HAWAII LA NY TOUR
  • November 2016
    73 Reputation
    Hi All! As you can see I rarely post here, but I was blessed to be able to go to the L.A. concert this year! I'll share some of my experience. I heard about it late, so by the time I went to purchase my ticket the VIP was sold out :( . But hey, at least I was still able to go! I flew in from Texas the day before and after I checked into my hotel, which was literally just down the street from The Wiltern, I went to go scope out the theater. There was another show going so I couldn't go inside, but I spoke with security to get info about how things worked with the lines and such. Also, I noticed that there were 2 posters advertising the show: 1 normal movie-sized poster around the podium in the center of the doorway, and 1 that was a bit larger on the inner wall. I inquired if they were available to put my name on or purchase, and they let me buy whichever I wanted right then! So I chose the smaller one (the larger was a bit pricey). I'll attach a pic at the end of this post.

So the next morning I got there at 7 AM, and yep, there was already a substantial line. I asked the person in front what time they got there, and they said they'd been waiting since 7 PM the previous day. It's funny because I had gotten there around 6 PM the night before, so I COULD have been first in line, but I probably would have froze to death overnight, plus I just had a GA ticket anyway so I wouldn't be first in no matter what. Anyhow, right off the bat I met some awesome people in line. Actually, everyone was pretty awesome. There were lots of people handing out freebies. I got a coaster, a charm, a Momoka poster, 3 different buttons (Kanako, Shiori, and Reni - too bad I didn't get a complete set of the girls), and a patch. Both the American and Japanese fans were giving stuff away. So that was really cool.I called the ticket office, spoke to staff, and generally tried very hard to upgrade my ticket to VIP, but it was a no-go: sold out. I did upgrade to the Underground pass which gave me access to a lounge 1 hour before the show, and I got a small spread of snacks and access to a bathroom, which was important (I didn't want to have the urge to go during the show). Oh, and it worked as the B crowd as far as speedy access to the merch tables and show. VIP went first of course, but we few Underground folk went 2nd, with the Pass the Line folks coming right after and finally the GAs.

The show itself was phenomenal.The energy that the girls and the fans had was just amazing.My tired legs that had been standing most of the day got rejuvenated the moment they started singing. I have my favorite songs, but my favorite performances were Ikuze! Kaitou Shoujo, Ano Sora e Mukatte, Hashire, and surprisingly, Momoiro Taiko Dodon-ga Bushi. Ikuze! was awesome because it's Ikuze! of course (complete with Ebizori Jump). Ano Sora e Mukatte was cool because they sang a good chunk of it in English! It's one of my favorite songs anyway, but when the lyrics didn't sound right I got confused, and started listening harder, only to discover that yes, they were singing in English. It was beautiful, much better than Z no Chikai's English version. Hashire was spectacular because that was the very last song they sang. It was their 2nd encore, after our voices had been worked to the limits, and man, everyone was on point! We all got so loud, and our penlights flew up in tandem with each other and the girls, and they smiled so much...it was amazing! As for Momoiro Taiko Dodon-ga Bushi, it wasn't one of my favorite Momoclo songs. But the live performance was amazing! They had a guest taiko drummer (drummers actually),and he was awesome. But the girls played the drums as well, and did a great job! I also loved the choreography of it, and the use of the drumsticks with their cool poses and stuff. Just because of that, I think I'll enjoy the song more whenever I hear it from now on. Also, I have the urge to go get the video game, except i don't have a Wii! Oh well. LOL!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I met more cool people in the Underground and during the show itself. I felt so proud when a Japanese fan turned around at the end of the show and told me "You cheered so well. I am proud of you. You are a true mononofu!" I said goodbyes to the people I sat with and headed out of the venue after snapping some pics of the bouquets the Wiltern had put out for the girls in the lobby. Then, I thought to myself, what if I just meander around the building to the back...

