HAWAII LA NY TOUR
  • November 2016
    14 Reputation
    They put me in the back of the group picture I Was in even though I am 5'4" but at least I had a princess blade so it was easy for me to find myself lol. Whatever, I am just happy Momoka touched my hand during the event. After seeing them live though my ranking is even tighter than it was before because all the girls had such amazing stage presence. It seriously goes Momoka and then all four tied.

• November 2016
    220 Reputation
    You know I'm kicking myself because I didn't splurge on the VIP for the LA show. But it is what it is, I already had to take 2 days off work and fly down for the show. That being said, I think my non-VIP experience was different, but still awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet anybody here (that I know of).

After waiting almost an hour for merch, I ended up pretty far back in the GA section, but at least I was in the front of the section I was in. Found myself next to a mononofu from Japan who went to the Hawaii show as well. And though we weren't able to exchange much in conversation there was just that universal feeling that we were both there to support the group and have fun.

He could tell that I was struggling with the chanting (and when to jump...hahaha), so seeing I was wearing yellow...he started to tap me everytime I was supposed to yell Shiorin! Since he was a Momoka fan, it made me want to support him - so I yelled extra loud for Momoka too. It was this infectious energy, not just from him, but everyone there.

By the time Koko natsu came on...there was enough room in our GA section (yeah it wasn't that crowded) and he started running around in the circle doing the dance...so I thought what the hell...and I followed suite.

Golden History was awesome live, and as said before, it is set up for such great crowd participation.

By the time overture played everything just hit another level. And I get what MM was saying about not using it in the beginning, heck - they could use it twice and I wouldn't care one bit. There is so much power in that, I can't even hear it now without getting goosebumps (actually that feeling started after AX)...

Anyhow, it was a once in a lifetime (for a second time). But this one was much better than the AX one for me. Even though I was disappointed at the size of the crowd, it wasn't watered down by the people that just wanted to see KISS or were just there because it was something at AX.
    And while the setlist didn't look like much on paper...it worked...worked well. I always liked Momoiro Taiko and the live performance of it pushed it way up. I was never a big Wani to Shampoo fan, but again after the live it takes on new life. Sure I would have loved Saraba or Otome Sensou or Kuroi Shuumatsu...but no complaints from me.

Ahhhh, I woke up the next day thinking I was getting sick, but my voice was just gone from yelling.
    =)

• November 2016
    964 Reputation

• RainyRainy

November 2016
    30 Reputation
    Azureus said:

SEKAI NO MOMOCLO NUMBER 1!
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/800186819534913536/pu/vid/1280x720/aq_0e6pSXg5mRLAQ.mp4

momotaka said:

Reni will be our statue of liberty lol

OMG I remember this moment, it was so sweet to see the audience continuing to call for another encore. I'm actually in the video, on the balcony in all pink and now I feel a little bit bad for leaving at that point. I did get to meet Furu-Chan because of it though, even though our conversation was short and mildly awkward on my end.

• November 2016
    51 Reputation
    iheartmcz said:

^my favorite paragraph with my limited translation skills.

.....It was an honor to meet you, and it made me very happy. I wanted to stay longer and talk wirh you more, so We will definitely meet again, PROMISE!

Here's a full translation for you

The mononofu who came from Japan.
    All the local mononofu.
    I was so happy because of all the mononofu who came to Hawaii and LA and NY.
    Because I honestly thought that no one was going to show up.

Because we usually only do stuff in Japan, I thought no way would overseas fans come out like this. That's why I'm so happy that we have people who know about us outside of Japan!

Thus there are people who say "I love you"
    There are people who scream out "Reni Chaaan." There are people who cry with happiness. The one who's happy to meet eachother is me! :) <3. It was true happiness. I wanted to talk with you more and more, and be together more and more :) So I will absolutely come to see you again!! It's a promise <3 So please, I hope that you continue to support me!<br />
    Also what really made me happy was how the Japanese Mononofu and the Overseas Mononofu seemed to have such a fun time speaking to each other, I can't express in words my emotions from the image of you all giving me support, hand in hand. :) <3<br />
    I don't know how many Mononofu in this world that I haven't met yet. In order to meet them, I have to keep on working hard!
    While we live on the same planet, we have date and time differences. But the feelings of support you give us, the smiles, I thought that all countries can be tied together with something in common.

Honestly, everyone, thank you <3<br />
    So now, everyone who helped us this time around to create this stage to convey the charms of Japan. Hanayagi Troupe. Mr Shuichi Hidano. Everyone in the Taiko Girls of LA. Issai Kun (Issai Hidano). Translator Yoshi. All the staff. All the people who helped out, from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. <3<br />

• November 2016
    904 Reputation
    I still have some t-shirts from those who ordered but didn't receive them. PM me if you have the chance

• November 2016
    30 Reputation
    So I uploaded all the swag I got from the nyc concert + gifts made by fans on to my fb album. Just wanted to share it with you guys

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153929643461143&id=512296142

• AzureusAzureus

November 2016
    1470 Reputation
    No english interview of momoclo I've seen yet, only a japanese one I've seen.
    https://www.facebook.com/sd3bj/videos/1279968505379937/

• November 2016
    73 Reputation
    I found an article from someone who went to the NY show: http://www.ohnoanime.com/2016/11/21/the-432nd-momoiro-clover-z-trans-america-ultra-live/

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation

Ah, a Florida boy I see? And he even mentioned MizukiChan (named as Tammy) in this post!

