HAWAII LA NY TOUR
  • November 2016
    41 Reputation
    MM305 said:

I'm sure a lot of us here knows that momotaka. But for the folks who are unaware of this guy, he is the starting pitcher (and ace) for the New York Yankees since getting signed in 2014, and is known for being a mononofu back at his old pitching days in Japan. He''s the guy who appeared at MCZ Christmas 20014 Day 2 where he had a fun little against Kanako (as in pitcher vs batter battle), not to mention that eating show the year before, and has een/talked to them a bunch of times actually. Here's a video of another Tanaka and MCZ moment:

Spoiler:

By the way, did the girls gave ANY reference/mentioned to Tanaka? Did they perform My Dear Fellow?

Yes, they did perform My Dear Fellow as an encore song and they mentioned him before performing the song.

• November 2016
    69 Reputation
    Who was the drummer from New York yesterday?

• November 2016
    30 Reputation
    I think I recognized him as one of the drummers from the toujinsai concerts

• November 2016
    904 Reputation
    Azureus said:

Omg, I got choke up seeing you cry. I'm so happy for you to meet and hug Reni and thank you for the Kanako pin badge.

No problem! And I pretty much cried throughout the entire VIP session since it was too real for my emotions to handle. I have to apologize to Reni if I see her again since I tried to run away... Felt so bad later since she probably thought I was terrified of her.
    People kept asking me how it was so I had to write a blog entry on it :3

https://glassedtakanofu.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/mcz-trans-america-tour-finally-meeting-them/

Azureus said:

At the end of the concert everybody chanted "Please come back" and I choke up. It felt like one of those magical moment that will never come back.

To all my heart and soul, thank you very much Momoclo for giving me my first and awesome concert of my life.

We did a lot of chanting at the end and it was awesome. Well... Not for our voices but it was awesome!

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation

Azureus said:

Omg, I got choke up seeing you cry. I'm so happy for you to meet and hug Reni and thank you for the Kanako pin badge.

No problem! And I pretty much cried throughout the entire VIP session since it was too real for my emotions to handle. I have to apologize to Reni if I see her again since I tried to run away... Felt so bad later since she probably thought I was terrified of her.

Don't worry Tammy, if ANYONE could understand what it's like to be extremely emotional about satisfying events, it's Momoclo. I mean seriously, you know how many times they cried in the Hajimete No Momoclo documentary? And there were for accomplishments like reaching #11/#6/#1 on oricon daily charts! Anyway, despite you "being done" with me, I just wanted to say congratulations for meeting your oishi and having the BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!!!

A quick question though: what does "SEKAI NO MOMOCLO NUMBER 1!" mean?

• OM617OM617

November 2016
    176 Reputation
    Momoclo is #1 in the world.

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation
    Ah, thanks!

• November 2016
    73 Reputation

People kept asking me how it was so I had to write a blog entry on it :3

https://glassedtakanofu.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/mcz-trans-america-tour-finally-meeting-them/

I love it! That is so awesome! I love how we all have our individual experiences from the shows and interactions with the girls that we can share with each other!

• November 2016
    306 Reputation
    it's such a pleasure hearing how nice the girls are. i know that's kinda in the job description for an idol, but if they went half as far as some of these accounts are saying, everyone would have been perfectly happy. I wonder if a part of them kinda liked the smaller crowds because it allowed for more interactions with the fans.

• November 2016
    904 Reputation
    The girls were so incredibly sweet. One of the Momoka fans in the same photo session as I was had a homemade dress for his Momoka doll and he was right behind her. As we were getting ready, she was talking to him and playing with the doll. It was so adorable XD
    Kanako was a good sport when we were shouting "DEKO IS SHINY" and shouted her thanks to her parents for her forehead. So cute

The weird thing was what everyone told me. When I was on the floor crying, some of the fans told Reni to go over as well as Kawakami. He even called her "horse face" and she kicked him. I didn't even know she petted my head until one of the guys told me....

• November 2016
    69 Reputation
    I gotta say, I was definitely out of the demographic there and was not prepared for any of it. But, it was the best concert I've been to. Even though my feet were killing me from standing for so long, I couldn't see all that much and I was sweating so much they made it very very enjoyable. The chants were easy to get a hang of and as much as I didn't like the setlist I understand why they picked it. I hope they come back to the states sometime soon!

• November 2016
    964 Reputation
    In YouTube, I found this video.

"Kawaii Kakkoii Sugoi" Momoclo INTERVIEW
    It is before a concert of LA
    http://www.kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com/2016/11/20/interview-mcz-wiltern-eng/

• MM305

November 2016
    436 Reputation
    momotaka said:

── Can you tell us a bit about the setlist?

Ayaka: I produced the setlist for this show, hoping to express the four seasons of Japan. I hope that American fans can experience Japanese tradition such as cherry blossoms, Japanese drums, and summer festivals through this setlist./

Ah, so it was Ayaka was the one who decided the setlist for the 3 shows (or at least played a factor in it). I like her intent on it (and of course, ANY setlist will still satisfied any mononofu in attendance), but I still believe that the list could have had more firepower!!

I know folks, of course there will still be songs that are loved dearly to be left out on the tour nd I do love just about every song played in the tour, but it is really striking how many "classic/most successful" MCZ songs were left for the tour: Mungen no Ai, Roudou Sanka, Saraba, Otome Sensou, Z Densetsu, GOUNN, Naitdemo Iindayo, etc. I don't think all of them needs to get played, but it just shocks me how many did not make the tour. You would think that because this maybe one of the only intances MCZ will perform in America, that they will prioritize on presenting folks how epic they can truly be (NOT that I'm saying they weren't that during the tour although I wouldn't know since I wasn't there).

So in the end, I liked and understand Ayaka's idea and intent for the setlist, but I personally believed it could have been improved. Still, I'm sure just seeing them perform anyway is still a tremendous experience for any attending mononofus (no matter what songs they played)!!

• November 2016
    73 Reputation
    Kanako just posted some stuff about the America tour. She thanked Hawaii, Los Angeles, and New York in English and posted a few pics. Then at the end she said, "We will meet again, definitely! :)"

Momoka posted some stuff yesterday, including pics and a lot of text in Japanese I can't read. LOL

• November 2016
    32 Reputation
    Let's all hope that they got the message when the NY crowd got the "please come back!" chant going after the 2nd encore. I'm pretty sure they acknowledged it but i couldn't hear what they said as we were just too loud at that point.

• AzureusAzureus

November 2016
    1470 Reputation
    SEKAI NO MOMOCLO NUMBER 1!
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/800186819534913536/pu/vid/1280x720/aq_0e6pSXg5mRLAQ.mp4

momotaka said:

Reni will be our statue of liberty lol

• November 2016
    51 Reputation

Who was the drummer from New York yesterday?

That was Issai Hidano

Edit: It's also not a coincidence, he is Mr Shuuichi Hidano's son. Also if you look carefully you can see him performing at all the Toujinsai's

• November 2016
    964 Reputation
    Azureus said:

Reni will be our statue of liberty lol

Momoka version

Momoka‘s Blog
    http://ameblo.jp/ariyasu-sd/

• OM617OM617

November 2016
    176 Reputation
    Very nice entry in Reni-Chan's blog
    http://ameblo.jp/takagi-sd/entry-12221552988.html

• November 2016
    306 Reputation
    ^my favorite paragraph with my limited translation skills.

.....It was an honor to meet you, and it made me very happy. I wanted to stay longer and talk wirh you more, so We will definitely meet again, PROMISE!