Momokuro AX(2015) Gathering and Group Project
  • dcpoor

June 2015
    33 Reputation
    AX is usually this bad and they've been this way for years now.
    They fumbled the Morning Musume in 2009 and AKB48 in 2010 appearances as well.
    They barely did anything to promote either guest and the television commercials on local Japanese TV didn't mention them at all. They would be the biggest names and attractions for the local Japanese community, but nope, lets mention and promote American Voice Actors instead. AKB's appearance was even worse in that they didn't offer stand by(free) tickets until the last possible moments and Nokia Theater was half empty for their show.

• honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation
    Dave said:

most KISS fans either don't know or don't want to know about this collaboration. To KISS fans, it's an embarrassment for them to be playing with an all girl pop band. We all think it's fine but there were a lot of groans the other day when Babymetal took pics with KISS as well. Just focus on the Z and everything will be just fine!

I can imagine Gene $imonn$ watching footage from last year´s Never Ending Adventure, watching the sea of people chanting during the overture and listening to the cash register sound in his head...

and now trying to get on the Babymetal bandwagon, telling to Paul : it should have been us instead of Dragonforce

I like Kiss and all, but Gene is a fierce businessman after all

• honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation
    dcpoor said:

To be fair, AKB didnt send their best aces anyway.. Sasshi wasnt as huge as she is now.

• June 2015
    322 Reputation
    They just want to get their name out there; I'm glad they are open to collaborations of this kind, even if it makes them look bad to their fans.

As for the Babymetal situation, it's more complicated because "metal fans" complain that it's "destroying" the genre or whatever, but many of these people don't understand the context or the point of the band at all. Momoclo is more blatantly an idol group, so it's more, I guess, questionable to collab with, even though not all their songs are strictly pop. I feel like the US music industry forces certain groups to limit themselves into certain genres, and people who don't listen to Japanese music aren't aware of the fact that in that industry, a single artist or group can perform songs of multiple genres, or even fuse them like Babymetal.

• dcpoor

June 2015
    33 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

dcpoor said:

To be fair, AKB didnt send their best aces anyway.. Sasshi wasnt as huge as she is now.

eh?

• honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation
    well, i´ll be damned.
    My bad, i was sure they´d only sent Rie and Sasshi

Not a big AKB48 fan myself, but now i got a valid reason to lament missing that one now i see proof Takahashi Minami was there. Oh well..

• dcpoor

June 2015
    33 Reputation
    yeah, the big names/aces were there, but for the autograph session it was mostly the less popular girls. I gave not popular yet sasshi the gift of trolling.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    I'm hoping for Words of the Mind so that Momoka could throw me that glove. I send tweets to kwkm requesting it lol

• June 2015
    78 Reputation
    If you think the momoclo situation is bad... they just announced Anamanaguchi, and they're referring to them as their headliners. Nice job AX. I feel bad for any anamanaguchi fans who have literally 2 weeks advance notice.

Honestly with momoclo, I think a lot of the delays have to do with the raffle.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    So this will be the front design will look like. Its a larger image so you can see the Earth in the middle better.

• June 2015
    78 Reputation
    Excuse me, I was mistaken, the concert with be Anamanaguchi and a special mystery guest headliner... who they are announcing on JULY 2nd!!! Are you kidding me? That particular concert is on July 3rd, fyi. It's nice that they are giving them a 1 day's notice on whoever this mystery headliner turns out to be.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    Their management skills are horrible. I can't believe they've been doing this for over a decade. You would think they've gotten better at it by now

• Dave

June 2015
    21 Reputation
    Yesterday I tweeted to them asking if AE Fan Club members would get any kind of special tickets and they said no. This was their reply to my question about autographs but later I couldn't find it so I think they deleted it.

"There may be, but we're not too sure about the details as of yet, sorry! That's more of an MCZ management decision, than an A"

I assume it was supposed to say more of a MCZ decision than an AX one

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    mock up of the designs on a shirt template to help better see what it might look like.

• June 2015
    78 Reputation
    Dave said:

Yesterday I tweeted to them asking if AE Fan Club members would get any kind of special tickets and they said no. This was their reply to my question about autographs but later I couldn't find it so I think they deleted it.

"There may be, but we're not too sure about the details as of yet, sorry! That's more of an MCZ management decision, than an A"

I assume it was supposed to say more of a MCZ decision than an AX one

Hey, that's better than what we've been hearing at least. If anything, it's basically confirmation that autographs depend entirely upon MCZ, so we can't blame AX if Momoclo doesn't have one

We definitely need someone to talk to KWKM about this.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    All we can do is just keep tweeting and requesting for autographs. If we can get enough people to keep requesting it, it MIGHT convince them to give us one. So keep tweeting #meetmomoclo. If anyone knows any Japanese mononofus going, you should ask them to flood kwkm twitter account with it too lol

• Dave

June 2015
    21 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Dave said:

most KISS fans either don't know or don't want to know about this collaboration. To KISS fans, it's an embarrassment for them to be playing with an all girl pop band. We all think it's fine but there were a lot of groans the other day when Babymetal took pics with KISS as well. Just focus on the Z and everything will be just fine!

I can imagine Gene $imonn$ watching footage from last year´s Never Ending Adventure, watching the sea of people chanting during the overture and listening to the cash register sound in his head...

and now trying to get on the Babymetal bandwagon, telling to Paul : it should have been us instead of Dragonforce

I like Kiss and all, but Gene is a fierce businessman after all

Yeah he is something else. I love Gene but he gets a little carried away. Unfortunately KISS Stopped really being a band and became a business and a very good one at that) so they are similar to idols in that respect. I do feel that MCZ and Babymetal still sort of feel like they are a band since you know all them members well enough but maybe they could switch a girl. MCZ successfully lost a member but could they do it again? How about 2 of them? Babymetal would be weird without Su, Yui, and Moa. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen but KISS survived all of that stuff and still thought outside the box enough to go to another country and create a number one hit 40 plus years on. The fans complain and yet they still buy their stuff. I don't always love everything they do but still there is nothing quite like a KISS show. Them being there had no bearing on my trip at all but if I hear there is an autograph session, I will bring the Samurai Sun promo poster to get signed lol.

• Lak

June 2015
    122 Reputation
    I revised the front logo for the shirt I'll be making for the concert. This one better shows the globe. I'm only planning to do a few for myself and a few friends. I'm not selling them but if anyone going to the concert wants one. I can make you one. I won't charge for it but any donation to help cover the cost of materials would be appreciated. Although not a requirement. I plan to go buy some white T-shirts tomorrow. So if you're going to the concert and wants one, please let me know asap so I can get a count of what I'll need.

• honkey5honkey5

June 2015
    304 Reputation

I wouldn't be surprised If they get released a week before the event, at this pace might as well sell tickets at the door

You know those moments when someone say something funny or sarcastic, and you laugh and say: "Nah, that can't happen" ... then you think twice and say :"That CAN'T happen, right? Right? RIGHT?" And you can't even chuckle nervously.

• June 2015
    322 Reputation
    Lak, I'll totally buy one from you, it would be a great memento. I will donate for your efforts, of course, it's the least anyone could do for a shirt.