HAWAII LA NY TOUR
  • September 2016
    904 Reputation
    Anyone have a spare VIP Ticket? There's a fan in the FB Group who wants one

• honkey5honkey5

September 2016
    304 Reputation
    Badalight said:

They didn't really speak English during the concert last year. There was one MC moment but it was pretty awkward. And the "American joke" thing is actually kind of an insult, but of course Kanako didn't mean it that way.

Stop being so politically correct. It wasnt an insult by all means, just a joke.

Badalight said:

But I don't even think most of the crowd even understand the concept of "American Joke" anyway. I understood, but I think most of the audience was scratching their heads, because it was completely silent during that talking segment.

I dont know what concert did you attend, most people around me laughed at that comment. And it was both Japanese and Americans

You're making it seem like it was an embarassing moment for Kanako, which it wasnt.

It was just Kanako being simple-minded

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

Badalight said:

They didn't really speak English during the concert last year. There was one MC moment but it was pretty awkward. And the "American joke" thing is actually kind of an insult, but of course Kanako didn't mean it that way.

Stop being so politically correct. It wasnt an insult by all means, just a joke.

Badalight said:

But I don't even think most of the crowd even understand the concept of "American Joke" anyway. I understood, but I think most of the audience was scratching their heads, because it was completely silent during that talking segment.

I dont know what concert did you attend, most people around me laughed at that comment. And it was both Japanese and Americans

You're making it seem like it was an embarassing moment for Kanako, which it wasnt.

It was just Kanako being simple-minded

I'm not being politically correct. I'm explaining something that certain people could find offensive. I specifically said I didn't find it offensive, and said most of the crowd probably didn't either because I don't think many understand the implications of "American Joke", which seems to be a validated opinion to have since I had to explain it here.

I don't know why you're putting words in my mouth.

• honkey5honkey5

September 2016
    304 Reputation
    My dear fellow, you replied to my comment in a negative way, implying that Kanako's joke could be interpreted as offensive.

I don't think a single Mononofu saw it that way but you, even if you say you didn't think it was an insult.

Your comment was out of place, no better than that "Did it bother you the earlier outfits " nonsense

If you're going to respond to comments pointing out things in a negative way, expect people to be negative back at you

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    honkey5 said:

My dear fellow, you replied to my comment in a negative way, implying that Kanako's joke could be interpreted as offensive.

I don't think a single Mononofu saw it that way but you, even if you say you didn't think it was an insult.

Your comment was out of place, no better than that "Did it bother you the earlier outfits " nonsense

If you're going to respond to comments pointing out things in a negative way, expect people to be negative back at you

That's your interpretation of my words. I was responding to your post with how they used English in the concert - my main point being "not much". The rest was fluff. You're taking it far too seriously. How is this negative in ANY way "but of course Kanako didn't mean it that way."

I don't know if you're not reading my posts or what. I said it's highly likely no one took offense to it, twice now. I said I didn't take offense to it. Kanako could insult me to my face and I wouldn't care. I don't have thin skin (not to mention, she's my oshi). But it's factual to say the "american joke" thing does come from a bad place, whether the intention was bad or not. I don't care about it. I didn't care about the black face either. But it's silly and ignorant to say no one could be offended by it. Some people might. But that's neither here nor there. My comment was literally just telling you when they used English. I went on to explain the american joke thing because the average person doesn't understand it. My friends at the concert were confused when Kanako made the joke. A lot of people were, just because that's a cultural thing in Japan that the average american doesn't know about. Just like the people in this thread didn't understand, which prompted me to explain it. Of course Japanese would find it funny, because they understand the context. My comment about the crowd being silent was not an implication that they were offended, it was an implication that they didn't understand the joke.

Look. I live in Japan. I hear "american joke" literally everyday. The point of saying that has always been an implication that Americans are unfunny. Hence, people could take offense to that. People do. People take offense to being called Gaijin as well. That's just factual. Obviously Kanako meant no harm, nor did they mean harm when they did the black face. I don't mind. Some people might. That's all I ever said. You're making a mountain out of an anthill here.

Don't assume the worst in people.

• honkey5honkey5

September 2016
    304 Reputation
    eh...

As someone pointed out correctly , i made my first reply to your reply to my reply when i was in in a lousy mood. For that you have my apologies

Fact is, i thought it was just another cute blunder of hers . Just as i didnt get offended when Momoka wore that confederate shirt at Folkmura.

Their english skills are pretty good in fact, specially Tamachan . I think they just find it too embarassing to speak it

Badalight said:

Just like the people in this thread didn't understand, which prompted me to explain it. .

Vimoral had just done that.

Adding more was , pardon my bluntness, spoonfeeding that other guy

Let's leave it at that. We're chasing our own tails on this subject

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    Vimoral's explanation didn't explain the concept, so I added some depth for people interested. But yeah, let's bow out here.

Shiori does have decent English. She spoke to me in English so I can vouch for that. I think Momoka probably does too but she's too shy to attempt it. She spoke to me in English as well, though I don't remember if she had help from the translator. I don't imagine the other 3 have any command of the language though.

