HAWAII LA NY TOUR
  • August 2016
    11 Reputation
    Aw man. And here I thought I got lucky. Now what to do with the other ticket. No one I know likes the group. I'm in San Diego and traveling to LA via amtrak. If anyone knows anyone looking for a sole cheap LOGE BB in SD shoot a message my way.

• ColeenaColeena

August 2016
    174 Reputation
    ^ For $145... ouch D: Not sure how low you're willing to go, but I have a friend that may be interested, so I'll keep an eye out.

Right now, I'm filled with 100% regret going GA (after screaming for a long time about how I coincidentally ate breakfast in the same room as Ebichu in Taiwan...).
    If anyone has a VIP ticket for LA they want to get rid of, please hit me up!

• August 2016
    11 Reputation
    Tell me about it super ouch

• August 2016
    78 Reputation
    Coleena said:

^ For $145... ouch D: Not sure how low you're willing to go, but I have a friend that may be interested, so I'll keep an eye out.

Right now, I'm filled with 100% regret going GA (after screaming for a long time about how I coincidentally ate breakfast in the same room as Ebichu in Taiwan...).
    If anyone has a VIP ticket for LA they want to get rid of, please hit me up!

Same room at the same time? And you didn't notice?

• ColeenaColeena

August 2016
    174 Reputation
    Oh no, we were at the same hotel buffet breakfast, I totally noticed. After half an hour of being like "That girl sure looks a lot like Rinanan. Her shirt says Matsuno. Wow, the coincidences in this world..."
    And then I looked back at the table next to us and was like "oh shit, that's Mirei and Mayama and Ayaka. Ohhh shittt."
    To be fair, I had just woken up and was unable to see more than 5 feet in front of me for a while.

I did pass by Aiai and Rina when they were getting tea, and introduced myself as a fan. We talked for like 10 seconds, and I haven't been able to get over it for the past two days.
    (Mayama passed by while we were talking, and Rina and Aiai were like "This girl knows us!", and I forgot all language and made a heart sign with my hands. She heart signed back. Kill me now.)

• August 2016
    3398 Reputation
    Coleena said:

Kill me now

*desperately looking for knives, baseball bats or any kind of shooting devices nearby*

But then again thanks for those subs on A!O :)
    Haven't seen you in a while

• August 2016
    69 Reputation
    Does anyone have a guess as to how long the set list will be?

• August 2016
    904 Reputation
    Think of a 2 hr show so I'm guessing around 10-15 songs plus MC

• MM305

August 2016
    436 Reputation
    The main question now is what songs can we expect for the 3 shows?

I know that for New York, they have to sing My Dear Fellow just to reference Masahiro Tanaka.

• September 2016
    14 Reputation
    By the way, if anyone is looking for VIP for NYC let me know. My friend originally thought she could swing it, but she realized she is just getting back from Japan right before the concert so the timing is really bad for her.

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    yuzuriha said:

By the way, if anyone is looking for VIP for NYC let me know. My friend originally thought she could swing it, but she realized she is just getting back from Japan right before the concert so the timing is really bad for her.

I know someone who is looking for one!

• honkey5honkey5

September 2016
    304 Reputation

Being their first time in America on their own i guess they will try to fit as many classic songs as they can, plus a huge chunk of Amaranthus/Hakkin' , so i hope it wont be shorter than 2, 2 1/2 hours

Plus MC's to show off their english skills (God am i so anxious to hear Kanako's "American jokes")

Im not really expecting other songs than their most representative/fan favourites like Chai Maxx, Moon Pride, Wani to Shampoo. But i hope Gorilla Punch and Ai wo tsugu Mono make it

Besides, who knows? The set list may be different on each stop. So you'll get different encores in Hawaii, L.A. to N.Y

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Being their first time in America on their own i guess they will try to fit as many classic songs as they can, plus a huge chunk of Amaranthus/Hakkin' , so i hope it wont be shorter than 2, 2 1/2 hours

Plus MC's to show off their english skills (God am i so anxious to hear Kanako's "American jokes")

Im not really expecting other songs than their most representative/fan favourites like Chai Maxx, Moon Pride, Wani to Shampoo. But i hope Gorilla Punch and Ai wo tsugu Mono make it

Besides, who knows? The set list may be different on each stop. So you'll get different encores in Hawaii, L.A. to N.Y

They didn't really speak English during the concert last year. There was one MC moment but it was pretty awkward. And the "American joke" thing is actually kind of an insult, but of course Kanako didn't mean it that way.

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    Wait, what "American joke" did she made?

• vimoralvimoral

September 2016
    1424 Reputation
    ^ She said that she was Sailor Moon jajja

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    Okay? Why would that be considred an insult?

• vimoralvimoral

September 2016
    1424 Reputation
    For me isn't an insult, i think that the attendance didn't understood the joke

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    I don't understand it either.

• vimoralvimoral

September 2016
    1424 Reputation
    I think that she said so because she is a japanese girl (stereotype), or because she had taken the role of sailor moon on several chances.

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    It's not necessarily an insult, at least in this case. I said some might find it insulting - but obviously Kanako doesn't understand the implications of that so I don't personally take offense to it. (It's like when they put on Black face. They weren't trying to offend people, but obviously it did).

In general, Japanese people do not understand American humor. There are a lot of things like intonation, sarcasm, etc that are not prevalent in the Japanese language. Because of this, most American jokes don't translate very well, so the stereotype in Japan is that Americans are incredibly unfunny. Because of this, when Japanese people tell a joke and people don't laugh, they will follow up by saying "American Joke". Or many times "American Joke" is the punchline if the joke is intentionally bad. (The main idea is that Americans aren't funny, so unfunny jokes are labeled as American Jokes). I'm assuming Kanako isn't fully aware of all of that, and said it simply because she was in America. Kanako was saying she was sailor moon jokingly, the other members did not laugh, so she said "American Joke".

But I don't even think most of the crowd even understand the concept of "American Joke" anyway. I understood, but I think most of the audience was scratching their heads, because it was completely silent during that talking segment.