[SINGLE] MOON PRIDE
  • August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Miyamoto:We ordered "MOON PRIDE" from Revo before "Attack on Titan" theme song was released.

• August 2014
    144 Reputation
    Invader said:

They probably focused too much on Sailor Moon and not enough on Momoclo. There was nothing preventing them to give both the same attention. I know that adding international and digital sales will make it better. But something failed if regular momonofus didn't buy the CD.

If a lot of international moonies wanted to buy it, I would have thought there would be even more Japanese ones who would buy it, since the proportion of domestic buyers vs. international is usually pretty high. I wish we could see the international sales figures for this one though.

It's also really weird to me that more mononofus didn't buy it, because even if there wasn't a lot of promotion near the release, everyone's been hearing about this now and then for the last 2 years or so. Any hardcore fans should have been aware of it anyway, so something must have turned them off to it. I guess maybe there's a lot of mononofus who aren't interested in releases that don't strongly feature the girls?

• August 2014
    904 Reputation
    I'm actually not surprised. As both a Moonie< I love the song and the PV as well as the covers. as a mononofu, I was disappointed about the lack of a PV featuring the girls. I was really hoping they would do something similar to Naitemo where the scene is the Moon Kingdom and you see the characters running around playing or fighting. And the entire single is basically nothing but Sailor Moon. The opening, ending and then a cover of the first movie originally sung by the original VAs of the five senshi. mononofus were probably looking for more MomoClo than a complete single that is basically only a collab.
    as for International sales, there's no doubt that Moonies have purchased or downloaded their own copy of Moon Pride after hearing feedback on tumblr (a blog I follow is in love with Moon Pride considering it deals with the plot of the girls fighting on their own and don't need a man to rescue them but there's still that spark of love). But then again, I'm not so sure about the Moonies in Japan that would've led to this small amount of first day sales. If the international sales were included, they would've reached #1 by a landslide.
    Mononofus I can understand. We want something crazy and very MomoClo. Moon Pride would say that but the single itself seemed to have lost that bit of MomoClo atmosphere we're used to. All of their PVs involved choreography and a bit of a story. It would've been better if they created 2 PVs (the Sailor Moon version and a MomoClo version) and 2 Limited Editions. That would've helped with the sales since mononofus would like to know more of the choreography before the concert so they know what to expect and get used to it. For mononofus who didn't attend the concerts, they would've appreciated some choreography as well since the news broadcasts didn't show a lot. probably the same bit that the staff would give them except for that one time where they sang "Lala Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon" but that was it. It was the same for Naitemo but they had much more promotions for it despite Aarin's injury.

It's also really weird to me that more mononofus didn't buy it, because even if there wasn't a lot of promotion near the release, everyone's been hearing about this now and then for the last 2 years or so. Any hardcore fans should have been aware of it anyway, so something must have turned them off to it. I guess maybe there's a lot of mononofus who aren't interested in releases that don't strongly feature the girls?

That's another thing. There was promotions at some parts but not a whole ton. The only time we probably ever saw the girls in costume on tv is basically that one time on mezashi tv with Reni, Momoka and Shiorin. and they didn't actually talk about the single and PV that much during at appearance. They didn't even wear the costumes at Bakasawagi and instead wore a different costume that resembles it.

• August 2014
    242 Reputation
    If you ask me, another reason could be that Naite was slightly disappointing musically, especially compared with GOUNN. Across different boards, I did pick up some disappointment about Naite in the sense that the song (as well as the B-side of single) just wasn't as good as many hoped, and I would agree with that. Perhaps it turned some people off from buying the new Momoclo single right away.
    As for MOON PRIDE, I think it's a step up from Naite. Although I don't like it as much as GOUNN (Momoiro Taiko Dodonga Bushi was a blast as well), it is certainly a move in the right direction (more complex compositions is what attracted me to Momoclo in the first place)

• August 2014
    62 Reputation
    I've got a couple of random thoughts.

At first, the level of promotion devoted to Moon Pride does not seem even close to that Naitemo had. It's just my personal impression, though. I mean, in May Naitemo was playing literally at every corner here in Tokyo. Now - nothing like that. It doesn't even look like a major single has been released. Perhaps, many people are perceiving it like some kind of a bonus. If you look at the sales dynamic of other Momoclo second-tier singles, like Nippon Egao Hyakkei. I think this is normal.

