964 Reputation
    M3「Monochro Dessan」&「Hakkin no Yoake」INST TEASER

• AzureusAzureus

January 2016
    1470 Reputation

• January 2016
    904 Reputation

Invader said:

WE ARE BORN sounds so EPIC! Do we even know what songs are getting a PV? I'm guessing two albums two PV's but I don't remember if it has been announced yet.

The limited for AMARANTHUS will have the PVs for WE ARE BORN and Monokuro Dessan while the limited for Hakkin no Yoake will have the PVs for Hakkin no Yoake and Mahoro Vacation.

Also to add on. WE ARE BORN and Mahoro Vacations are going to be filmed PVs for each album. MonoChro Dessan and Hakkin no Yoake will be Documentary PVs so we'll most likely expect some old footage compiled into one video for MonoChro *-*

I'm excited for the next 3 coming up. Unfortunately, I don't have the extra 2000 yen to spare nor a blu ray player to get the LE so I do hope they release the PVs soon before the actual release date. Unlike Z no Chikai when they gave us 2 teasers just days before release and wait until after release for the full thing OAO

• January 2016
    487 Reputation
    What really matters for me is that they release it on the American ITunes store. If it doesn't then I have to live off of youtube. :(

• January 2016
    322 Reputation
    They probably will be. Both Battle and Romance (minus Kaitou Shoujo) and 5th Dimension, and a few recent singles, are on there. iTunes has been expanding on J-Pop lately (well, sort of) so I would be surprised if they were not put on there, at least eventually.

• January 2016
    964 Reputation
    M4「Gorilla Punch」&「Mahorovacation」INST TEASER

• January 2016
    220 Reputation
    I have ordered from Amazon.jp before, but I was considering using another source this time for pricing reasons. Tower wants me to set up a tenso.com account to order through them. From what I can gather, the tenso account is like a po box and then they forward your shipments to you.

Has anyone set one of these accounts up?

• honkey5honkey5

January 2016
    304 Reputation
    Not having a blu-ray player is a reasonable motive to pass on the Limited Editions, but the pricing is not. Around mid november / early december - when it was announced the 4th album would have a Blu-Ray bouns instead of the original extra CD - the albums got such a drastic lowering in price in Amazon if proeordered then, you´d end up paying the same price than for the regular editions. From almost 4,000 yen to 3,100 each.
    Im not sure ow it works on CDJapan or Yesasia, but i think if you preorder the albums, you get an "x" pricing that cannot be increased on your cart even if the price of the albums goes up. But if the albums get a discount, it gets lowered also on your shopping cart and it cannot be increased. Anyone knows if this is true or im just assuming things?

• January 2016
    322 Reputation
    On CDJapan regardless of preorder, your credit card is instantly charged. So if the price for the albums decreases, you're out of luck. But the prices for these albums have been pretty much consistent all the way through for the most part, and they aren't gonna change anymore, that's for sure.

• January 2016
    449 Reputation

I have ordered from Amazon.jp before, but I was considering using another source this time for pricing reasons. Tower wants me to set up a tenso.com account to order through them. From what I can gather, the tenso account is like a po box and then they forward your shipments to you.

Has anyone set one of these accounts up?

Yes. Tenso and other forwarding services allow you to set up an account for free, giving you a Japanese address (and reference number for your individual account for the warehouse to know what goes to whom) to use when a Japanese retailer does not offer international shipping. Tenso then notifies you when you receive your package on their end, and you then pay a service fee, typically based on the value of the item(s) in the package, and shipping fees. I only use mine when there's something I want that I really can't find anywhere but in a Japanese domestic-only store.

Overall, if pricing is your main motivation, it's probably not worth it because of the extra fees involved, but that's up to your individual calculations. HMV is another retailer that does offer international shipping, but you may also consider buying second-hand on Yahoo Auctions through Buyee if money is tight. That's how I get most of my physical music nowadays, since half the time I can still get the CDs in their original packaging but with a decent price cut.

