HAWAII LA NY TOUR
  • honkey5honkey5

April 2016
    304 Reputation
    First, i refuse to call it USA Tour when they are playing only 2 big US cities, but anyway

We know meet & greet/ autograph sessions arent standar MCZ practice, and i know KWKM rarely acknowledges tweets from mononofu as long as requests come

On the other hand, DAY 0 event at AX didnt happen just because...

So, how practical would be to start a tweet campaign asking for a handshake/meet&greet/ just plain hanging around with MCZ pre -concert party?

• April 2016
    322 Reputation
    Might be a bit too early to start it up, but definitely something to consider.
    I mean, I'm pretty darn sure our #BringBackMomoclo caught his attention as he tweeted that he wanted to come back shortly after the hashtag got some attention.
    So of course, we Mononofu have the power.

• April 2016
    904 Reputation
    we can probably start around May or June as a summer buildup. And it should be early enough for them to consider it when booking the venue *-*

• April 2016
    964 Reputation
    Is the hashtag of Twitter #momocloAmerica #momoclo ?

• April 2016
    306 Reputation
    i know this won't happen (not enough time) but I was thinking it would be cool if the girls drove from NY to LA and documented their travels on video. They could even live stream some stops.

It would be cool if they drove a sponsored car, but even in a bus would be cool. I am sure something like this could be featured on some japanese tv show.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2016
    304 Reputation
    I know there will be major sightseeing. Is the Statue of Liberty open to visitors yet? I would bet that will be a sure spot. They went to to Universal studios last year, so who knows? The Griffith Park or Hollywood sign maybe? I know is cliche for tourists those spots, but anyway..

• April 2016
    372 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

So, how practical would be to start a tweet campaign asking for a handshake/meet&greet/ just plain hanging around with MCZ pre -concert party?

They don't do handshake events. Asking them to do something they clearly made a conscious choice not to do would be pretty unreasonable. Are you sure being unreasonable on twitter is how you want to greet them as they visit your country?

• April 2016
    904 Reputation
    That kind of intimate event is pretty rare nowadays. I know they used to have handshake events until about 2012 when venues became increasingly large and became out of hand. Nowadays, they don't really hold anything. Unless you count Reni when she visited that CD shop and signed CDs for fans who stopped by, taking pics at Murasaki station and her high five event after her solo concert. A fellow fans said he ran into her after the last day of the Dome Trek tour and her mom and she allowed fans to shake her hand as long as they behaved.
    But that's just Reni. Haven't heard anything for the other girls or the group as a whole aside from that unannounced appearance at the theater on Day 0 where they took photos with fans or the Day 0 event where any fan that were called up were given handshakes and hugs.
    It all depends on what management thinks is best. Of course, there could be a VIP thing that could be sold the same time as ticket sales where you can take a photo and maybe get a handshake. I went to a KPP concert back in 2013 but VIP tickets for that were about 100 USD which was 4x the ticket price (I didn't buy it because I was told it wasn't worth it and I didn't have a budget then compared to now)

• April 2016
    372 Reputation

I went to a KPP concert back in 2013 but VIP tickets for that were about 100 USD which was 4x the ticket price (I didn't buy it because I was told it wasn't worth it and I didn't have a budget then compared to now)

Yes, but that's KPP. Momoclo doesn't do that, as far as I know. I'm sure they'll be nice to fans while in the US (especially since it's gonna be smaller venues than in Japan), but they're not going to organize a handshake event (with or without VIP tickets).

Your best bet would be to do something spontaneous (spontaneous in the sense that it's not an official event, not in the sense that you surprise them with it out of the blue)...like a few people getting together, and getting them a really cool gift (something NY or LA themed...NOT FOOD, OBVIOUSLY). Then, I bet they would be willing to shake hands, sign autographs and take photos...but just asking for it on twitter wouldn't work, and it would be a bit impolite to do.

• April 2016
    372 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

I know there will be major sightseeing. Is the Statue of Liberty open to visitors yet?

It's open in theory, but not in practice...when I was in NY, I was told that reservations are made about a year in advance (there's a lot of security, and they can only process a few hundred people a day).

• April 2016
    904 Reputation
    Sorry. That was a bad example :P but it would have been a bigger chance to get the company more money if their fee was less than the ticket price rather than the crazy 100 USD

But knowing the fans, there would be a whole ton of them with gifts ready. I'm already planning one right now and have to earn and save money for it. I just need cooperation with fellow fans to make sure it's ready

• honkey5honkey5

April 2016
    304 Reputation

honkey5 said:

Asking them to do something they clearly made a conscious choice not to do would be pretty unreasonable. Are you sure being unreasonable on twitter is how you want to greet them as they visit your country?

They had a special event in the day before AX, which was basically interaction with Mononofu. Not handshake /autograph signing, but definetively a special thing to get close to asmerican mononofu

That's something they never do in Japan. I dont see how it would be impolite to ask for something AGAIN this time around.

Granted, being KWKM the serious person he is, he rarely acknowledges this tipe of requests AS I SAID. And he doesnt spak english either so making a direct plea to him would likely prove fruitless.
    And so the fact that after that AKB48 incident last year, handshakes are frowned upon by staff of every other management, not just MCZ

But there is the "WHAT IF" factor. Thats why the origin of my first post. Anything would do. Another event like the Day 0 would be simple. Depending, again of logistric, schedules

The only way to get things done are being positive about thins AND ACTIVE , not shrugging and thinking "nah, that'll never happen"

• April 2016
    322 Reputation
    For AX there were not Tweet requests for handshakes and what have you because it was said that it would only make kwkm more stressed out, but still we reached out to him (in English or Japanese) and somehow, he decided to let the girls hold not only the Day 0 event but to go up close and personal, something they would never do in Japan. I have no idea what would make kwkm decide this, but I like to think we American fans made an impression on him. So, I don't see the harm in showing even more interest either. Maybe not ask for specific and unlikely events to occur, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't show our support and not hold a campaign to show support for Momoclo.

• honkey5honkey5

April 2016
    304 Reputation
    Yes. Anything would be great. This time it will be hopefully a complete MCZ event without a con schedule to follow, so maybe they could fit something in between shows

• honkey5honkey5

April 2016
    304 Reputation

• April 2016
    904 Reputation
    Just a heads up: I'll be posting a special request on this thread in May and will need cooperation from the members here if you want to participate :3

• traukol

April 2016
    22 Reputation
    I'm definitely going to the NY show (I live in NY). I wonder if they're coming as guest during nyc comic con. Hope not, but it seems to make sense since they've done anime openings. I need to start saving money cause i plan on buying all the merch i can get my hands on...

• April 2016
    904 Reputation
    I'm sure there's going to be Merch at the venue. Why hold a concert without merch available?! That preposterous! OAO

• honkey5honkey5

April 2016
    304 Reputation
    Likely CDs, penlights and posters.

Shirts maybe. Hopefully they can come up with a better design than last years

• April 2016
    644 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Likely CDs, penlights and posters.

Shirts maybe. Hopefully they can come up with a better design than last years

Yea the AX shirt design was kinda bad. Like I would never wear that shirt.

• April 2016
    904 Reputation
    it clashes... a lot... o-o