So I walked around the back and found a very small group, maybe 12 people or so, all Japanese fans, standing at a gate near the garage/exit of the theater. One guy had recently moved to L.A. from Japan for his job, and he spoke English well so we talked a lot. He said they were expecting the girls to exit there, and after about 20 minutes, out came Momoka with a mask on, A-rin right behind her. It was funny because it looked to me like A-rin was trying to put her mask up, but just let it drop because she knew she wasn't hiding from us. Shiori and Reni came out behind them and though they moved quickly to their bus, they did wave at us and I think Shiori said a comment or 2 to a fan, and Reni gestured some as well. But it was quick; there were no handshakes (and they didn't allow photos), and they were gone. But where was Kanako? Did we somehow miss her?

Now if you asked me before the show who my favorite member was, I'd have had a hard time answering. I really do love all the girls. They're each unique, have great personalities, and bring equal petals of awesome to the full clover that is Momoclo. But Kanako probably edged out the other 4, just barely. I had bought her shirt only, and when some fans had us sign specific things for single members, my messages all went to Kanako. Anyhow, we waited and watched. A few people left, and a few more showed up (including some more American fans), but there were still less than 20 of us I'd say. After much of the crew left, I saw a man come out and recognized him; it was Kawakumi. I announced his name and the others turned and looked, and right after he came out (and again warned everyone not to take pictures), Kanako walked out (again wearing glasses), big smile on her face and eyes open wide. Guys, she was so gracious and thankful to us! She came up close, thanked us, told us she loved us, and kept a huge smile with those ultra-cute dimples wide on her face. She gestured at us that she was tired by putting her tilted head on her hands and closing her eyes. I spoke out "oyasumi" and she replied "oyasumi." She waved at everyone and looked us all in the eyes, and finally got into the SUV with pitch-black tinted windows. Before they drove away, she rolled down the window, poked her head and hands out, and gestured a heart with her hands towards us. Then, she drove away. But then, after they rounded the corner, she stuck her whole torso out the window and waved one last huge time at us! We waved back excitedly, and that signaled the end of our night.

---continued next post

• November 2016
    73 Reputation
    -------------Part 2, LOOOONG post

Guys, like superman, I was starstruck (although I'm not twice her age; I still have over a decade up on her though LOL) by Kanako. She was just so gracious. The Japanese fans around me were stunned as well. One woman exclaimed under her breath "kawaiiiii...". Because she was; Kanako's actions and looks were so cute. She is an amazing performer, and an amazing person. They all are. But yeah, after that experience, I can confidently say Kanako is my favorite member now,though I still love all the girls of course.

So yeah, unfortunately, The Wiltern didn't hit 100% capacity. I'd say that about half of us were American, and the other half Japanese. If you want to break that down further I met Asians (Americans), black, white, and Hispanic people. I myself am half white, half Mexican. The majority of VIPers were Japanese, but not all of them. There were more males to females I think, but the female crowd was substantial. And there were even a few (just a few) kids there. One Japanese fan that is going to all 3 told me that our concert was better than the Hawaii one, in his opinion. So even with a smaller crowd I think we did good to show our support. Man, if you could hear Hashire...we were all true mononofu for that song.

-Brad

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation
    PLEASE tell us the setlist for the LA show!

• November 2016
    73 Reputation
    MM305 said:

PLEASE tell us the setlist for the LA show!

Oh yeah, I'm so sorry, but I don't remember the order of the songs or even every song they sang. Actually, to be honest, though I have them all on CD, I don't know the names of all the songs either. But it was a little different than Hawaii's setlist for sure, because they didn't do Link Link. Hmm...actually, looking at Hawaii's setlist, it may have been the same except for Link Link, meaning we got 1 song less...maybe. I don't know. Someone else who went to the show would probably know better than I.

***Edit: Oh wait! We didn't get one less, because we got Head Cha-La! Hawaii got Link Link, and we got Head Cha-La. There may be other differences but again, I'm not sure.

• November 2016
    306 Reputation
    thanks for the nice write up. it was a fun read

• November 2016
    964 Reputation
    Mononofu Twitter

• November 2016
    22 Reputation
    The set list was the same as Hawaii.

• dcpoor

November 2016
    33 Reputation
    Kanako's exit was amazing, what a cutie.

My brother and I yelled "DEKO IS SHINY" and she instantly covered up her deko with her free hand. :))
    She teased us and flashed it with a great smile.