• January 2016
    964 Reputation
    M5「Buryotougen Nakayosimonogatari」&「Yumeno Ukiyoni Saitemina」INST TEASER

• January 2016
    5201 Reputation
    ^
    Zesshou! Naniwa de Umareta Shoujo Tachi =))

• January 2016
    220 Reputation
    Lurkette said:

Yes. Tenso and other forwarding services allow you to set up an account for free, giving you a Japanese address (and reference number for your individual account for the warehouse to know what goes to whom) to use when a Japanese retailer does not offer international shipping. Tenso then notifies you when you receive your package on their end, and you then pay a service fee, typically based on the value of the item(s) in the package, and shipping fees. I only use mine when there's something I want that I really can't find anywhere but in a Japanese domestic-only store.

Thanks for the information on Tenso. I'll probably just set it up just in case.

honkey5 said:

Not having a blu-ray player is a reasonable motive to pass on the Limited Editions, but the pricing is not. Around mid november / early december - when it was announced the 4th album would have a Blu-Ray bouns instead of the original extra CD - the albums got such a drastic lowering in price in Amazon if proeordered then, you´d end up paying the same price than for the regular editions. From almost 4,000 yen to 3,100 each.

I did preorder on Amazon and right now have good pricing on both Limited Edition Versions (under 3000Y each), but noticed that there is a different version for 4100Y (that popped up later) that includes the Trading Card. So I was trying to figure out if the version I pre-ordered was also before they announced the trading card. I couldn't justify the extra $20 just for the cards in my head.

• honkey5honkey5

January 2016
    304 Reputation

I couldn't justify the extra $20 just for the cards in my head.

I think the trading cards are nice, but yeah, i´d rather pass on paying extra for a trading card.
    If it comes with my copy, great. If not is still Ok. I´ll be just glad to have new music

• January 2016
    964 Reputation
    M6「Katteni Kimini」&「Rock The Boat」INST TEASER

• January 2016
    220 Reputation
    So back to the cards...am I looking at this right...that certain retailers will have certain members cards? It isn't going to be a random draw?
    Again, not that I want to pay more for the cards, but if it isn't random...then I might be tempted.

http://www.mczalbum.com/visual/3rd_collection/
    http://www.mczalbum.com/visual/4th_collection/

Duh, nevermind, clicked through and answered my own question...

• January 2016
    144 Reputation
    dgmdnHD said:

I am a big fan of Greg Kurstin’s work, especially his productions for Lily Allen, Kylie and Sia, so I am very glad to hear that one of his productions will be on MCZ’s album.

Info below might be spoilers -- also, I could be completely off, but figured I would point it out.

Spoiler:
    I knew that the first seconds of the album's “Teaser #2” below sounded familiar.

https://youtu.be/Jh6B4cPK5YQ

So, Britney Spears recorded a song called “Dangerous” back in 2008, but it ended up not being included on her album. It was leaked online few years ago. Intro from the the teaser (drowned out be the screaming) and the song sound the same to me. Production and writing credits on “Dangerous” go to Greg Kurstin and Nicole Morrier, according to Wikipedia.

https://youtu.be/jZcG_st7N40

If it is based on the same song... wonder how different it will sound other than the lyrics.

Looks like you were exactly right about Rock the Boat being a repurposed version of that Britney Spears song. You have an excellent ear! ^:)^ That's certainly an interesting choice of material though - I'm really curious what they did with it.

I also like the sound of Katte ni Kimi ni a lot. If it's all fairly similar to the preview, I think it could become another favourite concert anthem.

• January 2016
    964 Reputation
    M7「Seishunfu」&「Kibouno Mukoue」INST TEASER

• January 2016
    59 Reputation
    Hey dj_mischief, I wanted to add to your question about Tenso..
    I've been using them for a while now and I love it. They are very nice to you and very helpful, and their fees aren't very high as well.
    When I ordered the original soundtrack to the anime Air from the Japanese Amazon, I got it via Tenso and it only cost me.. like 4-6 dollars fee + shipping.
    I recently ordered two DVDs from JP Amazon via Tenso and fee + shipping where like 16 bucks, so it's no big money. I'm probably getting these Momoiro albums via Tenso :)

• January 2016
    964 Reputation
    M8「Saboten To Ribbon」&「Countory Roads -Toki No Tabibito」INST TEASER