[ALBUM] 3rd "AMARANTHUS" and 4th "Hakkin no Yoake"
  • manumczmanumcz

January 2016
    12 Reputation
    Hello everyone I followed this site sometime ago so finally I decided to join to the forum :D
    Well respect to the 3rd and 4th Album the tracklist sound really interesting, is really rare that GOUNN doesn't enter in the tracklist I thought it would be in AMARANTHUS :( and another thing "Katte ni Kimi ni" isn't the song that the girls premiered at an event of the Yankees in march or april of the last year?

• January 2016
    144 Reputation

I like the fact that except for a few these are mainly new songs
    I never like these idol albums with basically all the singles and that's it

Yeah, I always thought that was one of the things that puts Momoclo above most of the other groups out there. I'm really excited to hear this big a load of new content. :x

I'm also surprised that GOUNN isn't in here. It seems like it would fit in well with the mystical theme that a bunch of the Hakkin no Yoake titles seem to have.

• January 2016
    1238 Reputation
    Thanks nemurenatta for all the song title translations and other info you've provided over these past few days.

• honkey5honkey5

January 2016
    304 Reputation

I'm also surprised that GOUNN isn't in here. It seems like it would fit in well with the mystical theme that a bunch of the Hakkin no Yoake titles seem to have.

Same here, and for exactly the same reasons. But until the albums come aout and we listen to them, i still suspect the surprises are far from over because MCZ being MCZ

• honkey5honkey5

January 2016
    304 Reputation
    manumcz said:

and another thing "Katte ni Kimi ni" isn't the song that the girls premiered at an event of the Yankees in march or april of the last year?

I knew it! After all, i didnt dream of hearing a MCZ song on Maakun´s warm up that wasnt Dear Fellow nor Hashire, last year.

• January 2016
    372 Reputation
    manumcz said:

Hello everyone I followed this site sometime ago so finally I decided to join to the forum :D
    Well respect to the 3rd and 4th Album the tracklist sound really interesting, is really rare that GOUNN doesn't enter in the tracklist I thought it would be in AMARANTHUS :( and another thing "Katte ni Kimi ni" isn't the song that the girls premiered at an event of the Yankees in march or april of the last year?

If you mean the one Tanaka warms up to, that's My Dear Fellow. But he may have used other songs too, not sure.

• January 2016
    5201 Reputation
    AMARANTHUS limited edition
    http://natalie.mu/music/news/172481

• InvaderInvader

January 2016
    1737 Reputation
    I don't even know what to make of the album with that cover :)) it makes me think the album is only going to feature those 4 instruments and I'm trying to picture what that would be like.

It's also confusing that the top part of the cover feels like Africa and the Bottom like South America... Is the sound going to be influenced by those places?

• January 2016
    116 Reputation
    This limited edition cover is AMAZING. Usually I'm not a fan of hodgepodge photoshop collages for covers, but the colors and imagery is actually really fascinating to look at. The contrast is fantastic.

Hakkin no Yoake's limited edition cover hasn't been revealed yet right?

• honkey5honkey5

January 2016
    304 Reputation
    The concept of Amaranthus has a strong "Day of the dead" vibe on it
    Is nothing rare for MCZ to dwelve on that idea - 5th Dimension had a theme of "trascendentalism" so i think this is taking a step forward on that direction - a huge step since we are dealing with metaphisics of a higher level which im not sure if its not too pretentious for a pop group to be treading in those areas . Dont get me wrong, im not putting down MCZ for attempting at tackling a subject like this. Im just hoping people appreciate the effort and grasp more than just the idea of a cool cover

My Chemical Romance tried it before (The Black Parade) and people accused MCR of being too tacky - Other people consider that album a masterpiece, so you get my idea..

Invader said:

It's also confusing that the top part of the cover feels like Africa and the Bottom like South America...

I know right? , i had no idea there were giraffes in Mexico :))

• January 2016
    372 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

I know right? , i had no idea there were giraffes in Mexico :))

There are, in the circus. The background looks like some kind of South American circus. (the art is Inca, so it's probably something from the Peru/Bolivia region). It's a perfectly coherent concept.

And I agree with Gakugeeeekai, that cover is brilliant. I wish they had used it on the regular album, instead of giant Kanako head.
    Invader said:

I don't even know what to make of the album with that cover :)) it makes me think the album is only going to feature those 4 instruments and I'm trying to picture what that would be like.

Does it really make you think that?