When she rolled down the windows of the SUV she made a heart towards the fans and blew a kiss. :\">
    <3

• November 2016
    73 Reputation

Except instead of Link Link we got Cha-La Head Cha-La.

dcpoor said:

Kanako's exit was amazing, what a cutie.

My brother and I yelled "DEKO IS SHINY" and she instantly covered up her deko with her free hand. :))
    She teased us and flashed it with a great smile.

When she rolled down the windows of the SUV she made a heart towards the fans and blew a kiss. :\">
    <3</p>

I still can't get over how appreciative she was. She obviously loves her fans.

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation

Except instead of Link Link we got Cha-La Head Cha-La.

Well, I guess then they are sticking with (in my opinion) the underwhelming setlist. I just hope that they AT LEAST perform "My Dear Fellow" for the New York show so they can reference Masahiro Tanaka (because it's the PERFECT oppurtunity to do so)!!

• OM617OM617

November 2016
    176 Reputation
    Is the poster the same in LA and NY?

• wizardwizard

November 2016
    62 Reputation
    Thank you guys for putting your stories about the live shows here to read.

I just finished work and am having a great time on the train here, reading and imagining what it must have been like :)

• November 2016
    964 Reputation
    Player of the Japanese drums Shuichi Hidano's Blog
    http://s.ameblo.jp/hidashu-cream/entry-12221043148.html

The Wiltern Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BM92kiZhbCK/

• November 2016
    964 Reputation

• November 2016
    306 Reputation

• November 2016
    904 Reputation
    Guess who freaking cried her eyes out, got a hug and hand held by Reni and completely lost her voice at NY?

• AzureusAzureus

November 2016
    1470 Reputation
    Omg, I got choke up seeing you cry. I'm so happy for you to meet and hug Reni and thank you for the Kanako pin badge.

The history lesson about the girls was great and was funny how they pick on each other. The group picture was great which I hope I get to see it soon. Then we did group picture where we were the first group to go up. For me that didn't matter because Im just happy I get to say hi and wave to the girls very close as we exit the stage.

Being at my very first Momoclo concert was awesome and I never had this fun in a concert before. Standing in line up since 10 in the morning in the cold wind was worth it.

I was close to the front to the left middle pit with the other japanese mononfu's around me, they were very nice and kind to me when sometime we bump each other doing while we were dancing along with the girls. My first experience to chanting with them was so awesome even though I don't know some of it. Thanks to the blu-rays concert I have been watching, help me do some of the chants with ease. It got crazy once coco natsu song came up, I had to follow the crowd just to avoid getting push. But over all I had a blast doing it with them.

At the end of the concert everybody chanted "Please come back" and I choke up. It felt like one of those magical moment that will never come back.

To all my heart and soul, thank you very much Momoclo for giving me my first and awesome concert of my life.

• November 2016
    41 Reputation
    The NY concert was awesome! I'm glad everyone had a great time, I know my friend and I did. It was my first momoclo concert and now any DVD's I watch will not be as awesome as seeing them live. The Japanese mononofu were awesome. I too had been bumped a few times, but that is expected to happen when you are in such close proximity to one another. I was surprised by how many Japanese mononofu spoke English. I wish I could speak as much Japanese as they speak English. It was awesome to finally do the chants in person. I have been practicing by watching the DVDs and it was worth it! I hope the girls keep their promise and come back soon!

• November 2016
    964 Reputation
    Masahiro Tanaka came in the concert of NY.
    He is a famous pitcher and Mononofu.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNBLMumDnMF/

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation
    I'm sure a lot of us here knows that momotaka. But for the folks who are unaware of this guy, he is the starting pitcher (and ace) for the New York Yankees since getting signed in 2014, and is known for being a mononofu back at his old pitching days in Japan. He''s the guy who appeared at MCZ Christmas 20014 Day 2 where he had a fun little against Kanako (as in pitcher vs batter battle), not to mention that eating show the year before, and has een/talked to them a bunch of times actually. Here's a video of another Tanaka and MCZ moment:

Spoiler:

By the way, did the girls gave ANY reference/mentioned to Tanaka? Did they perform My Dear Fellow?