[SINGLE] MOON PRIDE
  • eyelesseyeless

July 2014
    2256 Reputation
    It's lower than expected, but strange number, even SKE's sales is that "low"

• Paco

July 2014
    331 Reputation
    Will there be TV performances of MOON PRIDE soon?

• OM617OM617

July 2014
    176 Reputation
    Surprising in that the moonies haven't bumped it up, yet not surprising since the single is just cover songs.

• mavmav

July 2014
    171 Reputation
    That's the 7/29 sales though, and Moon Pride's official sale date is 7/30. So maybe sales like preorders and stuff don't count yet?
    (On a side note, why are the industry practices so confusing in Japan.....if you wanted to get the rankings from the day before, why not just set the official sale date to 7/29???)

If these are the true sale numbers then I gotta say it's pretty disappointing, even Gounn and Naitemo go 40K and 37K respectively on the first day.

• July 2014
    644 Reputation
    OM617 said:

Surprising in that the moonies haven't bumped it up, yet not surprising since the single is just cover songs.

There's only 1 cover song...

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Apperently Oricon no longer counts sales that go outside Japan, so international moonies aren't counted. But even just with japanese sales I expect next day to be higher.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    It's not really surprising since this single was for the sailor moon fans rather mononofu and they haven't performed it on tv yet but good news is it seems to be holding up well digitally.

• AzureusAzureus

July 2014
    1470 Reputation
    Top albums on iTunes

• July 2014
    644 Reputation
    These cards are being given out in some major cities in Japan to commemorate Moon Pride's release.
    Until August 1:
    Tokyo - Tokyo Station Marunouchi North Exit, Shinagawa Station
    Osaka - Umeda Station
    Aichi - Sakae Station
    Hokkaido - Sapporo Station
    Fukuoka - Hakata Station

On August 2, 3 they will only be distributed in Tokyo at Akihabara, Ikebukuro, Shibuya Stations until stock is out.

• July 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(July 30)
    1. 84,892 SKE48
    2. 11,709 ONE OK ROCK
    3. 9,709 Momoclo

MOON PRIDE
    1st - 23,527
    2nd - 9,709

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    It's still holding at number 2 on Japanese iTunes! Btw did oricon change? Ske's #'s are really low

• mavmav

July 2014
    171 Reputation
    Azureus said:

Top albums on iTunes

This is pretty funny....someone from management screwed up and labeled the Moon Pride single as "World" music (Typically it should be in Pop)

I checked it out myself

So I guess Momoclo is now representative of Japanese culture, lol

• OM617OM617

July 2014
    176 Reputation

There's only 1 cover song...

I meant they are directly recognizable as Sailor Moon songs and the cover arts are direct tie-ins. Their other theme and ad work like "Mirai Bowl", "Mugen no Ai", "Saraba", "PUSH", "Naitemo Īndayo", "JUMP!!!", etc would be difficult to guess their TV match by looking at the single cover art or without having seen the shows.
    "Wee-Tee-Wee-Tee" is the obvious exception.

• InvaderInvader

July 2014
    1737 Reputation
    Ok now I'm surprised that numbers are that low. And I thought they were going to break their record :( . I guess they'll reach the usual amount of sales.

• July 2014
    144 Reputation
    Those sales are pretty strange. I guess the single was so Sailor Moon focused that some of the usual core group of buyers didn't go for it, and the moonies aren't actually buying it even though they're interested in the series. Kind of the opposite of what I thought would happen - I was expecting it to sell more than usual too.

• July 2014
    79 Reputation
    Naw the moonies are buying it digitally lol I've seen lots of moonies with the physical including my friend but I don't think oricon is counting the international purchases

• August 2014
    5201 Reputation
    Oricon(July 31)
    1. 41,541 SKE48
    2. 6,325 ONE OK ROCK
    3. 5,298 Momoclo

MOON PRIDE
    1st - 23,527
    2nd - 9,709
    3rd - 5,298

梶原放送局(Kajiwara Housoukyoku)
    nico
    http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv188027881
    UST
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/梶原放送局1
    22:00~
    tmmn
    Sato Morimichi(Star Dust Music Publishers)
    Miyamoto Junnosuke(EVIL LINE RECORDS / Representative director)

Probably Miyamoto and Sato will receive severe criticism from fans again.

• InvaderInvader

August 2014
    1737 Reputation
    momomofu said:

Probably Miyamoto and Sato will receive severe criticism from fans again.

This time with reason. I didn't think the Naitemo Iindayo sales were dissapointing but this ones are. Is specially frustrating since it was years on the making.

They probably focused too much on Sailor Moon and not enough on Momoclo. There was nothing preventing them to give both the same attention. I know that adding international and digital sales will make it better. But something failed if regular momonofus didn't buy the CD.

They need to upload a Moon Pride performance to youtube, or go to music shows or something.

• August 2014
    79 Reputation
    I'm sure he will get critism lol they haven't promoted the single once.
    Usually they'd be all over tv a week or two before the single even comes out performing but this time nothing lol they hardly even mention the single when they make appearances.

• August 2014
    644 Reputation
    I think part of it is that Sailor Moon Crystal isn't being broadcast on a major TV station. Only true fans of Sailor Moon even know about it in my opinion. It might be drawing some of the younger crowd, but I think most people who are watching it are fans of the original.