• January 2016
    144 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

The concept of Amaranthus has a strong "Day of the dead" vibe on it
    Is nothing rare for MCZ to dwelve on that idea - 5th Dimension had a theme of "trascendentalism" so i think this is taking a step forward on that direction - a huge step since we are dealing with metaphisics of a higher level which im not sure if its not too pretentious for a pop group to be treading in those areas . Dont get me wrong, im not putting down MCZ for attempting at tackling a subject like this. Im just hoping people appreciate the effort and grasp more than just the idea of a cool cover

Yeah, that cover and the old Amaranthus logo look very Day of the Dead inspired. I'm guessing that Amaranthus is going to be sort of themed around life and spirits/souls, as the amaranth is supposed to represent immortality in some traditions; the Day of the Dead seems like it would tie in nicely to that. To speculate further, it seems from the song titles that Hakkin no Yoake is probably going to be more about the mind/enlightenment; going with what you said about 5th Dimension, maybe Amaranthus is about physical transcendence and HnY is about mental? Ah well, who knows; hopefully the HnY cover will be shown soon too :P

• honkey5honkey5

January 2016
    304 Reputation

The background looks like some kind of South American circus. (the art is Inca, so it's probably something from the Peru/Bolivia region). It's a perfectly coherent concept.

Oh, i dont say the opposite. - I think there are lots of elements of the central-South america cultures - i can see besides the Peruvian elements you mention, and also Mexican elements like the Lucha Libre mask, the little skeletons wearing what looks like Sombreros de Mariachi -

Ditto on the cover being exclusive for the Limited Edition - I think the regular editions are beautiful too, but that thing with Leader outsizing the rest feels wrong

• InvaderInvader

January 2016
    1737 Reputation

Invader said:

Does it really make you think that?

Of course it does, usually when you see instruments on an album cover it means those are going to be on the actual album. Like, you see the cover of SCANDAL's Queens are Trumps, in which they're holding their guitars, and you would expect to hear those instruments, not a flute and some maracas =)) .

I get that it's different for idols, what they show on the cover does not actually represent the sound of the album. Or maybe it does, I would love to hear a song that is the musical embodiment of that cover.

• January 2016
    116 Reputation
    Aside from the banjo that Reni is holding (which i honestly wouldn't put past management to have her hold an odd instrument as an inside joke), they're typical marching band instruments, which matches their outfits, esp the hats, so it popped out to me strongly as a visual theme than communicating that they're a drum/flute/trumpet/banjo unit (which would be pretty funny lol).

Also, Kanako's skull baton is siiiick

• January 2016
    372 Reputation
    Invader said:

Of course it does

Well then you're the only person on the planet who thinks that. Everyone else is aware of the fact that Momoiro Clover Z's next album is not going to feature a drum, a flute, a trumpet and a banjo, and no other instruments.

So all is fine. They mislead one Literal Larry, and entertained the rest of us by coming up with a cover that's a little more creative than Scandal holding their guitars.
    Invader said:

I get that it's different for idols, what they show on the cover does not actually represent the sound of the album.

Scandal are idols. And a lot more prototypical at that than Momoclo. Being creative, rather than literal, on your album cover, is in no way reflective of the sound.

• January 2016
    116 Reputation

Invader said:

Of course it does

You are honestly telling me that you think Momoiro Clover Z's next album is going to feature a drum, a flute, a trumpet and a banjo, and no other instruments?

Invader already wrote:

Invader said:

I get that it's different for idols, what they show on the cover does not actually represent the sound of the album.

:P

• InvaderInvader

January 2016
    1737 Reputation

Invader said:

Of course it does

You are honestly telling me that you think Momoiro Clover Z's next album is going to feature a drum, a flute, a trumpet and a banjo, and no other instruments?

What? Did It sounded like I said that? I meant it as a joke, I said that the cover makes it look like the album is just those instruments. Momoclo is weird but not THAT weird, and I'm stupid but not THAT stupid as to think the album is just those 4 instruments :)).

Perception of the theme of the album via cover is one thing, what they do with the actual album is another. They might have done this cover because it looks cool but sadly it might not have anything to do with the actual feel of the music.

• January 2016
    264 Reputation
    It wouldn't surprise me if those instruments end up being featured on the album though! Banjo solo!!

• January 2016
    904 Reputation
    .....I'd like to hear a little bit of banjo, though.... It'd be hilarious since they already have a song called Gorilla Punch XD