[SINGLE]11th Naitemo Iindayo
  • April 2014
    904 Reputation
    I actually thought it sounded like the theme song from a Shoujo anime... But it's still cute and fresh :3

• InvaderInvader

April 2014
    1737 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

After a few more listens I think it does ok because the girls voices make it quite fresh sounding despite being generic whereas from what i've heard of AKB48 they're very bland and flat.

The girls solo parts are the best parts in the song, they make it more insteresting. Whereas when they sing all together it sounds weird, like I can only distinguish Kanako and the other girls voices are a blur.
    What makes it sound like an AKB song for me is the instrumental from 0:13 to 0:24, that's like something they will dance to in a beach wearing bikinis =))

• April 2014
    144 Reputation
    MrGoat said:

The single definitely has some power cos i went to a brilliant death metal gig last night and was woken up this morning by my mind singing Naitemo Iindayo! It can displace even the most brutal of music. :p

Actually, I think Naitemo Iindayo would be a really good song to do a metal cover of - much more so than some of the Momoclo songs that already have one. The main guitar riff would fit right into a symphonic power metal type song if it had the typical steady double bass drum rhythm, and the strings in the opening also fit into that style pretty well. Out of curiosity, what band did you see? :P

Anyway, the other B-side is pretty weird already, so My Dear Fellow doesn't need to be too weird imo. The three songs are different enough to appeal to a wide range of people, and catering a bit to those who like AKB-ish stuff is probably not a bad idea.

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation

Actually, I think Naitemo Iindayo would be a really good song to do a metal cover of - much more so than some of the Momoclo songs that already have one. The main guitar riff would fit right into a symphonic power metal type song if it had the typical steady double bass drum rhythm, and the strings in the opening also fit into that style pretty well. Out of curiosity, what band did you see? :P

I think it would work arrangement-wise but the uplifting chorus and overall message might be lost with a, shall we say, more distinct vocal style. Ah, but if you changed the music and kept the girls vocals i think it would be cool. :)

It was just a local gig i went to, so no cannibal corpse or anything like that. :p *cough* seen cannibal corpse twice... ...what? :) My friends band, another local band and an Italian band called logic of denial who were excellent, if your a fan of brutal death metal check them out! It was the last show on their uk tour so it was pretty crazy, and not just usual metal crazy. Our local metal pub has some interesting patrons so there was crowd surfing, headbanging shoulder rides, human pyramids and mock rowing competitions. :p All in room about 10m x 5m. Maybe this craziness meant my brain needed to wake up to something more relaxing. Plus i was pretty bruised so i might have been thinking Naitemo Iindayo, it's ok to cry! xD

Anyway, the other B-side is pretty weird already, so My Dear Fellow doesn't need to be too weird imo. The three songs are different enough to appeal to a wide range of people, and catering a bit to those who like AKB-ish stuff is probably not a bad idea.

Your words make lots of sense and i think this single will definitely appeal to a wide range of people but... catering to AKB fans? Momoclo or death! :ar!

• April 2014
    144 Reputation
    ^ Yeah, it would probably have to be like that mashup someone did of Z Densetsu with the metal cover still having the original voices. Gamma Ray / Iced Earth style vocals would probably work too.

I'm not super into death metal, but I'm always interested in hearing something new. I looked at some Logic of Denial, and it sounded pretty intense - I can imagine that was a fun show (did you get in any human pyramids? :-)) ). It's not really the kind of death metal I usually would go for though; generally, my tastes tend to lean more toward technical/progressive stuff like Obscura or Blotted Science (if you even call them death), or really weird things like Demilich. Thanks for the info :)

• April 2014
    60 Reputation
    ah, it's always so refreshing to see fellow metal heads discussing about idol music :D

• OM617OM617

April 2014
    176 Reputation
    There are still plenty of songs Metal Clone X wasn't able to do and would sound as awesome their first cover.

Here's MCX's vocals over Ikuze! Kaitō Shōjo!

Spoiler:

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    Thanks for the band tips. They are really cool but they could do with some vocals, demilich is definitely awesome. :) And blotted science has alex webster from cannibal corpse so they're kinda death. :p Check out Necrophagist for some tech death to bridge that gap between prog and death for you. ;) Also, Death is the ultimate in progressive/death, they invented the genre of death metal back in the 80's because noone knew what to call them. Legendary. Check out the album sounds of perserverance. :) Oh and yes it was a very fun show. I was in the middle layer of a human pyramid but i was the skinniest guy in it and quite drunk so it toppled soon after completion... xD

ANYWAY, we apologise profusely for going off topic... Anyone else think Aarin looks absolutely beautiful in this pic? I mean, you know, more than usual. :)
    Ah, i think i just put my finger on it. Is it that her facial structure looks more defined? I dunno, still, very striking. :) Also probably because this is where she comes in with that amazing bridge i keep banging on about at 1:30... :p

• April 2014
    144 Reputation
    ^^^ There do seem to be a lot of metalheads who like Momoclo. I wonder how much Marty Friedman helped that. :P
    ^^ Yeah, we'll have to hope they do another one some day.
    ^ Yup, Necrophagist is pretty good. Some of the more interesting guitar leads in tech death imo. With Death, I personally prefer Symbolic to Sounds, but that one has its moments too. :P They certainly did influence a lot of the sound of later prog or tech death at any rate.

