just as no one can have fun in the other thread that I posted in...at least not until I remove that post...which I intend to do right after I type this out, because my goal was to make a point to Paco and Invader, not to spoil the thread):

Honestly, I can still have fun in that thread you posted even if you keep saying you don't like the videos. If I love something, people can say whatever they want, I'm still going to love it.

I think everyone was positive about the PV, we all loved it. It was fun and very Momoclo. The song was nothing special for me, but saying that shouldn't make anyone like it less.

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    I absolutely agree with Invader. I like a song or a video because I myself like them. If someone else doesn't like it that's fine as well
    Hell I liked most of Momoclo's singles (and still do) that almost everyone else didn't and I'm still here :)

Paco's comment on the single was actually more positive than many others.

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2293 Reputation
    when I really love a song, I don't care about the negative opinions today or tommorow

• September 2016
    372 Reputation

I absolutely agree with Invader. I like a song or a video because I myself like them.

It's not about liking, or enjoying the song and the video. I watched the video, and enjoyed it thoroughly. The problems started when, AFTER enjoying the video, I came into this thread looking to have fun enjoying the experience of sharing my excitement with others. Instead, I found a debate focused on the (supposed) negative aspects.

Sorry, but that's not fun. Not saying negativity doesn't have its place. Or that the conversation itself doesn't have its merits. Just that it spoils the fun. It's absurd to suggest it doesn't.

And don't get me wrong: this forum is still valuable to me, even if I can't have fun on it. I am very appreciative of your efforts (and others' as well), they allow me to stay up to date with and enjoy MCZ. I even like the conversations. But it's not fun, the way hanging out and having a blast with friends is. The negativity spoils that part of it.

P.S. I hope you understand the distinction I'm making, between having a good, constructive conversation with people, and having fun hanging out with friends. That distinction is the key to my whole point: it's the second kind of fun that gets spoiled by the constant negativity. You know that moment at a party, where two people decide to start debating politics or religion, and you just know that this "party" isn't going to turn into everyone getting drunk and dancing and singing all night (or, you know, that other, even better thing that sometimes happens at/after a party:) ).

THAT is why this forum isn't as vibrant as it could be: because it's impossible to just hang out and have fun from time to time, without having a debate ruin it.

• September 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Actually I prefer the fact that you CAN have arguments here on this forum. I like the fact that not everything is hunky-dory
    That sometimes bothers me about the Ebichu fans where everything is always the best and most talented and superior to everyone else.
    Don't hit me. Lol

Sure, I sometimes think "what an ass" reading a post. But that comes with the territory.
    And it makes me like what I like even more
    But I feel that I am with people who care. And who don't like it when they think something sucks when it shouldn't.
    And express that

• ebizoriebizori

September 2016
    2293 Reputation

That sometimes bothers me about the Ebichu fans where everything is always the best and most talented and superior to everyone else.
    Don't hit me. Lol

hahaha We can))

but I don't think that we are against any critics for EbiChu. There are just no any critics

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    Speaking of honesty, I'm the same guy who has admitted to liking 2 of MCZ's more "disliked" songs on number of occasions, and has disagree on the "lower than expected" scores that people gave on the Amaranthus AND Hakkin No Yoake albums. Heck, I've been frowned upon here for being TOO honest at times, so I understand why honesty can be a bad thing at times (just ask stansfield123).

With that said, I REALLY LOVE the song, and although I enjoyed the video too, it just seem completely random to me. It's similar to how I feel about the Mirai Bowl MV: Even if I understood the concept they were going for in that video, the concept still seems uterly random and hilarious to me (but at the same time, FUN!).

• September 2016
    372 Reputation

Actually I prefer the fact that you CAN have arguments here on this forum. I like the fact that not everything is hunky-dory
    Don't hit me. Lol

Sure, I sometimes think "what an ass" reading a post. But that comes with the territory.
    And it makes me like what I like even more
    But I feel that I am with people who care. And who don't like it when they think something sucks when it shouldn't.
    And express that

You're ignoring the distinction I made between having fun (the way you have on a night out with friends), and having a quality conversation. Negativity allows for a quality conversation, and you can enjoy it, but it ruins fun.

Like I said. It's impossible to have that kind of fun here, because of the negativity. And it's not just one guy being an ass...I can live with that...it's 3-4 guys taking over the conversation with a page worth of negative posts, every time a thread heats up a little bit.

Look at how this thread went, after the video was posted. For two hours, light hearted, congratulatory posts, more videos, lots of additional information. Everyone's happy, excited (even though, if you look carefully, no one is acting like this is the greatest thing ever...but people are having fun). After two hours, one asshole post from a noob. Sure, you're right, it goes with the territory. And it would've been fine, everyone could've ignored him and kept the fun going. But, instead, the same few guys who always do this found the thread, and took it over. And that's that. It's all over. And yes, I know I didn't help. But when I came in the mood was dead already. Everyone who posted in the first two hours was already gone...not sure if, in this particular instance, they all left because of the negativity or they were just busy, but, after a while, when you see the same pattern repeating itself, it's pretty obvious that there's more going on than people getting busy and having to stop posting. Negativity kills any attempt to have a light, positive informative chat that lasts more than an hour or two.

At least outside the Ebichu threads, that is:). (that's why I didn't go into the Ebichu thread to do my little gimmick...because that would've really pissed people off).

• InvaderInvader

September 2016
    1737 Reputation

Because it is B-) . I'm kidding of course.

The thing with music is that I think you need to be in the perfect state of mind to "click" with an artist. Everything changes and I used to "click" more with Momoclo but now I "click" more with Ebichu. Another example, I first listened to Yurumerumo a few months back and I liked it but I didn't love it, a few weeks ago I started to LOVE Yurumerumo because they are perfect for how I feel right now.

To keep this post relevant to Momoclo have some Momoka, because that can never hurt.

Edit: Crazy Idea, what if we try to change the conversation to the positive instead of trying to start a fanwar? Just saying :))

• AzureusAzureus

September 2016
    1470 Reputation
    It doesn't matter to me on other opinion about the PV, but I absolutely love it and since I only pre-order the regular edition a couple weeks ago because I thought it was not really worth paying more to get the other editions, but after seeing this PV, I immediately bought the other 2 edition. Momoclo sure knows how to trigger my happiness lol.

• September 2016
    372 Reputation
    ebizori said:

hahaha We can))

but I don't think that we are against any critics for EbiChu. There are just no any critics

I'm not going to do it in my free time (because, like I said, I don't see the point in complaining about things I don't have to listen to/watch), but if you're willing to pay me for my time, I'd be happy to go into the EbiChu sub-forum and ruin all your fun.