But did they really missed out on playing Ikuze Kaijo Shoujo in the New York show?

• Lak

November 2016
    122 Reputation
    For anyone who ATTENDED the concerts. We have a THANK YOU video project for people who attended any of the concerts. If you would like to contribute your 10 second MAX video. Record yourself with your thank you message and send it to my email at lakcoo2u@yahoo.com. I will combine the messages and post it when its completed. Deadline for this is Dec 2nd (Friday) Only 10 second recordings. And you can just use your phone for it.

• November 2016
    964 Reputation

• RainyRainy

November 2016
    30 Reputation
    momotaka said:

I hope someone translates this, I would love to know what they said about the concert.

• ColeenaColeena

November 2016
    174 Reputation
    Rainy said:

I hope someone translates this, I would love to know what they said about the concert.

I posted a translation in the (closed) Facebook group, but I'll post it here again. The girls didn't actually talk about the concert lol, except for the TV reporter giving a general introduction of what happened.

Spoiler:
    Q: What was your impression of America?
    Momoka:
    The place where we did our first performance was Hawaii. When the local audience members there told me, "I love you!" I was like, "Wow! I got a genuine 'I love you'!"

Aarin:
    Alongside our American tour, I did my own "Sasaki Ayaka Hard Rock Cafe America Tour" and went to Hard Rock Cafes in Hawaii, New York, and Los Angeles. Just by talking to store employees and walking around town, I really experienced the friendliness and cheerfulness of Americans.

Kanako:
    We got to eat a lot of things, but they all had huge portions. So we decided to share the portions that we couldn't eat by ourselves, which means we got to eat a wide variety of foods. I feel like we got to fully enjoy American cuisine.

Shiori:
    I've been to Hawaii and Los Angeles before, but this was my first time in New York. It was really exciting seeing Times Square.

Reni:
    There were a lot of free-spirited people walking along the streets. They'd be moving in time with music, or even singing as they walked. They seemed so free! That was when I felt like we were really in America.

• RainyRainy

November 2016
    30 Reputation
    Coleena said:

Rainy said:

I posted a translation in the (closed) Facebook group, but I'll post it here again. The girls didn't actually talk about the concert lol, except for the TV reporter giving a general introduction of what happened.

Spoiler:
    Q: What was your impression of America?
    Momoka:
    The place where we did our first performance was Hawaii. When the local audience members there told me, "I love you!" I was like, "Wow! I got a genuine 'I love you'!"

Aarin:
    Alongside our American tour, I did my own "Sasaki Ayaka Hard Rock Cafe America Tour" and went to Hard Rock Cafes in Hawaii, New York, and Los Angeles. Just by talking to store employees and walking around town, I really experienced the friendliness and cheerfulness of Americans.

Kanako:
    We got to eat a lot of things, but they all had huge portions. So we decided to share the portions that we couldn't eat by ourselves, which means we got to eat a wide variety of foods. I feel like we got to fully enjoy American cuisine.

Shiori:
    I've been to Hawaii and Los Angeles before, but this was my first time in New York. It was really exciting seeing Times Square.

Reni:
    There were a lot of free-spirited people walking along the streets. They'd be moving in time with music, or even singing as they walked. They seemed so free! That was when I felt like we were really in America.

Thank you so much for this Collena, I missed the post on facebook so I'm glad I have another chance to see it.

• January 2017
    964 Reputation

• MM305

January 2017
    436 Reputation
    I'm not gonna repeat what I have said about how disappointing the setlist is to me, but I am going to make some comments about the setlist since they sorted the songs by season:

- Although I'm not 100% on the translation for Mahoro Vacation, isn't the song about taking a vacation at some resort island/resort area? That kind've subject seems more fitting to be part of the Summer than in the Spring!
    - Speaking of Summer, you obviously would expect coconatsu and Wani to Shampoo for sure to be part of that setlist, but I didn't think they would have added a couplem ore songs (especially since it leaves Summer to have the most amount of songs amongst the season.
    - I'm not sure if the 3 songs selected sounds like something that'll take place in that season, but then again, I don't think any MCZ song does. Plus, why 2 interludes for Autumn?
    - I understand the Sora no Curtain has been performed at an MCZ christmas show (as well as making it to the MCZ Winter Collection album), but I would have prefer Bokura no Century personally. Either way, I love BOTH SONGS, and I prefer those christmas songs than Santa san anyday (since Santa san is one of my least favorite MCZ songs).

• January 2017
    220 Reputation
    momotaka said:

Oh...no pictures from the LA show.

• January 2017
    904 Reputation
    Probably left it to news sites since only LA was covered in the media (aside from overture that did Hawaii)

Still some photos missing, though... Only 1 was from VIP but I wish they covered a tiny bit more since each one was unique after the presentation

• MM305

January 2017
    436 Reputation
    Werent all of the VIP meetings the same presentation (minus your meeting where you cried your hear out)?

What was different minus the VIP attendees and city?