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    I don't know, Momoka herself admitted that she don't speak English:

• September 2016
    78 Reputation
    Her saying "I don't speak English" is her speaking English. That wasn't really my point. Obviously none are fluent, but I'm sure Momoka knows some - clearly she does. I would never say I speak Japanese but I can speak Japanese phrases and can read some Japanese. IIRC Momoka can read English at the very least. Maybe that has more to do with Japan's education system focusing too much on reading and writing as opposed to speaking.

• OM617OM617

September 2016
    176 Reputation
    I can say "Nihongo o hanasemasen" like she said "I don't speak English". Parroting a learned phrase is not speaking the language. I can speak/understand quite a few words/phrases in Japanese, but I don't fully understand the grammar or pretend I can produce a meaningful sentence on my own yet. And I'm NOWHERE near being able to read any of it.

I'm sure during the tour there will be at least one MC where they show off their english, if only what was directed by KWKM for the show, but I bet they will inject their own blurbs if the fans encourage it!

Remember one of their earlier bits where Kanako said something like "thats 10 years of english lessons"

• September 2016
    14 Reputation
    Badalight said:

yuzuriha said:

By the way, if anyone is looking for VIP for NYC let me know. My friend originally thought she could swing it, but she realized she is just getting back from Japan right before the concert so the timing is really bad for her.

I know someone who is looking for one!

Hey sorry I kept forgetting to check this board and I finally figured out how to quote haha. I sent you a PM, is your friend still looking for a ticket?

• mayuzomayuzo

September 2016
    10 Reputation

Anyone have a spare VIP Ticket? There's a fan in the FB Group who wants one

I am looking for a VIP ticket for Honolulu. Please tell me if you know people who wants to sell one.

Thanks in advance.
    :)

• September 2016
    30 Reputation
    The merchandise got updated on the tour site.

No light sticks :(

• September 2016
    69 Reputation
    discoleon said:

The merchandise got updated on the tour site.

No light sticks :(

No light sticks?!?!? that's what I was most excited for :(

• September 2016
    904 Reputation
    I emailed them about any additional merch they may have available (pen lights, CDs, DVDs, Toujinsai, solo concert merch)
    Hopefully I get a response in a few days

• MDGuy

September 2016
    12 Reputation
    Hi, me and my brother are going to go to Los Angeles's concert, we are from Uruguay. Is there some spanish-speaking person who is going to go there too? :)

We were also excited about having light sticks, recently I sent an E-mail asking about it. Maybe if all of us sent them an Email, they would decide to sell light sticks

Also, would be very helpfull if someone tell me if there is some bus or metro from the airport to the Wiltern

Thank you! I'll see you there :)>-

• September 2016
    32 Reputation
    A bit outdated (from end of July), but at least pen lights are confirmed. wouldnt have made sense if they didnt.

Thank you for the inquiry.
    Please see responses below.

1. I understand that concert merchandise is expected to be sold. Will this be something we purchase at the doors. or will it be possible to purchase ahead of time?

--Yes we are planning concert merchandise to be sold at the venue. We are also planning advance merchandise sales online, but it will only be sold inside of Japan.

2. Specifically, will pen lights be available for purchase (either at the doors or on sale through a website before the concert).

--Yes we are planning pen lights to be sold at the venue. We are also planning advance pen light sales online, but it will only be sold inside of Japan.

3. Aside from merchandise related to this specific tour, will there be any other merchandise available for sale?

--It has not yet been decided if we will be selling any merchandise that is not related to the USA tour.

• September 2016
    11 Reputation
    MDGuy said:

Hi, me and my brother are going to go to Los Angeles's concert, we are from Uruguay. Is there some spanish-speaking person who is going to go there too? :)

We were also excited about having light sticks, recently I sent an E-mail asking about it. Maybe if all of us sent them an Email, they would decide to sell light sticks

Also, would be very helpfull if someone tell me if there is some bus or metro from the airport to the Wiltern

Thank you! I'll see you there :)>-

Hello. I speak Spanish, I'll be at the Los Angeles concert. Maybe we can meet up before si quieren!

And now that the subject comes up, does anyone know if there is a "meet-up" of sorts for any of the concerts? I don't know any other MCZ fans so it'd be awesome to meet some :D

• September 2016
    32 Reputation
    Sad news in my inbox this morning:

Thank you for the inquiry.
    Unfortunately there are currently no plans of past merchandise on the tour.
    We have had questions regarding selling of pen lights and CD/DVDs but there are no plans for either.

Regards,
    Momoiro Clover Z Trans America Ultra Live

• MM305

September 2016
    436 Reputation
    When they are not selling pen lights, are they only referring to having pen lights to own and take home? Or does that also mean that no penlights will be given for the concerts (meaning that the audience will not use em to wave/chant/etc. like in an usual MCZ concert?

It'll be unusual to see a MCZ concert without pen lights!