Going back to on topic things, I'm guessing that A-rin looks good there because of the shot angle or how her face is framed. I really have no idea about such visual arts type things though. :-\"

• April 2014
    904 Reputation
    someone posted My Dear Fellow with the lyrics in the video and decided to leave it out of the description box so here is a 2-hours worth of re-typing and romanizing the entire song

KANJI

Spoiler:
    だから君を見ている
    (いつもそばにいるよ)
    ちゃんと見ていろ
    (この私のポジションは)
    君を見ている
    (譲れない)
    胸にジンと響く DEAR MY FELLOW

前向く君がすきだから私も前を向く
    誰もまだ歩いてない孤高という道の途中
    見ていられない時もあるこの手届かなくて
    だからせめて心だけは無心になりたい

言わない言葉は読み取ってあげる
    泣きたい 泣かない
    やめたい やめない
    その勇気は気持ち次第

一つ二つ三つ数えて
    君は強を超えてく
    奇跡を待ってる怠け者じゃ
    君に追いつけない
    いつだって前人未到

花は咲く前に深呼吸してちょっと背伸びする
    花びらを揺らす風に挑むように背伸びする
    向かい合うと無口だけど背中はよく喋る
    言い訳は言わないのに覚悟だけ聞こえる

自由と言う名の不自由の中で
    風に 吹かれ
    空を 見上げ
    行きたい場所へ行けばいい

まっすぐまっすぐ
    踏み出して行こう
    深呼吸するように
    君が見詰めている方が前
    明日へ続く道に
    地図なんかいらない

正直な君を信じてあげる
    やめない 君を
    負けない 君を
    進むしかない君のこと

一つ二つ三つ重ねて
    積み上げる未来を
    奇跡なんかは待つものじゃない
    君がその右手で
    勝ち取るものだから

だから君を見ている
    (いつもそばにいるよ)
    ちゃんと見ていろ
    (この私のポジションは)
    君を見ている
    (譲れない)
    胸にジンと響く DEAR MY FELLOW

ROMAJI

Spoiler:
    dakara kimi wo mite iru
    (itsumo soba ni iru yo)
    chanto mite iru
    (ko no watashi no pojishion wa)
    kimi wo mite iru
    (yuzure nai)
    mune ni jinto hibiku DEAR MY FELLOW

mae muku kimi ga suki dakara watashi mo mae wo muku
    dare mo mada arui te nai kokou to iu michi no to chuu
    mite irare nai toki mo aru kono te todoka naku te
    dakara se me te kokoro dake wa mushin ni naritai

iwa nai kotoba wa yomi totte ageru
    nakitai nakanai
    yametai yamenai
    so no yuki wa kimochi shidai

hitotsu futatsu mitsu kazoete
    kimi wa kyou wo koe te ku
    kiseki wo matte ru namake mono ja
    kimi ni oitsu ke nai
    itsu datte zenjin midou

hana wa saku mae ni shin kokyuu shite chotto senobi suru
    hanabi ra wo yurasu kaze ni ido mu you ni senobi suru
    mukai auto mukuchi dakedo senaka wa yoku shaberu
    ii wake wa iwanai no ni kakugo dake kiko eru

jiyuu to iu na no fuji yuu no naka de
    kaze ni fukare
    sora wo mia ge
    ikitai bashoe ikeba ii

masugu masugu
    fumi dashi te ikou
    shin kokyuu suru you ni
    kimi ga mitsu me te iru houga mae
    asa e tsudzuku michi ni
    chizu nanka iranai

shoujiki na kimi wo shinjite ageru
    yamenai (kimi wo)
    makenai (kimi wo)
    susumu shika nai kimi no koto

hitotsu futatsu mitsu kasanete
    tsumi ageru mirai wo
    kiseki nanka wa matsu mono janai
    kimi ga sono migite de
    kachi toru mono dakara

dakara kimi wo mite iru
    (itsumo soba ni iru yo)
    chanto mite iru
    (ko no watashi no pojishion wa)
    kimi wo mite iru
    (yuzure nai)
    mune ni jinto hibiku MY DEAR FELLOW

• MrGoatMrGoat

April 2014
    99 Reputation
    ^ Thanks that's great! :) appreciate the effort.

• NyokouNyokou

April 2014
    15 Reputation
    Thanks Mizuki :)

And yes, the song does sound like an AKB song... well, a boring AKB song at least haha. Probably won't be replaying it too much.

• April 2014
    904 Reputation
    No problem. It's the least I could do for fellow mononofus :D

• May 2014
    5201 Reputation

• InvaderInvader

May 2014
    1737 Reputation
    The limited edition looks amazing. Too bad I just made an order to CDjapan but didn't include this because I felt I dind't like the songs enough :((

• MrGoatMrGoat

May 2014
    99 Reputation
    Woooow, that is one beautiful single. *drools*

Anyone else ever get the feeling that you feel so close to Momoclo but the despair of being so far away just makes you feel like your going to burst inside? I hate that feeling.

• AzureusAzureus

May 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Their website is up.
    http://naitemoiindayo.com/

edited:

Pictures

Spoiler:

imageimage
    image image

image image
    image image

image image
    image image

image image
    image image

image image
    image image

• OM617OM617

May 2014
    176 Reputation
    Floating Momoclo from the website

Spoiler:

• NyokouNyokou

May 2014
    15 Reputation
    Beautiful!

• May 2014
    144 Reputation
    Wow, this probably has the nicest art of any Momoclo release so far. I especially like the ones with the "ribbons" of water flowing around them.

MrGoat said:

Anyone else ever get the feeling that you feel so close to Momoclo but the despair of being so far away just makes you feel like your going to burst inside? I hate that feeling.

Not really, actually. I wouldn't say I feel "close" to them unless I actually get to see them live someday. :P But listening to their songs and watching them is good enough for now. :)