[Album] 5th Momoiro Clover Z
  • vimoralvimoral

April 12
    2361 Reputation
    Jacket A

• April 12
    416 Reputation
    Someone was able to zoom in on the bonus disc and see that a music video for a song called "The Diamond Four" is included. This will presumably be the leading song of the album. Maybe we'll see it performed at Haru no Ichidaiji?

• April 12
    94 Reputation
    vimoral said:

Jacket A

That is the coolest cover for an MCZ album ever! I may try to get a poster!

• SpookyBSpookyB

April 14
    23 Reputation
    Regarding the google play store question, It could be. A lot of their recent music is on there including their four albums so maybe!! No luck for any of their single or solo stuff though..

• April 15
    92 Reputation
    Here's jacket B:

• April 15
    416 Reputation
    I absolutely love this jacket. They look amazing! Tons of references in the background as well. Here are the ones I've found so far:

1. Left side books are "Weekend Heroine" and "Phantom Thief-girl"
    2. Right hand books are "Book of Momoiro Clover Z" and "THE POWER OF". Don't know what power they are referencing. 5 the Power?
    3. Left of Aarin's shoulder is a photo of the 5th Dimension costume.
    4. Top left above Aarin is a frame saying "桃くろZ", which reads as Momokuro Z".
    5. Right above Kanako's head is a picture of four peaches
    6. Above that one of the old clover logos
    7. At the top above Kanako's head is a picture of the Pinky Jones headdress
    8. Between Shiori's and Reni's heads is a picture of four diamonds, referencing their new title The Diamond Four and possibly also the new song with the same name.
    9. The clock at the top is set at 5:17, referencing both the release date of the album but also the founding date of the group.
    10. To the right of the clock and diamond picture is some sort of angel/devil picture, probably referencing the outfits and theme of Saraba, Itoshiki Kanashimitachi yo.
    11. Next to the angel/devil picture we can see the logos from Amaranthus and Hakkin no Yoake.
    12. To the right of Reni is a painting I haven't been able to figure out. I haven't seen anyone on Twitter really understanding it yet either.
    13. To the right and above that painting is a picture of the original Z Densetsu belts.
    14. Below that and to the right of Reni is a mandala from GOUNN.
    15. There are five empty frames, which could mean a variety of things. They could be referencing that they used to be five members, or they could reference the five singles that were released ahead of the album.
    16. On the floor in front of them are four stone peaches.
    17. There's five pillars, which could also be for the previous five members? Unclear if there's any significance to four of them being toppled.

• April 15
    144 Reputation
    12. The mysterious painting reminds me of Z no Chikai for some reason.

17. I am also concerned that one pillar is standing, while the other four are lying. Most likely, the right-most one is not supposed to be grouped with the other four.

• April 15
    416 Reputation
    Yeah, I've seen people on Twitter mentioning Z no Chikai. The sunset makes me think of something like Pink Sora though.

• April 15
    144 Reputation
    I would still vote for Z no Chikai, because it is a single, while Pink Sora is not, and all other references are either to singles or to albums.

To add to the list of references, there are also four birds (and four peaks) on this painting. (And the Sun, lol).

Either way, this cover seems more appropriate for Momoiro Clover Z Best than for the next regular album.

EDIT: I take that back. I forgot they are re-recording their old songs.

• SpookyBSpookyB

April 15
    23 Reputation
    This cover is gorgeous, love the subtle nods to past singles too

• April 15
    416 Reputation

I would still vote for Z no Chikai, because it is a single, while Pink Sora is not, and all other references are either to singles or to albums.

Yeah, but what puzzles me with Z no Chikai is how vague it would be. All the other references are really clear and obvious, so this feels really out place. I feel like there's something really obvious everyone is missing haha.

• April 15
    94 Reputation

Yeah, but what puzzles me with Z no Chikai is how vague it would be. All the other references are really clear and obvious, so this feels really out place. I feel like there's something really obvious everyone is missing haha.

I'm pretty sure it's Z no Chikai. It looks like a planet being destroyed, a la Namek from Dragon Ball Z. There's lava from within the planet rising up all over the mountains. The girls dressed as Frieza in the video, who is the villain that destroyed that planet.

And I agree. That's a beautiful jacket! I still prefer Jacket A, but I've ordered both anyway.

• April 18
    428 Reputation

17. There's five pillars, which could also be for the previous five members? Unclear if there's any significance to four of them being toppled.

Most likely, there's no significance to it whatsoever. But there's a tiny chance that it's an inside joke signifying that Kanako, Shiori, Momoka and Ahrin all fell down on stage before, but Reni never has. I've heard them talk about that before, so they ARE keeping track of that particular stat. It's not out of the question that they decided to put it in there.

• vimoralvimoral

April 24
    2361 Reputation

• April 25
    416 Reputation
    Full tracklist for the new album has been released!

01. Road Show
    02. The Diamond Four
    03. GODSPEED
    04. Anta Tobashisugi!!
    05. Tamashii no Tabemono
    06. Re:Story
    07. Revival
    08. Karei naru Fukushu
    09. MORE WE DO!
    10. Ready May [Ready Mei? Uncertain about this one]
    11. Sweet Wanderer
    12. Tengoku no Detarame
    13. THE SHOW
    BONUS Momoclo no Reiwa Nippon Banzai!

• MM305

April 25
    586 Reputation
    So...no Horeo or Let Z Go?

• April 25
    416 Reputation
    Nope. Either they'll make an appearance as b-sides on some future single release, or forever remain live only performances.

• April 25
    66 Reputation

10. Ready May [Ready Mei? Uncertain about this one]

I suspect this may be actually Lady May.

• April 26
    416 Reputation
    Oh, that would make a lot of sense. Hopefully the song itself will make it more clear.

Also, just released! Music video for The Diamond Four

• MM305

April 26
    586 Reputation
    Man...their beauty STILL pisses me off!

But since this drug addiction forced to me to take a looksy...I must say that it's a well produced song, but one where I don't think it deserves "The Diamond Four" title. A title like that must be an introductory song that both introduces the members and displays their weirdness/silliness (along with their excellent choreograph dancing). You know, something for new fans to get a preview on how these girls act (that's why Z Densetsu is still THE perfect introductory song).

[For those who wonder, I used drug addiction as a metaphor for something that you don’t want to take take, but that something leaves a feeling of addiction that prevents you to get rid of it no matter how hard you try]