Secondly, I don't think we should count on moonies. They are a very old and inert community. They are not at all like your typical idol fanatics, counting days till the next release. Some of them are collectors, but I really doubt that a three song CD from a group they've probably never heard before is a must have for their collection. Especially to those who live overseas. Especially after only 2 episodes of the anime have been aired by this moment.

I think that the moonie contribution to the single sales is likely to be finely splattered along the coming weeks, if not months. And that contribution won't be too large. After all, they have "The Song" and it is Moonlight Densetsu. Practically everyone whom I've spoken to here said something like "Moon Pride is okay, but not as epic" (to which I personally agree). And "okay" for most people is not a reason to buy a CD.

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(August 1)
    1. 45,601 SKE48
    2. 4,779 Momoclo
    3. 4,743 LinQ

MOON PRIDE
    1st - 23,527
    2nd - 9,709
    3rd - 5,298
    4th - 4,779

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(August 2)
    1. 57,567 SKE48
    2. 3,724 ONE OK ROCK
    3. 3,067 Momoclo

MOON PRIDE
    1st - 23,527
    2nd - 9,709
    3rd - 5,298
    4th - 4,779
    5th - 3,067

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Apparently, this single will sell less than Ebichu's latest single Butterfly Effect on 1st week if tomorrow MOON PRIDE gets around the same number as today.

I still hope it will get massive increase at the last day, but probably not :)

• InvaderInvader

August 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I thought about Butterfly effect as well haha. I expected the sale increase the second or third day, but at this point I don't think is going to happen.

In a way I think this is good for Syachi, I can see some mononofus who skipped Moon Pride getting Syachi's album to get their monthly dose of crazy.

• August 2014
    79 Reputation
    It's been holding at number 3 on Japanese iTunes for the pass couple of days now.
    So I'd say it's doing fine digitally

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(August 3)
    1. 23,343 SKE48
    2. 3,484 LinQ
    3. 3,435 ONE OK ROCK
    5. Momoclo

MOON PRIDE
    1st - 23,527
    2nd - 9,709
    3rd - 5,298
    4th - 4,779
    5th - 3,067
    6th - -----

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Weekly result
    Oricon
    *1 324,076 SKE48
    *2 50,670 ONE OK ROCK
    *3 50,340 ももクロ
    *4 37,008 Juice=Juice
    *5 27,824 舞祭組
    *6 26,692 モバマス
    *7 26,009 オルコデ
    *8 24,533 LinQ
    *9 21,872 うたの☆プリンスさまっ
    10 19,798 でんぱ組.inc

Soundscan
    http://www.phileweb.com/ranking/cd-top20/1856.html

Apparently, moonies don't add much to the sales, I blame it on international moonies for overhyping this single and made my expectation too high :)

• AzureusAzureus

August 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Another CD Jacket?

8/22

from twitter

• asan

August 2014
    462 Reputation
    Ad for a book with drawings of the senshi, photos of the girls, and an interview. the text is tiny, but I guess it includes a new cover you can slide into the CD.

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Momoiro Clover Z "MOON PRIDE LIVE MV" from Momoclo Natsu no Baka Sawagi 2014 NISSAN Stadium Taikai~Tohjin Sai~
    http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/player/00252/v09950/v0993400000000542360/

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation

• eyelesseyeless

August 2014
    2256 Reputation
    Finally, they have something for Momoclo fans :)

But shouldn't this uploaded to their youtube channel?

--------------
    Edit:
    Uploaded to dailymotion

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    MOON PRIDE full ver will be broadcast on today's Momoclo Chan.
    They may upload video to their youtube channel after broadcasting.

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    MOON PRIDE
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/123437
    They will upload video to their youtube channel at 12:00 on August 13.

• InvaderInvader

August 2014
    1737 Reputation
    I wonder if this was the plan all along or they decided to put it out because the low sales. I expected they were going to release it as a promotional video for the blu-ray, so getting it early is great.