“Grow up, don’t lose”
    That’s what we’ve always been told as we grew up
    Ever since we were just babies

Days of conflict with no escape in sight
    Humans will someday tire of such a life
    A future we fear, yet pretend not to see
    Will someday put our instincts to sleep

We won’t make such a promise
    Why can’t we be strong-willed crybabies?

If you can’t cry at all, then who is the one in pain?
    Right now, it’s ok to cry
    Yes, if you can’t cry at all, then who is the one in pain?

Jamming a year into a day
    These too-busy days ruin our desires
    Vigilant nights without a break
    Even tears will someday be left in isolation

We’ll overcome every disillusionment
    But before that, we need to remove these antennas of pain for awhile

We’ll overcome every disillusionment
    But before that, we need to remove these antennas of pain for awhile

Yes

Roomaji and Kanji here.

• May 2014
    91 Reputation
    ç.ç omg! the translation makes the song even more amazing
    Thanks kaitoushoujo

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Wow thanks a a lot. The song is even more powerful now and i love it even more, and i really, really loved it in the first place. It's very well written because i was getting this message from the song before i even knew the English lyrics. Great.

• asan

May 2014
    462 Reputation
    On some programs the girls promote it as the 13th single, on some as the 11th. Why not count the indie ones? And why leave that part of the script to the station?

• May 2014
    904 Reputation
    The indies singles are known to be part of their debut as rookies but their MAJOR debut into the music industry is known as their debut into the professional world. I always get confused whenever they exclude the indies singles but it takes time to get used to.

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ When talking officially i'd probaby say 11th single, for example talking on the "11th single" thread. But when talking to friends/whoever will listen i say they have 13 singles. :p The indies will always count. :x

• May 2014
    66 Reputation
    I finally decided to put together some rather diverse notes about the single, hoping that their very belated appearance could "dilute" any possible polemical content.

During the recent appearance of Momokuro in NHKWorld's "J-Melo", the English word "straight" was used (specifically by Tamai Shiori) to characterize the song and, indeed, that appears, at first, as a proper definition.

It seems that the typical path (the very mark of generical and less generical Post-Modernism) of absorbing unclear and distant inspirations and boldly recombining them under a supposedly unifying motif, SHOULD, at some point, return to an immediate, direct form, to gain full significance.

This was certainly the case for "Z女戦争" (a very dubious comparison with the weak "泣いてもいいんだよ" video has been proposed), with its multiple themes, culminating in the "simplicity" of the a cappella "prayer" , so to speak.
    On a larger scale, "5th Dimension" itself could be regarded within this perspective.

Sadly, in my opinion, that does not apply here, at all.

The title song has no poignant simplicity and it only weakens themes which were already, much more effectively touched in the past (one can think of parts of "Lost Child", just to mention one of several instances).

The context provided by the other songs is also probably insufficient.

"堂々平和宣言" is rather good, but its opposition to the A-side is a bit too obvious.

"My Dear Fellow" is so bland to be described here as "an AKB song".
    I have nothing to add...

In the end, this is not "straight", but only "easy", all too "easy" knowing the value of Nakajima Miyuki.

Moreover, the equal shallowness of praises and criticisms, expressed somewhere about this song representing an "evolution" (or not), serves only to signal the work as mostly ineffective.

It is, of course, proving effective on the market (I bought the single myself because, after all, my "faith" is unshakable), but that would require a separate analysis.

Could the renewed context of an album release, give the song a stronger or even provocative meaning, perhaps within the questionable "element" system which has been discussed here?

To me, it is highly doubtful, but let's hope...

• OM617OM617

May 2014
    176 Reputation
    What is the password to see the Kimoclo video on the Akumu-Chan website?

http://www.akumuchan-movie.jp/index.html

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    Spoiler:
    pw
    3701-0010

• eyelesseyeless

June 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Naitemo Iindayo is used for father day promotion(?)
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/118734
    http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASG6B2FT6G6BUEHF001.html

Warning, the video can make you cry ;)

• June 2014
    5201 Reputation
    【登場曲】ヤンキースタジアム 田中将大#19 ももクロ「My Dear Fellow」

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Naitemo Iindayo(Nakajima Miyuki ver)
    33:53~
    中島みゆきのオールナイトニッポン月イチ 第17回 【2014.08.24】

• August 2014
    62 Reputation
    Aaa, Nakajima Miyuki is amazing!

• August 2014
    144 Reputation
    Good stuff, I wonder if she originally envisioned the song more like a power ballad and then the arranger made it more energetic for Momoclo.

• OM617OM617

August 2014
    176 Reputation
    Any info on a release of that version? I lover her music, especially "Sorafune" and "Honjitsu, Mijukumono".

• August 2014
    62 Reputation
    It will be a coupling song for "Mugi no uta" single that is going to be released on October 29th. Curiously, "Mugi no uta" is the theme song for the new NHK asadorama where Akari will play some minor role.

Yeah, it makes me want to hear Kanako's version of "Sorafune". Alas, that show hasn't leaked anywhere yet.

• OM617OM617

August 2014
    176 Reputation
    Thanks! I just pre-ordered it on CD Japan.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/YCCW-30041

kaminari said:

Kanako's version of "Sorafune".

Really?! I did not know. What show was that?

• August 2014
    62 Reputation
    OM617 said:

Thanks! I just pre-ordered it on CD Japan.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/YCCW-30041

kaminari said:

Kanako's version of "Sorafune".

Really?! I did not know. What show was that?

The Yobanashi at EX-Theater this February. There were two shows - one with lots of covers and another with color changes. The latter can be found on the ustream, but the former is not. Hope they could release it in some form.

• OM617OM617

August 2014
    176 Reputation
    It must exist, I don't think Momoclo has done anything as a group since 2011 without cameras around. I doubt it will be released though, paying royalties to lots of artists covered would be nightmare for what profit they might see from DVD/Blu-Ray sales.
    Still, they payed the performance royalties the first time and another "Iriguchi no Nai Deguchi" type album would be really nice since there hasn't been a full album in well over a year.

• mavmav

August 2014
    171 Reputation
    The main problem is that Momoclo's management don't commercialize AE exclusive events...

They eventually leaked out the video of the first half performance in 2012, which had the cover songs, but not the second half which had their own songs in acoustic version. They tacked the songs on with the 5th dimension album special edition, but they didn't turn the video into DVD/BlueRay

I highly doubt that they will be willing to release this one, unless they have a change of policy