[SINGLE] MOON PRIDE
  • July 2014
    904 Reputation
    well who knows? hopefully we'll be able to see it. everyone was saying how the PV will come out with the episode tonight :D (well... tomorrow morning in my case)

• OM617OM617

July 2014
    176 Reputation
    Invader said:

So I'm the only one who didn't know it was going to be animated?

I don't follow Moon at all so I didn't know either. Until Moon Pride was announced, I was hoping Moonlight Densetsu was going to be their only association with the series.
    Sailor moon is a little too far on the fantasy side of anime for me. Yet space pirates led by a high school girl (Mōretsu uchū kaizoku) I somehow totally got into. Maybe because Momoclo's songs for it were so freaking awesome.

• AzureusAzureus

July 2014
    1470 Reputation
    MOON PRIDE/ももいろクローバーZ Music Video

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I'm not going to lie, the MV was a bit boring. The opening (of the anime) is really exiting but this drags on for too long and there's barely any action.

Another handicap for Momoclo is that this is on their new channel. So if some people new to Momoclo decided to check their other stuff, the only thing they're going to find right away is Naitemo Iindayo.

What the hell is up with the legs of Mars (and probably Jupiter also)?! In the last scene her legs are twice the size of her body and it makes it look like she's going to lose balance :))

• July 2014
    904 Reputation
    I guess the lack of choreography from the girls made it a little less exciting for mononofus. (trust me, it's very awkward for me to watch a PV with a MomoClo song without choreography or at least a shot of the girls in some shape or form. Plus, I want to see those costumes in action! TTATT

as for the legs, the original designs involved long legs and considering Jupiter's the tallest with Mars possibly being after, their legs are longer than the others.

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I think the second part of the MV is better, when you see more of the other girls and the powers. First part would have matched better with the ending song.

Now that I've rewatched I think my problem with the legs is that it looks good on the girls wearing boots. But for the ones wearing shoes ends up looking a little weird.

• July 2014
    904 Reputation
    yea... the first part focused more on the past life in the series. but the lyrics talk about not needing guys and that girls can fight for themselves... which is basically what showing off their strengths and powers is meant for :D

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    @invader they'll also find their awesome momokuri adverts lol

Also this single is clearly geared more for the sailor moon fans(moonies) I guess we're gonna have to wait for live performances ,which should be starting soon since the single comes out in like a week

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation

@invader they'll also find their awesome momokuri adverts lol

Indeed they will, that was the first thing I clicked after Moon Pride
    =))

I hope they stream Moon Pride if (when) they perform it on Summer Dive.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    I just finished the second episode....mercury's transformation was soo cool ^:)^ and rei comes in the next episode. I'm soooooo excited since she was my favorite.

• eyelesseyeless

July 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Well, this is the Sailor Moon OP song, so I won't complain much about animation PV. I'll take it just like Glay's Survival or Ayumi Hamasaki's Connected

Now about the music, the short version is I love it.

Longer version, I already like the chorus, but for me the climax part from the song is the bridge which started with solo guitar (and any instruments on that section). It's the best part of the song, just perfect. Marty Friedman's solo guitar imo is better than the one on Mugen no Ai, it's his style when he's still in Megadeth, melodies as unpredictable as the one on Holy Wars or Hangar 18. Probably I listen too much to Megadeth when I was young :)

I think Revo's song with his progression style works best in high pitch, and nothing better than Momoclo to sing in high pitch, it's like their weakness (I heard so much people complain about this) become their strongest point in this song

I just hope this song will be a hit, Momoclo need something bigger than Saraba which did really good in both physical and digital sales. Good luck.

• Paco

July 2014
    331 Reputation
    ^I predict, it will be a big hit. ;-)
    Even a lot of the SM-Fans (from what I have read) like it after the first shock that it isn't the old song.

I don't know if it is very much, but we have now almost 30.000 hits on the video, it seems to be a lot for being released 5 hours ago or so.

By the way: After being first skeptical and thinking this is only an "OK"-song, after listening to the long version, I think it is great. But still, I am wishing for something better and ... stranger? Different ... But I really like it.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    The youtube version is already @ more than 100k views so fingers crossed

• eyelesseyeless

July 2014
    2256 Reputation
    I checked the comment section on the video, and I've never seen positive english comment as much as that on other Momoclo's PV :)

• July 2014
    144 Reputation
    If the Sailor Moon fans have enough interest to actually buy the single, that should boost this one's numbers quite a lot. Hopefully that will happen [-O<

I enjoy the full version a fair bit more than the short one seen in the opening, thanks to the new instrumentals. The piano part after the first chorus and the keyboard in the solo remind me of stuff from Luca Turilli or Rhapsody, who are some of my favourites, so that adds quite a few points in my book. :P Also, I just like the high-energy feeling of the guitar solos, especially when it kind of builds up at the end - this could be one of the best songs for live shows when there's a real band.

I also hope that the next single is something weirder though; I've been missing that feel of craziness in Momoclo's A-sides for a while.[/u]

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    The youtube video also has an amazing ratio of likes/dislikes. And it's true what eyeless said, there's so many positive comments in english and in spanish too.

• mavmav

July 2014
    171 Reputation
    I'm lovin this song, it's been on repeat for the past few hours already.

I was a bit worried during the short version since the flow was kind of weird.....but I guess I should've kept my faith in Revo

I'd even go as far to say this is one of the best songs in Momoclo's repertoire right now, and definitely their best A-side since Saraba

Considering Momoclo's fans + Revo's fans + Sailor Moon fans, I'm optimistically predicting sale figures of 300,000+ B-)

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    Momoclo fans alone can bring in around 60k-70k add the sailor moon fans and revo I'm gonna guess around 90k-100k+

• mavmav

July 2014
    171 Reputation

Momoclo fans alone can bring in around 60k-70k add the sailor moon fans and revo I'm gonna guess around 90k-100k+

Well their previous best was around 120k during Saraba which was in 2012, and even thier weaker singles like GOUNN and Naitemo are getting in the 80~90k range. 100k would be a big disappointment for a single of this quality.

Momoclo are notorious for having high DVD/Blue-Ray sales while having low single sales, but I really think this one has a chance to set a new record, so I'm saying 300k+

It's a bit on the high side but I think the fanbase momentum will swing it through. (the Sailor Moon fanbase is HUGE)

• AzureusAzureus

July 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Moon Pride is number 2 most popular video on youtube in U.S.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEnWoR732-BHrPp_Pm8_VleD68f9s14-